NFS Carbon: Hex Editing [Tips & Tricks]

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
peeter90
Ricer
Ricer

Post by peeter90 »

Getting Darius' Audi is all about tuning slots. You buy a stock R8 and later change your tuning slot to 0C. It also has a negative effect: one unused tuning slot and if you customize this, it will also overwrite tuningslot 0C and the Audi in the custom section will also change. Currenty trying to find a different way to get a bonus car.
EDIT: Could somebody, who knows more about tuning slots can teach how it actually works. I tried this myself and managed to find a location for performance parts, but visual and body sections were much more confusing.
Attachments
r8.jpg
r8_2.jpg
Last edited by peeter90 on 12 Nov 2006, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Well it is just the look of the car that changes, not the tuning part. Any how who wants the car to look like that looser Darius car :wink:
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Damn, why didn't EA just give Darius's Audi different hex from the normal one, that would've been so much easier. And Ceano, I like Darius's cars outlook and I want it. :P
peeter90
Ricer
Ricer

Post by peeter90 »

Ceano wrote:Well it is just the look of the car that changes, not the tuning part. Any how who wants the car to look like that looser Darius car :wink:
Actually perfomace changes too. It also has nitrous installed in stock.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

peeter90 wrote:
Ceano wrote:Well it is just the look of the car that changes, not the tuning part. Any how who wants the car to look like that looser Darius car :wink:
Actually perfomace changes too. It also has nitrous installed in stock.
Darius car also has nitrous, it is Darius car you get but the visual look changes nothing else. Was the same way in MW to.
sasan50cent
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sasan50cent »

anyone knows Cross Corvette Hex Code?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Try CF82E522 CBCC497A
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

And remember, you have to have it unlocked first, otherwise it will stay as invisible. Unlock it via gameplay or with a trainer.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

i think the car's tuning slot works the same way as in MW. like that boss' audi, its tuning slot code is 0C+cdcdcd, so you buy a car, replacing its car code and its whole tuning block into other car, it will becomes that car... i will check it after i finish my HWs... :(
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

spectre01 wrote:i think the car's tuning slot works the same way as in MW. like that boss' audi, its tuning slot code is 0C+cdcdcd, so you buy a car, replacing its car code and its whole tuning block into other car, it will becomes that car... i will check it after i finish my HWs... :(
No i have looked in to this and if you do a search for 0CCDCDCD the program doesn't find anything :(
It looks like they have changed the code in some way, so the old MW style don't apply to Carbon.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

oh...

Ceano, you really should post that edited car list, the one you posted in page1 has many ???...
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

spectre01 wrote:oh...

Ceano, you really should post that edited car list, the one you posted in page1 has many ???...
OK i have located some more cars that was labeled with question marks (?) and some i have removed because the game crashed when i did add those to the car shop. If some one find any more cars let me know and i will add it to the list.

/Ceano.
edasx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by edasx »

if still in doubt u can dig out the data from the Global/Globalb.bun file - try searching there for EUROPA - or M3GTRCAREERSTART, u will find two places with a car definitions... maybe we could hack there something =) (at least u can put the correct ids and cars together there)
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

What tool did you use to open that GLOBALB.BUN?
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

Finalmaster2 wrote:What tool did you use to open that GLOBALB.BUN?
Hex editor
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

Ceano wrote:
spectre01 wrote:oh...

OK i have located some more cars that was labeled with question marks (?) and some i have removed because the game crashed when i did add those to the car shop. If some one find any more cars let me know and i will add it to the list.

/Ceano.
C4 05 3A F9 69 AD 7D F5 <<=PD1 Police Crusier

C4 05 3A F9 76 53 19 77 <<=DT1 Dump Truck

C4 05 3A F9 DA 9C A2 D0 <<=PD3 SUV K-9 Unit

C4 05 3A F9 2E 16 36 B3 <<=PD2 Police Vette Intercepter

C4 05 3A F9 A7 EE D9 AC <<=FD1 Fire Fighter Truck

I guess We Can Add The Boss Cars, Who ever finds them, can post
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

STAT-X wrote: The difference in those 2 sets of hexcode is probably some difference in performce, but I haven't checked that yet. (Like the M3 GTR in MW, it had 2 different sets of hexcodes, one was a faster version then the other)
Did the performance bars show higher on the faster car or did you have to drive it to find out the difference? Just wondering.

I have drove both Audi's they both have the same performance bars in garage.
sasan50cent
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sasan50cent »

Thanks to Ceano and Finalmaster2.
Hey Finalmaster2 i have completed the game and unlock all rewards;).
---------
I have try this code but nothing found by T-Search Hex Editor. ! :roll:
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

GodSpeed wrote:Did the performance bars show higher on the faster car or did you have to drive it to find out the difference? Just wondering.

STAT-X wrote: The difference in those 2 sets of hexcode is probably some difference in performce, but I haven't checked that yet. (Like the M3 GTR in MW, it had 2 different sets of hexcodes, one was a faster version then the other)
Wladylwk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wladylwk »

Hey guys , I am not so noob , but how do I actually install TSearch , cauz mine doesen't work :( !!! HELP !!!
sasan50cent
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sasan50cent »

How to get the the hex code of Career Garage Cars?
Becasue i have a savegame that have Cross Corvette in the garage.
Wladylwk
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wladylwk »

hehe , sry i had a TSearch that had 45 kb :P now it works the TSearch ! But i can't change the value !:(
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

GodSpeed wrote:
Did the performance bars show higher on the faster car or did you have to drive it to find out the difference? Just wondering.

It did show on the bars, there is no difference what so ever between the two Audi R8 in Carbon when it comes to top speed, acceleration and handling.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

peeter90 wrote:Getting Darius' Audi is all about tuning slots. You buy a stock R8 and later change your tuning slot to 0C. It also has a negative effect: one unused tuning slot and if you customize this, it will also overwrite tuningslot 0C and the Audi in the custom section will also change. Currenty trying to find a different way to get a bonus car.
EDIT: Could somebody, who knows more about tuning slots can teach how it actually works. I tried this myself and managed to find a location for performance parts, but visual and body sections were much more confusing.
As I see it, the suvefile works just liket the one of MW used to (don't have the game yet, so it is only what I can figure out of what I've read). So having that in mind, the procedures Cparty left us on how to have a bonus car in the carlot in mw shold work for Carbon aswell.

Download Cparty's guide from here http://www.nfs-center.de/forum/showthread.php?t=9223 . (the one called HexTutorial.rar) of course, the codes are not the same ones, but the way to use them is the same. Now here Cparty explined how to do the changes to the savefile via an editor like Hex-Workshop, for the which you should have a checksum fixer like we did for mw (I wonder if good ol' mw checksum editor works for carbon :roll: :wink: ) so intead, you should use TSerch, so all you need to do is modify the codes you have via Tsearch directly to the memory, instead of the savfile.

@Wladylwk: dowload this, it explains how to use tsearch (for mw, but it is the same thing).
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Koffy wrote:
peeter90 wrote:Getting Darius' Audi is all about tuning slots. You buy a stock R8 and later change your tuning slot to 0C. It also has a negative effect: one unused tuning slot and if you customize this, it will also overwrite tuningslot 0C and the Audi in the custom section will also change. Currenty trying to find a different way to get a bonus car.
As I see it, the suvefile works just liket the one of MW used to (don't have the game yet, so it is only what I can figure out of what I've read). So having that in mind, the procedures Cparty left us on how to have a bonus car in the carlot in mw shold work for Carbon aswell.

Download Cparty's guide from here http://www.nfs-center.de/forum/showthread.php?t=9223 . (the one called HexTutorial.rar) of course, the codes are not the same ones, but the way to use them is the same. Now here Cparty explined how to do the changes to the savefile via an editor like Hex-Workshop, for the which you should have a checksum fixer like we did for mw (I wonder if good ol' mw checksum editor works for carbon :roll: :wink: ) so intead, you should use TSerch, so all you need to do is modify the codes you have via Tsearch directly to the memory, instead of the savfile.

@Wladylwk: dowload this, it explains how to use tsearch (for mw, but it is the same thing).
Hi Koffy nice to see you ;)
as i did answer "spectre01" before when you you do a search for 0CCDCDCD (car tuning part) the program doesn't find anything :(
It looks like they have changed the code in some way, so the old MW style don't apply to Carbon. To add cars direct to the garage we need a check sum tool doesn't work with Hex-Workshop (have tried), so for now we have to stick to temporary add cars to the car shop so we can buy them then change the car shop back to original state.

Return to “Editing”