Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Andredew
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andredew »

but MAYBE they are official and the DEMO will be released in a few days :shock: :D
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

no word about it on official site nor any of sites like gamespot\ign and so on.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Skyline_man wrote:He got them from NFS-Center i beleive and they are NOT official, official system requirements are usually announced a few days before the PC demo release.
And how much are you willing to bet those are the official requirements? :wink: :P

EDIT: So, a few days ago, we saw the canyon drift trailer, but I also noticed IGN has a track drifting video with the same Supra:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/826/ ... ids_1.html
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

thats the one i posted before and you yelled at me saying "is it that hard to check a few pages back?!!!111"
right back at you.
btw check page 144 or 145, thats where it was mentioned and you flamed me for it.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Fishwhiz, can you please stfu now?

2furio forget to mention the Track trailer, that's it.
Gay
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Gay »

hey has anyone notice the red bag carry by the gal in carbon intro video??
i think it is the wat the game going to develop on...
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

PSZeTa wrote:Fishwhiz, can you please stfu now?

2furio forget to mention the Track trailer, that's it.
Thank you...apparently Fishwhiz has a vision problem... :roll:
I checked the pages and there was no mention of the Track Drifting Video...which was in fact new...
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

The video is Different the the other ones, Yes its the second video The TRACK drift, Its too low quality, the effects didn't look real and the pixels were crap! although nice find!
User deactivated:
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

HouseMD93 wrote:The video is Different the the other ones, Yes its the second video The TRACK drift, Its too low quality, the effects didn't look real and the pixels were crap! although nice find!
ahve you tried to wach it at high quality? :lol: :roll:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

HouseMD93 wrote:The video is Different the the other ones, Yes its the second video The TRACK drift, Its too low quality, the effects didn't look real and the pixels were crap! although nice find!
Your prayers have been answered. The video is now available in higher quality at these links:
- http://www.gametrailers.com/ (Look for Drifting Trailer, highly recommend downloading the HD version) or
- http://www.3dgamers.com/games/needforspeed10/downloads/ (under Sep 22, 2006)

M@r!n0, you have to be an IGN Insider member (which you have to pay) to see it in higher quality. That reminds me, stupid IGN and Gamespot...who in their right mind would pay to see higher quality videos. :roll: That's why I love Gametrailers. They have a ton of game videos available in HD resolutions for free...and their servers are fast too...

Commenting on the recent drifting videos...
1. What are those huge flames coming from the side of the Supra. The exhaust pipes are at the back but I see some huge flames coming from the side.
2. A love the shaking of the cam when viewed in third-person. This was originally only in the Undergound drags and I loved the effect. It really adds to the sense of speed.
3. Drifting seems to easy. I mean not to pull off...but to win. If you noticed at the player's score compared to the opponent's, he/she is way ahead, sometimes having 9x more points. The game modes need to be more challenging...we need smarter AI...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Seems like the exhaust pipes are on the side of the car?
HouseMD93
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HouseMD93 »

Now thats what i am talking about :D and its not techniqally prayers.
User deactivated:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

PSZeTa wrote:Seems like the exhaust pipes are on the side of the car?
But they are clearly at the back...
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

2furio wrote:
Skyline_man wrote:He got them from NFS-Center i beleive and they are NOT official, official system requirements are usually announced a few days before the PC demo release.
And how much are you willing to bet those are the official requirements? :wink: :P

EDIT: So, a few days ago, we saw the canyon drift trailer, but I also noticed IGN has a track drifting video with the same Supra:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/826/ ... ids_1.html

Ok, im almost sure those arent the reqs simply because:

Memory is far too big for such game. Its a racing game, wich means only thing that yr memory gotta store is car textures and world textures wich never were hi-definition ones. Large memory reqs usually a trend for FPS or MMORPG games where there are huge territories that are accessible by players and thats why they need to have hi-res textures. But when your racing at 250kph you dont need a 2048x2048 texture that will show you some random bush on a slope.

Video card also not much of a real, in case game supports only upper age cards that certainly puts some of younger users out. Think that, majority of top-end gaming systems are owned by adults or mid-age teenagers. And you surely cant expect from EA to let down some part of their potential buyers? I mean you seriosly think that 9-12 yr olds arent playing those games with their regular PCs as of MX cards...

I myself would rather say recommended would be 768mb of Ram, and cards would be from mid to upper range cards.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Those are EA's recommended minimum requirements..if you know what I mean. Yes, you can probably play the game with 256 mb of RAM and an old nVidia MX...but you won't get much of an experience. The same way they say that laptop versions of the chip are not supported. It was said the same thing about Most Wanted...and I know someone who has a laptop with a 7600Go (not sure but it was a 7-series) and Most Wanted worked perfectly fine at high detail...

I personally don't think 512 mb memory requirement is too high...you also have to remember that:
1. Vinyls and car models have higher poly count and higher res. textures and
2. The whole world has to be rendered instantly...so, yes, RAM does play an important role in the new NFS games.

When you have higher textured buildings...then, the requirement for more RAM increases exponentially...
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Well yeah, fair enough then.

However we cant know for sure untill we see demo readme.

p.s. oh cmon...carp list III isnt even out yet...means...no demo untill 1st oct for sure.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

2furio wrote: 1. What are those huge flames coming from the side of the Supra. The exhaust pipes are at the back but I see some huge flames coming from the side.
i first thought it was NOS or Turbo blast or something, but the exhausts are on the back and most of the "flames" came from the side just like you said :)

it could be sparks from pebbles etc hitting the bottom of the car
if its not that, dunno what it is :?
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

2furio wrote:I know someone who has a laptop with a 7600Go (not sure but it was a 7-series) and Most Wanted worked perfectly fine at high detail...
My Geforce Go 6200 also works fine in MW :p
Cento_1307
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cento_1307 »

2furio wrote: Commenting on the recent drifting videos...
1. What are those huge flames coming from the side of the Supra. The exhaust pipes are at the back but I see some huge flames coming from the side.
2. A love the shaking of the cam when viewed in third-person. This was originally only in the Undergound drags and I loved the effect. It really adds to the sense of speed.
3. Drifting seems to easy. I mean not to pull off...but to win. If you noticed at the player's score compared to the opponent's, he/she is way ahead, sometimes having 9x more points. The game modes need to be more challenging...we need smarter AI...
1. I think the 'flames' are supposed to be some kind of grounding as they come from the side of the car that's nearest the ground.

3. Could it be a high skill gamer doing a drift in a low skill race?
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Possibley landing from a jump?
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

From what I saw, possibly buggy exhaust flames that cause them to be incorrectly positioned.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

They do appear to be badly positioned exhaust flames. They only appear when the car is shifting. In previous installments of NFS games, shifting would cause flames to appear in the exhaust.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

blow off flames on the exhaust appear on an tuned engine, the gas isn`t fully burned, and some little gas particles are blown off the exhaust pipe and from the heat they get fired up, that`s why when the gear is shifted, appears the flames effect.

defenately a bug!
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

lol. yoni already has drifting down. he's a pro already lol. anyways, the burst of flames from the side looks cool imo.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Flameking wrote:anyways, the burst of flames from the side looks cool imo.
Why don't we also have random explosions on the side of the canyon? Doesn't that sound cool?

Return to “Carbon”