Need For Speed: Carbon

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Darth Meatloaf wrote:I have a question. Those pictures of the exlusive cars, was that all the info smoothie was talking about?
Those aren't the exclusive cars. If you check out the wiki, you should see a list of "tentative" exclusive cars. However, it would suck if the Koenigsegg was exclusive.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i think it makes it look like a pimp/gangster ride.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

prince1142003 wrote:Those aren't the exclusive cars. If you check out the wiki, you should see a list of "tentative" exclusive cars. However, it would suck if the Koenigsegg was exclusive.
Before the pictures were released, didn't smoothie say IGN will have pictures of exclusive cars only available in the Collector's Edition? I presume these are the card he was talking about.
MadDawg wrote:Its the 17th an now 6:18pm and yet no demo! I thought it was supposed to be out today?
Yep, the PS2 demo has been released today bundled with other demos. I forgot the website from where you can buy it though.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Actually, what I remember smoothie saying is that IGN will have exclusive pictures of cars. Maybe someone can find his post again and clarify?
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

IGN has "exclusive" wallpapers for IGN Insider Members (of course you have to pay) but someone posted the wallpaper (there was only 1) on the IGN forum:
http://insiderimages.ign.com/download/i ... n_1920.jpg
The wallpaper seems poorly made and if it was made by IGN, it just goes to show you that paying for that stupid membership is highly unworth it.
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

2furio posted it a few pages back OR you can go to http://www.needforspeed.com and check the official car list forum
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Phew, found the message on the 184th page of this thread. The exact original message was:

Hiya!

A few more cars from the Collector's Edition are going to be revealed on IGN any moment now. :wink:

~ Smoothie

I can't quote the original because the official NFS forum is either really slow or not working at the moment.

EDIT: I print-screened the post for all the doubters out there
Attachments
Proof the 2006 Koenigsegg CCX, 2006 Chevrolet Camaro Concept, 2007 Jaguar XK and the Nissan 240SX are Collector's Edition exclusives.
Proof the 2006 Koenigsegg CCX, 2006 Chevrolet Camaro Concept, 2007 Jaguar XK and the Nissan 240SX are Collector's Edition exclusives.
Last edited by 2furio on 18 Oct 2006, 01:07, edited 2 times in total.
Morniemacar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Morniemacar »

the jkanuary 2007 plate could be the date for releasing in ps3, or a delay in the release date or nfs carbon
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Ah, ok. I guess I'll update the wiki later if no one handles it before. If someone does, remember to update the carlist, individual car pages, NFS Carbon page, and the Special Edition pages.

EDIT:
Answer me this: EA officially said that the Collector's Edition will have 3 exclusive cars. IGN has pics of 4 new cars. Granted it's possible that they're exclusive cars, but I doubt it. EA wouldn't have officially announced something and then changed their minds about it.
A-spec
Drift King
Drift King

Post by A-spec »

Nice pics. Love the Comaro 8) Now I know what type of car I will be riding most. Very high detail in the pics. It is Probably taken from the PS3 or the X-360 using that handy camra feature. If that is the case, DANG, I hope the pic I take turn out like that. :)
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

2furio wrote: EDIT: I print-screened the post for all the doubters out there
nooo... we believe you... we just dont believe smoothie... ;)
Darth Meatloaf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Darth Meatloaf »

Has anyone seen skylineman around? I haven't seen him for a loong time
Druboe
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Druboe »

well, new video at gametrailers.com, its about ''Meet the crew''. Both in HD quality and regular :)

LINK : http://www.gametrailers.com
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

That just looks like they chucked the blocker scout and drafter videos into one
A better video on Game Trailers is the 'Preview' one, first on the Carbon video list.
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: In the driving seat of my Mitsubishi GTO or Eclipse GT 07

Post by gtouk21 »

Hey all,

first time in a nfs forum, but i do say, NFS carbon is gonna rock.

Glad Neons are back. Trying to make veilside cars in NFSC on PS2 is still going to be a challenge. I hope for the next NFS tuning game they bring a mode called "2player Pink Slip" where you and a buddy race against each other (Split screen and Network) for each other's cars in your garages. That'll be cool. Similar to what 'Juiced' had.

Pity that i havnt seen a Mitsubishi GTO(UK+Jap)/ 3000GT(USA) in the car list. i really hope and pray it is in. a stage 4 turbo will give 800bhp+. it was quite bad what EA did to that cars reputation in NFSU2, they made the car terribly slow. Gran Turismo does justice to that car.
Muscles suck. Tuners and Exotics Rule. Mitsubishi foreva
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

If your whining that 3000GT was made slow by EA what can i say about the Supra.....Along with the Skyline it should've been the fastest car in U2 but instead the fastest were all fwd crap.
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gtouk21 »

Quite true. the 3000GT, Supra and Skyline were supposed to be the rockers. Mean while, the 350Z and RX7 got all the glory. Crap one.
Python_S
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Python_S »

>American and German cars are for losers. JAP cars rule.

By the way i like your thinking.... :lol:
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

Whats the deal, German cars are the nuetral side.

Leave them alone and keep American cars as they are the ones you are competing with.
Just remember all those guys in American cars look at a jap car and say 'f**ken rice box'

:P Us german car drivers just don't say anything because we respect your own decision, but to ourselves, we know our cars are superior. :P
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

And don't forget that aussies look at jap cars at shiznit's. It all a matter of taste, but like the saying goes, Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but not everyone watns to hear about them
StreekG
Drift King
Drift King

Post by StreekG »

SomeKindOfMonster wrote:And don't forget that aussies look at jap cars at shiznit's. It all a matter of taste, but like the saying goes, Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but not everyone watns to hear about them
Haha never actually heard that one. Its good, i like 8)
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jamaleni »

StreekG wrote:
SomeKindOfMonster wrote:And don't forget that aussies look at jap cars at shiznit's. It all a matter of taste, but like the saying goes, Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, but not everyone watns to hear about them
Haha never actually heard that one. Its good, i like 8)
You obviously didn't watch Dirty Harry movies ;o)
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Looks like my covers been blown lol.
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by gtouk21 »

StreekG, no such thing as a neutral, or a in-betweener. You're either a winner or a loser. American car drivers are jealous that the jap's make better cars. american cars are all crates. Heavy box-shaped..... things!!!
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

And mitsubishi's are tin cans with headcolds, isn't this thread about carbon not about peoples taste in cars?

Return to “Carbon”