Post your day

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

evilmegamonkey wrote:Anyone want to try an FD challenge?
What type of challenge and what courses are you looking at?
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Its a challenge me and some friends are participating in

FD Challenge:
Lofty Heights Downhill Sprint[0 opponents]
RX-7 only, No NOS, No Speedbreaker

Try and beat 1:50:xx
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

i'll try it
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

evilmegamonkey wrote:Its a challenge me and some friends are participating in

FD Challenge:
Lofty Heights Downhill Sprint[0 opponents]
RX-7 only, No NOS, No Speedbreaker

Try and beat 1:50:xx
Sounds good to me. Though I get the feeling that we should all take this discussion to its own thread in the Competitions part of the forum. Would be nice to see something different from all the drift threads dedicated to single, specific cars from Carbon. :P

But I'm interested in trying it out.

Edit: I started a thread in the Competitions section of this forum. Got a time up on the leaderboard, though I'm not sure if you meant that I needed at least a 1:49, or could start reporting times if I got into the 1:50.xxx range. Anyhow, got my response to the challenge over there.

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=13552
Last edited by EcksOa on 21 Dec 2006, 15:31, edited 2 times in total.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Yo!

Thanks guys for your input. In last 2 days, I was unable to play Carbon! :|
I will see what I can do with NOS, like I said. The reason why I build setups and test without NOS is because in the Competitions I usually attend, NOS is not allowed.

I was also checking the Leaderboards, in order to see what Tracks I would go for first, and I saw some times with people using Corvette, that honestly, sound a little bogus. I hope I am wrong, and Corvette really allows fantastic times (I can do 53s in Silk Road or 36s in Main Street without NOS for instance), but some of those times really seem a little "pushy". And since there is that damn 2nd Cop Corvette (the one you can only have by Hex Editing the File) that has the insane acceleration together with insade handling, I am not exactly sure if the info inside the shadows denotes the difference.
Also, there is the unlimited NOS, which can probably checked inside the shadow file. The thing is, Corvette + Unlimited NOS + Wallride = insane performance.
It's because of this, that most known competitions usually forbid NOS! :P

Cya guys! And if we dont exchange posts in the next couple of days, a Great and Happy Christmas to you and your Families! ;)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Undoubtedly there are cheated shadows on the leaderboards. We're putting a cheat reporting system in place soon so people have a way to easily report suspected cheating. This way, the community can help with the moderating.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

i have noticed some "wall riding" particularly with hairpin/180 degree corners. although i have said that the shadows are not perfect, it still manages to give the location (if not direction) of the car fairly acurately and from that i can notice when a car shadow tends to hug the outer wall during the above mentioned corners. having said that i cant be certain that they are wall riding or not as from the inaccuracies of the shadows. you can be driving very close to the walls for instance while not touching them at all but the saved shadow may still show it up as a wall scrape or wateva. but i think it is very likely that when im taking a tight line in a haripin and a shadow is able to ride along the outer wall and still keep up or even be faster than me on the exit then perhaps they may be "wall riding" it. but i cant really say if they are using unlimited nos or anyhting of that nature so that's all i can really say about it.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

VG_Speed wrote:Yo!

Thanks guys for your input. In last 2 days, I was unable to play Carbon! :|
I will see what I can do with NOS, like I said. The reason why I build setups and test without NOS is because in the Competitions I usually attend, NOS is not allowed.
I don't blame that preference one bit. You could be hitting good racing lines, and have someone with lots of NOS slamming their way around to first place because they can rely on their car's superior acceleration and NOS to speed their way out of bad driving tactics. But I guess it can't be all bad if it's working for them. :P It's just a very unorthodox way of taking away someone's preferred lines.

I do like NOS when racing against superior cars in some cases though. Say you have a Lancer going up against an Audi on a Canyon sprint. If the guy crashes hard enough, and you can use a bit of NOS to put some distance, then hopefully, you can put yourself in a position where he's not using you as a guardrail on subsequent corners.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

93360 wrote:i have noticed some "wall riding" particularly with hairpin/180 degree corners. although i have said that the shadows are not perfect, it still manages to give the location (if not direction) of the car fairly acurately and from that i can notice when a car shadow tends to hug the outer wall during the above mentioned corners. having said that i cant be certain that they are wall riding or not as from the inaccuracies of the shadows. you can be driving very close to the walls for instance while not touching them at all but the saved shadow may still show it up as a wall scrape or wateva. but i think it is very likely that when im taking a tight line in a haripin and a shadow is able to ride along the outer wall and still keep up or even be faster than me on the exit then perhaps they may be "wall riding" it. but i cant really say if they are using unlimited nos or anyhting of that nature so that's all i can really say about it.
I know with some of my non-nitrous Copper Ridge runs with the 240, there's that mid speed bridge turn where I tried to max out my speed and line. Basically trying to get as close as I could to the outside, to see if I could brake less and conserve more speed. I thought I was getting as close as I could without actually wall riding. I'm sure I must have scraped some. But figured anything significant would have knocked me off the line I wanted going into the next hairpin and slowed my speed down significantly.

Then again, I never really played with wall scraping. I just figured the only way to not lose speed hitting the walls with anything more than a minor tap is to hit the NOS.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

VG_Speed wrote:And since there is that damn 2nd Cop Corvette (the one you can only have by Hex Editing the File) that has the insane acceleration together with insade handling..
Good point. I'll see if we can find a way to identify these hacked cars so we can bar them from being uploaded. Gonna need a list of the cars that shouldn't be allowed, if anyone can oblige.
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Hi!

You can always ask for Video confirmation. Fraps works even on low end machines (by today's standards) quite well.

If they refuse a video, well... Devil's Creek Pass and Agostini Avenue would be among my first choices! :D

Cya! Again! ;P
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

VG_Speed wrote:And since there is that damn 2nd Cop Corvette (the one you can only have by Hex Editing the File) that has the insane acceleration together with insade handling
there's a 2nd cop corvette? is it the sgt cross version? coz the normal white corvette doesnt really have all that great handling lol, so im guessing this 2nd corvette has even better handling than the audi or something?
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

93360 wrote:
VG_Speed wrote:And since there is that damn 2nd Cop Corvette (the one you can only have by Hex Editing the File) that has the insane acceleration together with insade handling
there's a 2nd cop corvette? is it the sgt cross version? coz the normal white corvette doesnt really have all that great handling lol, so im guessing this 2nd corvette has even better handling than the audi or something?
I think this is the one from tier 3 Pursuit Tag. For a Corvette, the thing does turn pretty easily. Online, I've played against guys using one of the Cop Corvettes that had all the stats set extremely low, yet the actual in-game performance was not bad at all.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

VG_Speed wrote:You can always ask for Video confirmation.
That would really detract from the relative ease with which people can upload to the boards at the moment - they'd have to record each run both as a shadow and in Fraps, just in case they were asked for video confirmation.

I'm fairly certain that each version of a car is uniquely identified, so it should be a simple matter to bar any car that isn't directly available via regular gameplay. By the same token, we can also easily identify any shadows that are already uploaded using these cars and take them down.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

ah yeah i found that 2nd cop corvette, it looks exactly the same as the normal white one except its stats are like all at the lowest level. but in actual fact its both very fast and very responsive in handling, so exceedingly easy to drive that i eclipsed my copper ridge time in the audi by more than a second after only 2 attempts with it.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Pretty sure that vette is Tier 2 also - I've run a few T2 races where a guy is racing one - could never work out how he got it until now, since the Custom Cop Corvette is Tier 3.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

woah i didnt notice that till you mentioned it, but yeah you're absolutely right about it being a tier 2 car o.O

(Inline image moved to attachment)

i also figured out that there is a difference in the shadow files when you use this cop corvette. it shows up as "BCop Corvette Z06 ¢7|ÿÿÿÿ¸4|Û4|H ø4|H" whereas the other corvettes (including the stock, normal white cop and sgt cross's corvettes) all show up as "BChevrolet Corvette Z06 ÿ¸4|Û4|H ø4|H".

edit: also when using either of the 2 white cop corvettes (normal and uber-crazy version) the shadow will portray that of the cop variant of the corvette with the cop rear wing, lights (i thinkso, if you look carefully) and also the crash model as well (when its been hugging walls for eg).
Attachments
cop_corvette_z06.jpg
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

GT3x24x7 wrote:
VG_Speed wrote:You can always ask for Video confirmation.
That would really detract from the relative ease with which people can upload to the boards at the moment - they'd have to record each run both as a shadow and in Fraps, just in case they were asked for video confirmation.

I'm fairly certain that each version of a car is uniquely identified, so it should be a simple matter to bar any car that isn't directly available via regular gameplay. By the same token, we can also easily identify any shadows that are already uploaded using these cars and take them down.
Yo mate!

In was not saying to force the record of a Video always! :P Just that you guys would reserve the right to ask for a video. It doesnt need to be the video from the run itself, when you manage to do 1m 10s in a track, for instance, do 1m 10.5s is quite easy, and it would not take long for them to do it and send it as proof.

The video is not 100%, but at least the use of the Cop Corvette or Unlimited NOS and similar stuff, would be covered. But for instance, you can change performance parts in Audi (I think), and that you cant see in the Video, at least not at 1st glance.

Cya! ;)
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Yo!

Now we have a CCX beating Sprint Canyons? :P I think YamahaATV and someperson should be enquired! :P I just dont say more because I still dont know what is possible to do, although the best time I saw so far in Knife's Edge was 1m 02.6s in Audi, and I just dont believe CCX can get even close...

NOS use is almost for certain available inside Shadow. The question is where...

Cya all! ;)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

A report shadow feature is coming soon.
After a certain date (which will be published) uploading shadows that are found to be made using any cheats will result in termination of user's account and ip banning.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

VG_Speed wrote:Now we have a CCX beating Sprint Canyons? I think YamahaATV and someperson should be enquired!
From the Carbon Leaderboards topic:
YamahaATV wrote:Actually, for canyon tracks you should try using the koenigsegg ccx, it is a very easy car to control with speedbreaker even though it doesn't quite have the speed of the audi or the vette. oops, I just gave away my secret!

I enjoy using it because it sounds and looks better to me than the audi or vette :lol:
As we've seen with speedtraps and now canyon sprints, clean driving and great lines aren't necessarily the route to the fastest times.

Let's please move leaderboards discussion to that topic and return this one to the purposes it was intended.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

Jumped up two OXP levels. Wasted a lot of online time as well, threw a bunch of races to guys that were at really low OXP levels. For some odd reason, if I'm not racing well, I'd rather not take a win. Take a bunch of races to warm up and really get into things for me.

All the practice on that FD challenge discussed a bit earlier in this thread helped with a bunch of unranked Canyon Duels I did on Lofty Heights.

Ran across some freakishly fast Evo drivers online. Nice to see some guys stick with it. A bit surprising to see them beat out some decent Audis on sprints that don't have a whole lot of low speed cornering.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Beat Wolf and Angie. Backstabbed by Darius, then game crashed.

I found boss races to be ridiculously easy. I passed them in the first round each time.....
VG_Speed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by VG_Speed »

Yo guys!

I am almost leaving for my Home Town for Christmas, but got some time, so I took Mazda3 for a run in Copper Ridge Sprint, this time with NOS.
I must say I am quite surprised! I did 1m 10.88s! ^^ It's quite close to what is possible, at least with me at the wheel and my setup, maybe 0.1-0.2s better can be done.
So, not far from the 1m 10.7s 93360 did with the 240sx! :P

About the CCX and YamahaATV, well I never thought they were using Speedbreak... OMG! LOL

Cya all and have a Great Christmas! ;)
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

hehe spoke too soon VG_Speed, new time of 1:09.95 in the 240sx with GT's setup =)

and i think i might just leave it at that actually... i found that with tuning the 240sx, it gets a little weird. when i tune for full oversteer, it gave me more understeer than before.... i tried some other adjustments here and there but the little advantages it gave me were outdone by the increase in difficulty to drive the car consistently. basically speaking, GT's setup pwns.

edit: VG_Speed post up your 1:10.88 in the mazda3 onto the leaderboards when you can

Return to “Carbon”