NFSU2 Demo Finally Here!

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
MR200SX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MR200SX »

OK I HAVE DOWN LOADED THE DEMO AND IT SAYS I NEED DIRECTX 9.0C OR HIGHER TO PLAY IT I HAVE DOWNLOAD DIRECTX 9.0C AND IT SAYS.. THE SOFTWARE U R INSTALING HAS NOT PASSED WINDOWS LOGO TESTING TO VERIFY ITS COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS XP

I NEED HELP BADLY I WANT THE DEMOM SUMONE HELP ME I HAVE TRYED DOWNLOADING DIRECTX 9.0C 5 TIMES PLEASE HELP :cry: :cry: :cry: :(
Ragotech
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ragotech »

hey MR200SX try to check all the tests that is in the directx frist .
MyYellow240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MyYellow240 »

MR, try going here and following the instructions.
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by MikeFarrar »

w00t i managed to download it, and it took 2 hours! :lol: But it was well worth it! And for the people who get the the error while installing it (Something to do with a readme file) this is what i did to fix it.

Create a new folder named "Need for Speed Underground 2 Demo" or somethin similar in the EA Games folder on your C: Drive.

Run the nfsu2_Demo.exe you should NOT be installing the game but just unzipping some of the contents. Unzip it to the new folder u made.

Open the compressed.zip file in your new folder and unzip all the contents, and VOILA u've installed it :)

~Mike
XxAmadaeusxX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XxAmadaeusxX »

this game is so awesome. I came up with the best screenshot of the demo. btw, hydraulics are the keys H and J, look them up in the Options-->Controls menu, and scroll down and you should see them. anyways here a pic of me doing a wheelie. woot!!
Attachments
NFSU2 wheelie.JPG
(121.08 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Simon600 wrote:I don't think EA really cares how good it is as long as it beats the compation and makes alot of money from hype. :(
No shiznit Sherlock ...
Sadly this game is everything I feared it would be ... the environment is too irregular and full of curves. What is this? Montecarlo? No way to get up speed unless you're on the highway. Cars are no longer baloons, but rather seem made of concrete, the way they are heavy on the street. Yet they can jump like frogs on their hydraulics ...
The bodykits are every bit as ugly as expected, even with full detail. The rims are better than expected, though still nowhere near a match with Juiced details. Motion blur is sort of lame in this game, not at all reflecting the G's as in the first game, nor giving that sense of roaring wilderness and raw power Juiced transmits. Damage = nonexistant. They said we'd have graphical damage at least .. I've crashed into any- and everything and really .. not a scratch. Hmm ... let me see, what do I miss? Gameplay ... the handling is .. crappy imo. The car doesn't drift, it oversteers and powerslides. Like I said earlier, it's heavy as firetruck itself. The free roam has no cruise control and as such I fear all my predictions about lame children playing crash games online are WELL FOUNDED. I like the way it works with the "step into an area - get into the competition". But apart from that, I prefered NFSU1 and fixed tracks to this. I agree the outrun mode is fun, while I find the idea behind drifting downhill (which actually is powersliding) a bit much. But then again ... this is a spiced up lego racers, so what could you expect? Lastly the NOS lost when hitting traffic and gained with slides .. really pisses me off.
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

yea i had it in like 30 minutes 8) 8)
great graphics, i must say. can't wait for teh full version 8)
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

15 minutes to go, I'll hope this version work!
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

i used 3dgamers mirror

@dman: where did you find the special shop to unlock hydros?
XxAmadaeusxX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XxAmadaeusxX »

you don't need to unlock hydros. they are already on your car.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Sadly, the 350Z is the demo car :( , i wanted the EVO
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

People, it's really difficult to go to the options menu and fit the controls to your taste! So just facking go there, and don't act stupid. :P

And the demo runs like crap here.. If I turn the resolution down, everything will be blocky. :lol:
MyYellow240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MyYellow240 »

Summ wrote:<snip> I find the idea behind drifting downhill (which actually is powersliding) a bit much.
In thir defence, Downhill drift has been around for years, but EA have executed it poorly. I preferred the downhill drift mode in Initial D Mountain Vengence :P

However, I do agree with everything else you said.

@PSZeta: I found that on 800x600, with car detail on high, and anti-aliasing at 3/4 the graphics look ok. Maybe that will help you.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

Hmm..I keep pressing H/J, but nothing happens..:( And Amadeus, how did you color you rims?
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

XxAmadaeusxX wrote:you don't need to unlock hydros. they are already on your car.
i was pressing h/j and nothing happened. i found a special shop and it's all locked there....also the hydro.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I found out jemc. You first need to stop, and then press -> or <- adn then h or J. Try!
keiri
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keiri »

Also Up or down arrow and then h or j.

Keiri
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

yea i made it 2 8)
Attachments
hydro.jpg
making 360's with hydro pump lol
(140.38 KiB) Downloaded 4968 times
Boofster
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Boofster »

Summ wrote: No s**t Sherlock ...
Sadly this game is everything I feared it would be ... the environment is too irregular and full of curves. What is this? Montecarlo? No way to get up speed unless you're on the highway. Cars are no longer baloons, but rather seem made of concrete, the way they are heavy on the street. Yet they can jump like frogs on their hydraulics ...
The bodykits are every bit as ugly as expected, even with full detail. The rims are better than expected, though still nowhere near a match with Juiced details. Motion blur is sort of lame in this game, not at all reflecting the G's as in the first game, nor giving that sense of roaring wilderness and raw power Juiced transmits. Damage = nonexistant. They said we'd have graphical damage at least .. I've crashed into any- and everything and really .. not a scratch. Hmm ... let me see, what do I miss? Gameplay ... the handling is .. crappy imo. The car doesn't drift, it oversteers and powerslides. Like I said earlier, it's heavy as f*** itself. The free roam has no cruise control and as such I fear all my predictions about lame children playing crash games online are WELL FOUNDED. I like the way it works with the "step into an area - get into the competition". But apart from that, I prefered NFSU1 and fixed tracks to this. I agree the outrun mode is fun, while I find the idea behind drifting downhill (which actually is powersliding) a bit much. But then again ... this is a spiced up lego racers, so what could you expect? Lastly the NOS lost when hitting traffic and gained with slides .. really pisses me off.
I completely agree with every single point Summ made. Thinking about cancelling my pre-order....

Hydro's are stupid but if you must, you have to hold the hydro button and push left or right. It feels funny because you kinda have to preload it. The second hydro button just works by holding it then pushing gas or brake.
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

The above pic is on low quality right, cuz theres no reflection and i can't see through the windows anyway mu download is now at 68% with 1 hr and 10mins to go
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

samurilos wrote:The above pic is on low quality right, cuz theres no reflection and i can't see through the windows anyway mu download is now at 68% with 1 hr and 10mins to go
middle detail on a computer with graphic card that's bunch of c**p. but it's cool...as long as I can race 8)
keiri
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keiri »

Hyraulics maybe stupid but you DONT have to install them...Also, you have to take into aaccount that Beacon Hills is the windy section of town; the devs. even said so. For you to fly off the handle about not feeling "fast" it might be the aspect of reality creeping into the game...the same realism that was lacking in UG1. I'd wait until reviews of the game came out before buying it but I wouldn't take the demo as the be all and end all of the game...

Just my 2 cents...

Keiri
MyYellow240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MyYellow240 »

keiri wrote: it might be the aspect of reality creeping into the game...
Are you off yer trolley or what?
keiri
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keiri »

LMAO...

...not really but NFSU2 seems to be trying to gain some sembalance of reality even through it's still arcadey. I'm trying to point out that it may feel slower right now but realize there are 4 more sections of town; each one with it's own feeling and style.

Keiri
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

another pic from me

Return to “News”