Grand Theft Auto: IV

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Grand Theft Auto: IV

Post by 2furio »

ImJ wrote:Anyone seen that IGN gave this game a " 10 - Masterful " :shock:
Oh man, 2 more days, just 2 more days till i get my hands on this, hurry time up time, we're depending on you!!! lol.
I wonder how much money they were paid to give that rating. Damn, the GTA IV over-hype is actually sickening. I mean, first of all, the graphics are indeed better and considering the massive city the engine must render, it is pretty impressive but there's NO WAY Graphics can get a rating of 10, that's just fanboy rating right there.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I'm with you on that one, I mean, the reason San Andreas was so successful is not down to graphics but gameplay, this is exactly the same. I was saying before on another forum that wouldn't it be hilarious if it was a complete flop! I mean, it was hyped up so much, if it was a useless game then rockstar would have next to no fans...

Hilarious...
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

ok..........

(inches away slowly, then runs for his life)

Nah, I think that the judges took into consideration the fact that San Andreas had a huge map, which would make creating the graphics a whole lot harder.
oh snap
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

@ImJ: I didn't copy you're avatar, its the same one on my xbox live profile.. :lol: plus its not yours anyway its Rockstars. :P
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Striker94 wrote:Nah, I think that the judges took into consideration the fact that San Andreas had a huge map, which would make creating the graphics a whole lot harder.
To make an example, IGN didn't...

they rated the graphics 4, and said that they could have done a lot better. Not likely in my opinion, but it still got 9.9 anyway so who cares?
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Graphics
The level of detail is astounding. Liberty City feels alive and lived in. While there are some technical issues, the artistic merits push the score to the max. A true marvel.
A "10" is not a score we give out very often. In fact, the last time we gave a 10 to a console game was Soul Calibur in 1999. A 10 doesn't mean a game is perfect -- it means a game is pushing boundaries, expanding a genre, and doing many things to a level so far above and beyond its competitors that they overshadows any flaws. Certainly, GTA IV has some issues, the most noticeable being the occasional flaw in the cover system, but there are many more pieces of GTA IV that are better than anything I've seen from a game in the past decade. We don't give 10s often -- just to games that merit the score.
And yes, this is GTA, so i am not surprised.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

1 day left omgz0r
Explicit signature removed.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

*Drools* One more day sweet, i will not be able to sleep tonight.. :lol:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

race_invader wrote:*Drools* One more day sweet, i will not be able to sleep tonight.. :lol:
You're not going for midnight release ?
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

I can't think of a games place in Perth which remains open until midnight… Unless it's for this special occasion, which I've heard nothing of.
Anyway… half a day remaining. I love our GMT+8 timezone :P
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Well SA gets it 1.5 hours before you lol, and Vic, NSW etc. 2 hours earlier.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I called Ebgames today, they told me that they are opening 1 hour earlier. So that means they are gonna open at 8:00am instead of 9:00am. :) Which is decent enough i guess.. ill be waking at 6am to get ready then go with my mum to drop me off at 7:00am then ill just wait.
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Well SA gets it 1.5 hours before you lol, and Vic, NSW etc. 2 hours earlier.
Omg... You mean Australia has more then one time zone? :roll:
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

TG is already playing the game now, i just saw his game status on PSN. :)

ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

You do know austrailia has the game now :P I mean that Lan.Evo Three has it, seen him playing it on XBOX LIVE. He said he went to the midnight launch. Damn B a s t a r ds, Anyway in 4 Hours my bro is going to the midnight launch here since he's doing night shift at work at 1:30am - 12pm lmao : D
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

ImJ wrote:You do know austrailia has the game now :P I mean that Lan.Evo Three has it, seen him playing it on XBOX LIVE. He said he went to the midnight launch. Damn B a s t a r ds, Anyway in 4 Hours my bro is going to the midnight launch here since he's doing night shift at work at 1:30am - 12pm lmao : D
I rather wait 1 day to play the normal game Rockstar made, then play a crappy censured game on 28 april in Australia ^^.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

Meh, can't afford it, not when I'm getting so many other frickin' things in the next few weeks. Bring on Melbourne Comedy Roadshow!
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

OMG yay, my bro texted me that he has the game, oh boy i can't wait to play it now :D
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Tyrant wrote:I rather wait 1 day to play the normal game Rockstar made, then play a crappy censured game on 28 april in Australia ^^.
There really isn't much cut out at all. I was pretty worried that they were going to reduce the amount of blood... but it's there all right... and lots of it. 8) I guess the Hookers are not there... but I don't give a toss about that.
It's a really fantastic game (Been playing for the last 6/7 hours). The crash damage is very well done compared to previous GTA’s, and running pedestrians over is good fun to watch :P. I won’t comment too much about it, you'll all see it very soon anyway.

Ooh, Another nice thing; Smashing Pumpkins – 1979 is featured on the rock station 8)
Zero260
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zero260 »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Meh, can't afford it
Me neither. :cry: I already traded half my PS2 games to GameStop for GT5 Prologue... Freakin' college eating up my monies so I can't play games... Damn you, education.
jacoja06 wrote:The crash damage is very well done compared to previous GTA’s, and running pedestrians over is good fun to watch :P

Ooh, Another nice thing; Smashing Pumpkins – 1979 is featured on the rock station 8)
Niiice. 8)
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Oh man... Just watch some online video-review and the game looks friggin' awesome (of course).
I had seen the trailers and such before, but now I got a more in-depth view of the game.
Too bad I'm broke, so I'm not getting a PS3 any time soon, if ever :).
lol wut
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

I've got the game been playing it ever since 8am, ive been through alot of missions and yet have not unlocked the 2nd island, which is great cause at least it will take me awhile. :lol: Floppy people are so funny, i like shooting people in the knee cap and seeing them crawl. :twisted:
--
Anyways, imo this is the best GTA i get bored of other GTA's, this one has something that makes me wanna just stay up forever, i would give everything 10/10. Haven't checked out Xbox live cause ive been playing on the Plasma screen which my cable cannot reach, i will be online soon. :)
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

This game is JUST WOW, the GFX are so amazing , much better than the pictures you seen on sites ^^. gameplay of the cars is pretty hard to control as they changed it to realism but still i don't mind ;)

An online pwns, just played Cops n crooks, pwnage :D
10/10!
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

i played at a friend's house and all i can say is that the hookers are lawl :lol:
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Today i found a jump near burgershot, flipped the car and there was such a huge well massive chuck dented into the rear end on my blista compact. :lol:
-
Question to other GTA IV players, does any car you drive or blow up doors fall off? mine don't/never fall off they either just never shut or they close again thats all. And for American players or even UK players what are your strippers like? cause in the Aussie version mine have a X on their nipple.
Last edited by race_invader on 30 Apr 2008, 16:14, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Games”