Best car sound ever....

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i love the sound of straight piped turbo diesels, they just sound very powerful. subaru boxer engines also sound pretty cool, youd never think it was a 4 cyl.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Ugh, you're not talking about those trucks that sound like they have a turbo the size of a refrigerator, are you? There's some peeps that live down the street who have a truck like that, and two other friends with the same kind of trucks that are over there constantly. You can here them whining from two blocks away, it's damn annoying.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i love it ! nothing irritates me more than a small gas engine that sounds like my gas powered weed whacker i mean come on my atv has a deeper sound
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Nothing irritates me more than rednecks.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

Haha. The supercharged supra sounds cool.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Supra?
Supercharged?

Didn't the all leave the factory turbo'd or N/A?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

@ steelsnake ... good im glad \:D/
from motor trend: "Outside North America the full-size pickup is simply irrelevant to the vast majority of automotive consumers - too big, too thirsty, too brash. In Europe they laugh at our monstrous Dodge Rams like we laugh at their tiny smart cars: "Who'd be dumb enough to buy one of those?"
that about sums it up in a general kind of way, and i do laugh at those small european cars and stripped down bmws some call a race car hate to be in an accident :lol: though there wouldnt be any rush to the hospital
McLaren_dude
Drift King
Drift King
Location: in my chair, looking at a screen, probably playing something

Post by McLaren_dude »

best sound i think ive ever heard was a Nissan 350Z Fairlady with a invidia exhaust system.

sounded real deep, and loud
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

a Camaro with a ZZ572 Big Block
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

ah yes, but dont be lazy and get the ZZ572/720R with 720 hp and 685 lb ft of torque out of the box it is reliable as the sun.
mmmm sexy
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

darknight788 wrote:ah yes, but dont be lazy and get the ZZ572/720R with 720 hp and 685 lb ft of torque out of the box it is reliable as the sun.
And about as old :P
darknight788 wrote:that about sums it up in a general kind of way, and i do laugh at those small european cars and stripped down bmws some call a race car hate to be in an accident :lol: though there wouldnt be any rush to the hospital
Psst, those "small European cars" have been making a mockery of US cars in crash testing for decades.
It's probably got something to do with the fact US engines are so big and heavy, meaning the laws of physics dictate it will travel back towards the vehicles occupant with more force in the event of a crash.

If you really wanna ensure you severly cripple yourself in a crash, do it one of the Original Minis. The firewall was made of...well, pretty much nothing, so the first thing that the engine hits the the driver's legs. Made worse by the fact it's nigh-on impossible to fine one which isn't made entirely out of rust these days.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

actually the ZZ572 came out 2-3 years ago
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

the reason alot of american cars are heavy is because people want convenience, luxury, and safety. for example my mom drives a chrysler pacifica, weighs almost 2.5 tons, slow as molasses ..... but it has awd,a dvd entertainment system, gps navigation, and sidecurtain airbags in all three rows and leather seating. the thing weighs about as much as a tank and it might as well be one but i would rather be in it than a mini cooper or audi or whatever in a accident, and it is perfect for winter driving.
and yes the 572 big block is old kind of ,there have been continuous improvements over the years that is why it is so reliable with so much power and they actually come with like a two year warranty or something like that.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

American cars have never been convenient, luxurious, or even particularly safe. You can get side curtain airbags, DVD entertainment systems and GPS in just about any new car, regardless of size. My M3's got GPS and curtain airbags, and I know for a fact you can get them on things as small as Lupos as my other half has just bought a Lupo GTi with everything you just mentioned besides AWD.
With a car that size, you don't need AWD, and your less likely to be involved in an accident in the first place (or to be able to avoid one) if your driving a car which is light and nimble compared to one that's slow and cumbersome. Enormous MPV's and minivans are a danger to other road users as they block viewpoints, take up unnessesary space and are usually driven by utter morons.

Luxury wise, the Japanese prestige cars have always been masters of the technology, and German marks such as Mercades and Bentley (well, VAG-era Bentley, the rest was beautiful but tripe) are still the most comfortable and luxurious to be in. Finally convenience. How convenient is a minvan to park compared to a normal car? You can't see out of them, they're unnessesarily big and any car which you have to clamber over row upon row of seats just got get a phone you dropped at the back is hardly convenient as far as I'm concerned. It's like trucks- people buy them because they think that they're safer or use them as an extension of their penis- "look at me, I've got a big truck so I must be a REAL man", when they really have no use for the additional space and no ability to handle the increased size and lack of manouverability.

Do your family need a car with three rows of seats? I only know af about three or four familes with the need for a car with more than 4 seats, and most of the larger families I know use MPV's and minivans as something of nessesity.
viper16 wrote:actually the ZZ572 came out 2-3 years ago
I doubt theres much new tech-wise!
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

mpv's ? :-s arent those them little things from mazda ? if your idea of a enormous vehicle is an mpv then ....... wow. i had to pick one out of my grill the other day
minivans are kind of small, people who drive trucks just to show the world that they can drive a truck are idiots and dont really know how to drive one. i can maneuver one around gravel roads pretty nicely though.
and yes we use the three rows quite often, when you have my mom,dad,brother,sister,and me plus 2 dogs you can easily fill the whole thing up.
i have never been in a accident before except small fender bumps so i couldn't really say anything about the safety our cars, but i did hit a deer with my dads truck once doing around 35-40 mph and not a single dent or anything the same deer would have done quite a bit of damage to my prelude
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

but euro cars arent ment for americans i sat in a mini and my head went thru the roof and im 6'4"
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

ROFL im 6'1" so im guessing id also be a little cramped, same goes with those ford festivas ........ damn those things are so small inside
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

darknight788 wrote: and yes we use the three rows quite often, when you have my mom,dad,brother,sister,and me plus 2 dogs you can easily fill the whole thing up.
i have never been in a accident before except small fender bumps so i couldn't really say anything about the safety our cars, but i did hit a deer with my dads truck once doing around 35-40 mph and not a single dent or anything the same deer would have done quite a bit of damage to my prelude
MPV = Multi Person Vehicle. Basically a (usually SUV sized) car with 6+ seats.

I hit a deer doing 50-odd driving a MK4 VW Polo. Killed the dear, car wasn't even scratched. It's the late 80's and early 90's cars I find that can survive anything- steel body pannels FTW!

I'm 6'3" and never had a single headroom height problem in the front of a European car. I've had a few in the backs of small French cars though.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

viper16 wrote:but euro cars arent ment for americans i sat in a mini and my head went thru the roof and im 6'4"
Aren't meant for Americans? When people say that, I always think of extremely narrow cars as some Americans grow faster horizontally than they do vertically.. :lol:

No BS-ing, but Americans aren't even the tallest in the world.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

im 16 and im 6'4 weigh 238 and caant fit in a festiva,smart,or a mini
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

ROFL some do grow more sideways :lol: :lol: :lol:
i dont like the feeling of being in a small car , my prelude is a small car i guess and thats why had a for sale sticker on it but since the prices at the pump are high im trying to prevent more casualties of benjamins
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

My dad and I test drove an '06 MX-5 once, and we went to the Saturn and Pontiac dealerships nearby to compare it to the Sky and Solstice, and even those look big compared to the MX-5. :lol: I like small cars - you don't just sit in them, you wear them. ;)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

PSZeTa wrote: No BS-ing, but Americans aren't even the tallest in the world.
Correct the Dutch are the tallest people on the globe :wink:
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Actually, theres an African tribe who are the tallest people on the globe.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

But in terms of large groups, not 1 small group of people, but he that's besides the point.

I can remember that alot of American cars did not get very high safety ratings here in europe while most european and Japanese cars (mainly Toyota) got the full 5 star rating.

Return to “The Cars”