NFS Pro Street, for real ?

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

xturbo wrote:WTF?!
The system requirements are "scaled down" from" carbon?!? omg...
Hey, and I figured out that license saying "Pro Street"...some credits? :lol:

Well..now its a good time to talk..
I DONT LIKE HOW THIS IS GOING...
My NFS-sense is telling me that this is going to be very critizided in the way how the game "evolved" or changed it course. Where are the police chases?* Where is the nice tunning?** Where is SPECIALLY the FREEROAM***, having a cool detailed gfx****...why not taking advantage of that and doing a nic designed city this time?***** uh?

This is for sure a game that is somehow "designed for a selected group of players"..LOTS of simulation details is going to somehow kill the streetracing factor mates.+

And I can't believe that they are going to have MAYBE a "few" ammount of cars++...what a shame for the exotics lovers...and what's going on with muscle lovers?..maybe us (tuners) are saved, because we will have this time MAYBE the skyline, Evo X (who knows...), RX-8 (I'm praying), hondas, etc...but what happens with the other 2 groups?+++

Well, I also understand the idea of the closed circuit game, maybe is a more difficult game because it's going to tend to apply more technique factor to the races++++...and for the player who wants just race, evading cops, choppers, suv's etc?..+++++

I need to see more in order to continue...

Xturbo.
Dude, I love the game you are describing. Can't understand how you hate it, maybe you love the Lego-racer games as Summ used to say :D

First of all, I want to say that we know nothing about this new game, so all we do is to speculate ;) then:

* we don't know if there will be police chases, although it has been said that there will be cops, they will even "own" one of the world territories...

** the teaser shows us a magnific tuned mazda rx-7. I hope they finally got rid of the crappy, ricing parts like outrageus body kits, pink neons and macroscopic spoilers/roofscapes. Where is the tuning? --> Check the teaser again, that is not a stock car.

*** free roam is cool at first, but not necessary at all. Look at nfsu1 and nfsu2, the first one was a way better game and it hadn't the free roam feature. Or think of the classic nfs games. The important thing is that the tracks were nice (shapes, environment, details...) there was a poll, and the users took nfshp2 as the winner about the tracks quality ;) Sure I want free roaming, but I definitely prefer good tracks.

**** cool details? dude, check the teaser again!

***** we don't know how the city is yet.

+ the simulation doesn't kill anything. The extreme arcade does. It's not nice to get 0-60mph in 1 second, or having to crash at every wall to get a powermagicslide if you want to win the race!! Anyway, I am 99% sure this won't be a simulator, but a tdu-like game. Unrealistic, but not ridiculous physics.

++ there won't be a few, but 28 makes of cars. That means, at least there will be 28 cars. That's the worst case. If they put 2-3 from each manufacturer, there will be 50-80 high detailed cars. real sounds like in previous titles, realistic handling... Not bad!

+++ once again we know practically nothing about the real car list. It was said there will be 8 exotics, which are pretty enough if we are talking about a street-racing game like Underground series.

++++ you think that is a bad thing? :shock:

+++++ you will race as much as you want to. And there will probably be cop chases, choppers, etc.

I think this game will be some sort of Undergeound 3, the same way Most Wanted was actually a Hot Pursuit 3, it's just that they used another name.

A single game can't have "everything", because then it would never be a great game. If you like exotics, they may make some kind of exotic nfs in the future and then I bet you wouldn't like to have loads of tuners or regular muscles. They would totally spoil a exotics game! and viceversa.

As you surely noticed, Im hyped up about pro street :P if the final game will be another piece of shiznit, who knows, only time will tell.

P.S.Sorry for the English, haven't practiced for months lol.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

baadmw wrote:
Python_S wrote:
TheNoobofFerraris wrote:- The game will be much more real.

- No categories in races ( i mean 70 hp car can race 400 hp car).

Just racing or beating? I hope this doesn't mean we are back to a Honda topping out a AAA Class Ferrari.

A built Civic + the right turbo will be able to rape a stock Ferrari with no problems...(real life)
oh yeah? show us a civic (that is capable of being used every day, of course) that can beat a, let's say a 360 modena.
sry for the offtopic...

anyway, i think the cloesed circuit racing seems ok. if the tracks are designed well, i bet it's alot more fun than the horribly dull city of carbon. i wouldn't mind if the game is going abit more in the gt/forza direction (i understand nfs is not a sim franchise, but i just hated the physics of carbon). oh, and please god, make them get rid of the drifting, if ít's going to be the same as in carbon... U1 and U2 drifting was alot more fun.
Here in Cyprus we have Civic and Integras over 500hp working perfectly
The best one i saw til now is one with B18C engine and it has 670PS with the help of if i remember correctly, a Garett GT35 OR GT4O . and og course with the right changes in fuel,ecu ,transmision and engine. And it steer perfectly with the TEIN suspensions it has and with the big endless brakes. So you still doubt about civics can beat ferraris?
Maverick2K4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Maverick2K4 »

I agree with EvoMaster. Cyprus has an enormous amount of tuners. Everywhere I went when I was there for the summer, I saw at least 10 Japanese cars. I have friend who had a 400whp EVO 8. That thing was fast. The only thing you could do when he accelerated was stick to your seat, or else you were thrown into it with no mercy.
RDC-Enemy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by RDC-Enemy »

SP4RCO wrote:* we don't know if there will be police chases, although it has been said that there will be cops, they will even "own" one of the world territories...
Your argument is based on the wishlist-post about the so called NFS Legacy Beach, the dreamed up fantasy of a EA.com-forum user.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

SP4RCO wrote: Dude, I love the game you are describing. Can't understand how you hate it, maybe you love the Lego-racer games as Summ used to say :D

First of all, I want to say that we know nothing about this new game, so all we do is to speculate ;) then:

* we don't know if there will be police chases, although it has been said that there will be cops, they will even "own" one of the world territories...

** the teaser shows us a magnific tuned mazda rx-7. I hope they finally got rid of the crappy, ricing parts like outrageus body kits, pink neons and macroscopic spoilers/roofscapes. Where is the tuning? --> Check the teaser again, that is not a stock car.

*** free roam is cool at first, but not necessary at all. Look at nfsu1 and nfsu2, the first one was a way better game and it hadn't the free roam feature. Or think of the classic nfs games. The important thing is that the tracks were nice (shapes, environment, details...) there was a poll, and the users took nfshp2 as the winner about the tracks quality ;) Sure I want free roaming, but I definitely prefer good tracks.

**** cool details? dude, check the teaser again!

***** we don't know how the city is yet.

+ the simulation doesn't kill anything. The extreme arcade does. It's not nice to get 0-60mph in 1 second, or having to crash at every wall to get a powermagicslide if you want to win the race!! Anyway, I am 99% sure this won't be a simulator, but a tdu-like game. Unrealistic, but not ridiculous physics.

++ there won't be a few, but 28 makes of cars. That means, at least there will be 28 cars. That's the worst case. If they put 2-3 from each manufacturer, there will be 50-80 high detailed cars. real sounds like in previous titles, realistic handling... Not bad!

+++ once again we know practically nothing about the real car list. It was said there will be 8 exotics, which are pretty enough if we are talking about a street-racing game like Underground series.

++++ you think that is a bad thing? :shock:

+++++ you will race as much as you want to. And there will probably be cop chases, choppers, etc.

I think this game will be some sort of Undergeound 3, the same way Most Wanted was actually a Hot Pursuit 3, it's just that they used another name.

A single game can't have "everything", because then it would never be a great game. If you like exotics, they may make some kind of exotic nfs in the future and then I bet you wouldn't like to have loads of tuners or regular muscles. They would totally spoil a exotics game! and viceversa.

As you surely noticed, Im hyped up about pro street :P if the final game will be another piece of shiznit, who knows, only time will tell.

P.S.Sorry for the English, haven't practiced for months lol.
Excellent critic mater. Excellent. Long time that I don't see a guy answering a excellent commentary.
Ok, let's start.:

The first thing is I DON'T HATE this game. I'm getting excited too about whats coming, but something about the change is not giving me good...emm..how to call it...well.."vibrations to my nfs-sense". I started playing the first first nfs game, then nfs2, nfs3... and so on. I know what things are special in each of the nfs games.

I'm really glad that nfs can turn the page finally and look to other views, maybe it's that I'm not asuming this change, and that's why I feel strange with all this. Maybe I get used to the arcade thing in Underground series, MW and Carbon...maybe is that. But it's not a bad idea to get the old stuff mixing it with the new stuff here.

Oh, and sorry...yup...amazing gfx details...not "cool"...:lol:...but it's just a teaser...you know what happened with MW teaser with all those amazing videos, screenshots,etc..all those were lil bit fake and rendered as well.

And about the technique in circuits..well..it's a bad thing for the new-players of nfs because that can't attract the casual player that just want to have a race and win. But for me it's amazing because it forces you to have more determination to take a curve or just shift gears and under pressure of the other racers.

It would be awesome to have the more deep tuning, but not a necessary thing to advance trough the game, like underground series. If you want to put neons, audio equipment, just take it, if not, not. Simple....none forces you to accept it.
I love the tunning on that RX-7, even if i'm not a fan of that car...but it's great and reminds me a looooooot to Formula-D cars.

Finally, I just want an ARCADE-mode. Sometimes is necessary for you to take a break of all the sim side. Repairs, adjustements...damn..sometimes it stress you. Sometimes you want to see cars flying, tons of cars chasing you, the fun factor...idk if you get that :lol:

My conclusion: I really need to see more to judge finally this game. But as far as can I see, it's going to be a cool game for me, because I'll buy it anyways...as always :lol:

That was it.
Thanks for the response SP4RCO
Oh, and yes, I know that Spain has more holidays than us...damn..lucky..but we have also our niiiice days :wink:

Peace!

Xturbo.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Ok, I don't remember any "fake" or touched-up videos of MW. However, I do remember when we got some of the pictures (about halfway), some of the looked incredibly amazing and in the end, the graphics engine was never that great (still good though).
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

A friend of mine has read the article, and mentioned these things:

- the designers hired someone from the University of Vancouver to help make the crashes more realistic
- vehicle chassis can be dented and windshields can be broken
- damage affects vehicle performance
- wheels can break off and go rolling away
- damage is to add to the "emotion" to the game, not detract from the gameplay
- things like what type of hood you use will affect airflow over the car and affect the engine temperature, acceleration, and speed
- cars can be put in wind-tunnels for aerodynamic testing
- 90 areas to modify your car, 30 configurations, and over 1,000 parts
- 28 makes of cars; eight supercars (too expensive, and not many people in the real world own them)
- four race types: Circuit on closed tracks; drifting (you can drift with a partner, and the closer you stick together the more points you get); Speed Challenge (hit the highest speed on a section of track, and going around corners while not losing much speed); drag-racing (the writers didn't see it, but it works differently than before)
- some cars can be purchased with money, while others can only acquired through "Achievements" (not sure about this)
- there will be a "realistic" mode where you can turn off all assists and drive in an "ultra-realistic" fashion
- cars look very realistic, not like "neon-plastic"
- PC version will be the same as the "next-gen" console versions
- they put a lot of effort into making realistic-looking smoke ("apparently it's quite realistic")
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

BGam-3R wrote: - PC version will be the same as the "next-gen" console versions
- they put a lot of effort into making realistic-looking smoke ("apparently it's quite realistic")
means maybe exigent requirements...but the minimum specified in the magazine were pretty low compared to Carbon one's...

And yeah..realistic mode...nice...
NFS now is a SIMULATOR rather than arcade...hehehe nice
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Good stuff, hopefully its right though.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

BGam-3R wrote:eight supercars (too expensive, and not many people in the real world own them)
That was the whole freakin' point of NFS!

Other than that, sounds decent...nothing special. I won't get too excited until I actually have the game in my hands.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

2furio wrote:Ok, I don't remember any "fake" or touched-up videos of MW.
The very first promo video for Most Wanted was nothing like what the game ended up as. It was a concept video and this might be as well.

But everything looks amazing. Even if half the ideas that EA has now make it into the final game, it should still be an interesting game. Maybe not the best NFS, but maybe not the worst either.
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

The new NFS title is NFS PRO-STREET.

And they don't giving us the street but the circuits :(
no free roaming!!? :cry:
drifting because articles says that the game will be much realistic... so drifting would be too eh!? :shock:
I want to see when my car's wheels go rolling over somewhere on a 200mph and my cars go straight somewhere without my wheels that would be cool effect I'll screen it or video it. :roll:
would there be a PIT!! :)
drifting like in farmula D :evil: sucks for me... it's only good for real life not on screen
tavaski
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tavaski »

We'll never get the perfect NFS game... at least for now. If EA were to make all our dreams come true then it will be the end of the NFS franchise, we'll have everything that we want in the game and EA won't have to make another NFS game which is one of their main money maker. I know EA can grant all our wishes but the video game industry is a money making thing, however, we will get great NFS games in the future but I am certain that we'll not be 100% satisfied
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

I am constantly hitting myself in the head everytime I see someone posting about the lack of roaming and exotic cars. Have you guys not gotten a clue that this is going to be a closed circuit professional racing genre? Have you not noticed that this is clearly not illegal street racing? Why are you even expecting cops? Could you people stop looking at this game to be your "dream" NFS (to tell you the truth, most of you are asking for the ultimate ricer game [read: stupid as hell]), EA is the developer of the game, if they want to take a different approach, then so be it. I honestly think this forum needs a little tightening.
Morniemacar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Morniemacar »

No more illegal street racing? only 4 exotics? what happened with the exotic racing spirit of the older NFS games??? and no more cops??? damn this nfs sounds like a crappy version of gran turismo ¬¬ (GT is a great game but i always preffered the NFS)

@Ravengt: the older nfs games have exotics and cops and them dont was for only " ricing"
keanhong
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keanhong »

Morniemacar wrote:No more illegal street racing? only 4 exotics? what happened with the exotic racing spirit of the older NFS games??? and no more cops??? damn this nfs sounds like a crappy version of gran turismo ¬¬ (GT is a great game but i always preffered the NFS)
even i found a racer wearing helmet racing around, driving Audi RS4....

when NFS change from Hot Pursuit to Underground style.. we all can accept it...
i think right now maybe is the change of NFS to a new era(although i still prefer Underground style.. lol)
Morniemacar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Morniemacar »

keanhong wrote:
Morniemacar wrote:No more illegal street racing? only 4 exotics? what happened with the exotic racing spirit of the older NFS games??? and no more cops??? damn this nfs sounds like a crappy version of gran turismo ¬¬ (GT is a great game but i always preffered the NFS)
even i found a racer wearing helmet racing around, driving Audi RS4....

when NFS change from Hot Pursuit to Underground style.. we all can accept it...
i think right now maybe is the change of NFS to a new era(although i still prefer Underground style.. lol)

lol i preffer a mixture of the old hot pursuit style with a touch of the Underground style, :lol:
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

@ Morniemacar: only 4 exotics?
I thought there were 8?
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
XeqtR
Stock
Stock

reat this

Post by XeqtR »

EA inside lick infoman wrote:

developed by EA SPORT instead of EA BLACK BOX and the name will probebly be NFS 'Pro Street'

- the designers hired someone from the University of Vancouver to help make the crashes more realistic
- vehicle chassis can be dented and windshields can be broken
- damage affects vehicle performance
- wheels can break off and go rolling away
- damage is to add to the "emotion" to the game, not detract from the gameplay
- things like what type of hood you use will affect airflow over the car and affect the engine temperature, acceleration, and speed
- cars can be put in wind-tunnels for aerodynamic testing
- 90 areas to modify your car, 30 configurations, and over 1,000 parts
- 28 makes of cars; eight supercars (too expensive, and not many people in the real world own them)
- four race types: Circuit on closed tracks; drifting (you can drift with a partner, and the closer you stick together the more points you get); Speed Challenge (hit the highest speed on a section of track, and going around corners while not losing much speed); drag-racing (the writers didn't see it, but it works differently than before)
- some cars can be purchased with money, while others can only acquired through "Achievements" (not sure about this)
- there will be a "realistic"; mode where you can turn off all assists and drive in an "ultra-realistic" fashion
- cars look very realistic, not like "neon-plastic"
- PC version will be the same as the "next-gen" console versions
SerbaNG88
Stock
Stock

Post by SerbaNG88 »

I don`t get it...what`s going to happen on 31st ? They are going to laungh the game? That`s kind of impossibile. I don`t think a game can be launched without no one to know about it. Or are they going to announce the game? That`s kind of stupid. They anounce the date they are going to announce the game?! Either way, it makes no sence...
NRTxMi-5
Stock
Stock

Post by NRTxMi-5 »

what's about the car list?
are Impreza in?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

If I'm not mistaken, the 31st is when the EA games convention is (replacing E3). Maybe they'll officially announce the game with teaser gameplay. It's EA; who knows what they'll do.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

prince1142003 wrote: The very first promo video for Most Wanted was nothing like what the game ended up as. It was a concept video and this might be as well.
You mean that CGI video where the BMW M3 and the Mazda RX-8 were being chased by the Rhino SUVs and the Corvette police cars? It was obvious that was CGI, it's also the intro movie to MW. Every NFS game (except UG2) had a CGI intro movie...which is not a representation of the real game.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

No, there was a promo video with a Porsche being chased by cops on a highway. It was even older than the BMW and the Mazda. And yes, it was obviously CGI, and there's also a chance this might be as well.
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

Yes , i remember that one , it's in the bonus DVD of black edition as well, but from what i've seen , i really believe that the Rx7 in the beginning of the teaser is actualy in-game footage , not CGI , look at the car model , that's obviously low-poly model, also I dont think that magazine is crazy enough to post a bunch of CGI shot istead of any real screenshot. So i guess the Rx7 is in game , those scans are in-game screenshot , except the last part of the teaser, that one is CGI. Anyway , just my guess ;)

Return to “News”