3%
Other (Name in Post)
6%

Total votes: 34

Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

The Corvette isn't THAT far off from a Lambo. The way I see it, it's expensive just because it's a Lambo.
BAMNFS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BAMNFS »

yea it not TOO far off but the fact is that people are trying to say that a corvette is a exotic... a corvette is not made like an exotic, so it not an exotic
and the reason it is so expensive is because its not made of cheap plastic like a corvette...
IMO a corvette is a cheap alternative to a sports car or "Exotic"
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Hmmm @ LS2 engine in the Corvette.

If the Corvette is an Exotic, then you could argue that the Vauxhall Monaro VXR is as well as it uses the same engine. I don't really think so, sorry (although I like Corvettes for what they are, as well)
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Aston Martin DB9 is me favorite. Lovin' that design. :D
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Don't all modern Aston Martin's look the same?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Astons got the same cararcteristics yes, but they are diffirent. mainly in size etc.

They basicly all look like a DB7 wich still is great looking car.. and they sill got some of the classical DB, DB5 looks.

but most exotic cars got resemble something from previous generations.. Ferarri's do also look alike, but they are more in generations. the F430 looks like a 360 modena. and the 550/575 looks like a 456.

But yes Astons do look alike... alot to be honest..
I don't care much I love Aston Martins, their great, they looks awsome they are pure brittish elegance!
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

wow, show me the stats again i'm still not comprehending how a C6 is not better than a gallardo. the gallardo has a mid V 10, and the c6 has a front v8, but the only difference in top speed is 6mph??? and in 0- 100 (the only time that really matters IMO) they are even, plus its not even half the price. It may not be an exotic, but it sure does square up nicely to one, plus didn't a vette win Le-Mans last year???

America does have some exotics, Ford GT, Panoz and Saleen S7, you forget about those?

(GO AMERICA) LOL :)
BAMNFS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BAMNFS »

agree^ the corvette does compare very close to the lambo but the thing is that a lambo is made better than a corvette.... and no i did not forget about ford and saleen i just wanted to put in companies who have more than 2or3 exotics saleen has only one the S7, ford has only two the GT and GT40, but yes i did forget Panoz.....
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Exotics bore me lol , then again Tuners properly bore u lot .
BAMNFS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BAMNFS »

i like tuners, muscle and exotics.. none of them bore me! i love them all.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The saleen S7 is a copy of a McLaren F1, and a bad one at it.

And to compare a Lemans car with a real car. yes The C5 corvette did win several races and so does the new C6R. but in case you forgot a Lemans car is not a normal car.
the C6R has over 600 bhp. and is a pure track car.
you can't buy it in a dealership. same goes for the Aston Martin DBR9.
top speed and 0-60 times tells us NOTHING... it is boring and pretty useless. what is important is a track time.
so I searched the Top gear laptimes:

Chevrolet Corvette 1.26.8
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 1.22.4
Lamborghini Gallardo 1.25.8

but then does the Lancer EVO VIII MR FQ400 qualify as a Exotic aswell?
Evo FQ 400 1.24.8
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

no, you're totally wrong if you were trying to present that the S7 is a copy of the McLaren F1 as a fact. it's a completely different design than a McLaren. it uses a TT 7.0L V8 too, not a weak lil' 4.0L Beamer V12.

McLaren F1:

1/4 mile - 11.6 seconds
0-60 - 3.4 seconds
0-100 - 7.7 seconds
top speed - 243 mph

Saleen S7:

1/4 mile - 10.7 seconds
0-60 - 2.8 seconds
0-100 - 6 seconds flat
top speed - 248 mph
Attachments
Saleen S7
Saleen S7
McLaren F1
McLaren F1
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

The McLaren's V12 was a 6.1L, and the Saleen couldn't beat it until they strapped on two turboes. Still, both nice cars though.

And, as for the Lambo thing, that's not exactly fair to compare it to the basic C6, at least go for the Z06, which would kill both Lamborghinis. It's not an exotic, I know that. But, it can take far more abuse, it's faster, and has more racing victories (the Lamborghini has approximately no important racing history).

As for supercars I do like, well, it's a little iffy. I love Astons. Porsches are fantastic (although I'm not sure I could justify the cost of a Carerra GT to myself, and if Corvettes aren't exotics, the 911 isn't exactly one either). And I'm still pissed that Canada doesn't get the Elise (again, though, not an exotic).
Calibra_14
Banned

Post by Calibra_14 »

Ferrari is leading..
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

WELL DONE, SHERLOCK!

Sorry had to do that.

Saleen > MCF1 Much better looking i say.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Saleen has a huge rear end and too many vents. I'd have to say I prefer the McLaren.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

ooh man who said that I meant ENGINE WISE! I ment about looks. the front view of a McL F1 and a S7 are pretty damn Similar and and the side isn't much of eighter (exept that the S7 is longer and thus looks alot more flat.

@R34GTR: not very patriotic to choose a Yank over a brittish build car eh? :lol:

Yet again I am not saying that I don't like The Saleen, I would love to see it in Carbon for instance.

@Hecubus: Although the corvette is often referred as the American Porsche 911. (wich is also the reason why you won't see a Corvette here very much be cause we already have a Porsche 911 and it is called the... Porsche 911 :lol: )

Speed wise the Corvettes and the 911's where always pretty close. (the new Z06 is according to the TG list just 0.1 second slower then a 911 GT3 RS (and a 360 CS) so they are pretty close.)
But what seperates a Porsche from a Corvette, is simply the build quality and luxury (exept the 911 GT3 RS cause it is rather bare :P )
I've been in a C6 (in a showroom) and driven a 911 myself and the product quality is so much better in the Porsche the the Vette. It feels just as it is... expensive :lol:
And a Carerra GT is without a doubt a Exotic.

and for those who want to see the complete list of laptimes:
http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2 ... s/thestig/

Look I like alot of cars. I like muscle cars for what they are and how they sound (got to give them that :wink: ) but they are not my style in terms of looks)
I also love alot of sportscars (imposts for that matter) some look really good and have matched performance and that on a fair budget, and the usefullness of them.
And I love exotics, pure because of what they can do and even more for how they look. I couldn't care less about the fuel they use or if they are unreliable... I care about what they look like
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

lol look what I started.... :lol:

but yea, Z06 > Gallardo, all day!!!!

and its still cheaper, smh @ your disrespect for american cars
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The ALOT cheaper part really depends on where you live.

Here In Europe a Corvette C6 is a expensive car and is no longer very good bang for your buck.

A C6 here in The Netherlands costs around 95.000 euro (120.000 USD) and used they drop half in price, cause you can get a C6 with 20.000 Km on it for 57.000, wich is btw a alot of loss in value within a year (2005 model) but he this was about the price for a new car. not used.

The Z06 isn't even in the list yet. (BTW all are American Imports, they are not sold here officially, there where plans but the market for a Corvette is just to small to make a profit (and especially with these prices.)

A gallardo new is about double the price it will set you back around the 200.000 euro (250.000 USD)
To compare the used cars a Used Gallardo with the same Milage also drops 50.000 euro and is well 150.000.

The Gallardo is still alot more expensive but the corvette is by no means a cheap car here.

ooh and even with the price diffirence and the fact that a Z06 is faster.. I'll still take a Gallardo if I had the chance.
Reason: with the Gallardo you drive a Lamborghini. and with the Corvette.. well a Chevrolet.
And they make very tasteless cars here in europe (former Deawoo)
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Ferrari for me... i just love the f430... its the best car imo...

if u want toknow why... watch this: http://tinyurl.com/pbzcn
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

Lamborghini FOR LIFE :!: :!: :!: :!:
Last edited by Blazing Gallardo on 18 Jul 2006, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Porsche has got style, the cars are too cool and excellent. Wow, if i won the lottery i'll buy one.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Porsche.
@Slim- I've personally seen a F430 out-accelerated by a modded E36 M3
(Though it was running a Vortech stage 3 and 200bhp of nitrous)
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
R34GTR
Professional
Professional

Post by R34GTR »

TheStig wrote:
@R34GTR: not very patriotic to choose a Yank over a brittish build car eh? :lol:
Bleh, never really been a fan of the Road F1. I loved the Longtail GT Version, i'd take that over the Saleen 8)
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

steelsnake00 wrote:Porsche.
@Slim- I've personally seen a F430 out-accelerated by a modded E36 M3
(Though it was running a Vortech stage 3 and 200bhp of nitrous)
well yea, but i bet the f430 handles much more smoothly than the M3...

Return to “The Cars”