NFSU2 Demo Finally Here!

Need for Speed Underground 2 News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Simon600
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Simon600 »

hey look what i found
Attachments
the specialty shop.JPG
(51.17 KiB) Downloaded 4721 times
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

WTF the 1st thing I thought when saw that is: "LOL a graphics card bug".

Then looking closely I realized that it is the hood. Weird!
Fractiondj
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Fractiondj »

I HAVE A PROBLEM !!
I HAVE DONWLOADED THE DEMO, AND, WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL IT, IT SAIS THAT BLA BLA BLA... IS NOT A WIN32 CORRECT APLICATTION.
WHAT IT DOES MEAN ???, HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ????

THANKS
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

I had that to but downloade dfrom a other mirror and it worked. Damn that yellow and red 350Z are butugly!!! :oops:
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

toineed wrote:I had that to but downloade dfrom a other mirror and it worked. Damn that yellow and red 350Z are butugly!!! :oops:
i really like the yellow one :P
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

People complain to much. I'm pretty sure this game is MUCH better than the first one. The pre-made cars are better than in the NFS UG Demo and I just love it. Maybe you are putting it on low detail and it's been affecting your brain :P .
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

2furio wrote:Maybe you are putting it on low detail and it's been affecting your brain :P .
lol :lol: :lol:
jobo9
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jobo9 »

I feel sorry for the guys at EA..
First, you hear comments like: What? A flying escalade?!
and then they make the cars havyer and then there are coments like: The cars are 2 heavy!!!
Boofster
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Boofster »

Have you actually tried the game? It's nothing but understeer. The last thing a 350Z with 300+ horsepower does is understeer.
MyYellow240
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MyYellow240 »

2furio wrote:People complain to much.
If we didn't complain how would EA have known how to improve on the fist one :P
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

MyYellow240 wrote:
2furio wrote:People complain to much.
If we didn't complain how would EA have known how to improve on the fist one :P
True, true but see, we complained so much, yet EA couldn't provide us with simple things like horn, lights (on/off) and other things. Another thing that sucks is that you can't rotate your car anymore. Other than that it's pretty good. One thing I noticed is that the speed is more realistic. It's not 300+, now it's more like 200+. I really hope the damage model is in the final product. I don't care if it is like in Hot Pursuit 2...I just wanna see pieces flying. :D
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

After spending 2 hours downloading the demo yesterday, I finally played it tonight.

After the first minute, I was seriously going to uninstall it and not bother buying the full version. But then I remembered that EA's demos are nearly always shizzle - Cricket 2004 Demo was exactly the same - absolutely appalling, but I liked the full game.

However, the worst things about the demo are:

1. That you can only use a 350Z. Although I like the real-life 350Z, I have always hated it in NFSU - the only car I could never get to grips with. They should have included one of the smaller cars, especially for drift racing on those narrow tracks...

2. Bearing in mind that I own a P4 3.2GHz (with Hyper Threading) with 1GB of DDR 400 RAM and a Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card, I can't run the game at anywhere near full graphics settings - the car responds like a London Bus with failed suspension and steering... perhaps they should have called it Lag City instead of Bay View?

3. NFSU1 was, IMHO, a better game. The included tracks are crap (again IMHO), especially when being forced to drive that Double Decker Bus of a car...

Maybe things will improve in the full version when we can tune the cars to handle like, for example, a 350Z. I'll await a full review before committing myself 100%.
skyline_350z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by skyline_350z »

DarrenR21373 wrote: After the first minute, I was seriously going to uninstall it and not bother buying the full version. But then I remembered that EA's demos are nearly always shizzle

However, the worst things about the demo are:

1. That you can only use a 350Z. Although I like the real-life 350Z, I have always hated it in NFSU - the only car I could never get to grips with. They should have included one of the smaller cars, especially for drift racing on those narrow tracks...

2. Bearing in mind that I own a P4 3.2GHz (with Hyper Threading) with 1GB of DDR 400 RAM and a Radeon 9800 Pro graphics card, I can't run the game at anywhere near full graphics settings - the car responds like a London Bus with failed suspension and steering... perhaps they should have called it Lag City instead of Bay View?

3. NFSU1 was, IMHO, a better game. The included tracks are crap (again IMHO), especially when being forced to drive that Double Decker Bus of a car...
Hmm..I thought the demo rocked.

1. Yes, I agree that the 350Z sucked in NFSU, but it works pretty damn well in this game. Maybe its only because I have nothing to compare it too. Anyway, it's still good.

2. I own a P4 2.8 (non-ht), 1 gb DDr 333 ram, and the same graphics card. Did you download the lastest drivers, 4.10? My game played like crap too, but once I installed the drivers, it worked perfectly, high res, full detail.

3. You only see one track. Yeah, its twisty, I hate that too, but theres gonna be like 40 or something more tracks. The downhill track is pretty dumb, but hell, you can skip it.

Maybe you should try it for more than 1 min. b4 you judge.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

hey guys, iam downloading the game tomorrow for sure, can (those who downloaded the game) tell me whats the best link to download from? without any installation problems or downloading problems

thx in advance :wink:
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

I quite like the downhill track, and if you use the handbrake liberally and are smart with your gears the 350z does pretty admirably. Having free roam and being able to use the snowplow 350z to ram those outrun challenge rice rockets off the road is probably the most fun I've had in a while.
Ximo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Ximo »

Maybe you should try it for more than 1 min. b4 you judge.
Agreed, There's a lot to this game that we haven't tried yet..Plus If you play around with some of your AA & AF settings in your control panel and the in game FAA, you might find it run better. Like for example the "enhanced contrast," I don't like it so i turned it off and got a few more fps'.

Hey Skyline_man, try the nfsunlimited links...depending where you are from. I used the Ill one and i am in Montreal, and it was flying last night.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

ok, thanks Ximo :wink:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

small review...

at first I made a little error when setting everthing on max... the AA settings made the world completely black exept the lights.. so I set it lower and tada... working like a charm... running it on 1024x768 with everything else set on full and it ran without one! little lag...

where did you get the Yellow 350Z?? I could only choose the green, grey and red...?? weird

I liked the free roam, the graphics are abit... difirent (much light effects) but he I like it... outrun is cool and the downhill drift... dunno have to get used to it I guess

overall nice bit of fun!
skyline_350z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by skyline_350z »

A couple demo shots:

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/2258/Z

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/8589/Z30.jpg29.jpg
Simon600 wrote:hey look what i found
Yeah, I found that as well. It looks pretty cool, especially with everthing turned on.
Last edited by skyline_350z on 28 Oct 2004, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Climbing up cars using hydros is fun :)

Image Image
XxAmadaeusxX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XxAmadaeusxX »

Tyrant wrote:And Amadeus, how did you color you rims?
The car came like that. I didn't color the rims. mabye its the reflection of the rims from the light or something.
Mr_Wazza
Ricer
Ricer

Y Is Every1 Biatching?

Post by Mr_Wazza »

I just got it last night and came on here 2 read wat other ppl think of it and i rather disappointed wit the ppls attitude. IT JUST A DEMO!!!

ok 1st off u dont need to have hydro its just an option and as for the ugly body kits thats just ur opion

2nd: As for the cars being to heavy on the road uve only used 1 car out of 30 how do u know wat the others are like.

3rd: not being able to get up anough speed cuz theres 2 many turns, its just 1 area of 5, if u look at the map there are heaps or sraights to gun it on.

The only thing i was disappointed wit was the shops u couldnt actually go in them u could just preview.

As for Juiced being betta ive played it and its sooooo crap its not funny the graphics are good but thats bout it

Race Hard OR Go Home!!
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

TheStig wrote:where did you get the Yellow 350Z?? I could only choose the green, grey and red...?? weird
it's the last choice in the garage.
i have 256 mb RAM, ATI radeon 9100, latest driver and it works on high details completly normal. well it's true i have to have 800x600....but it comes more handy when making a movie or two :)
landauEX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by landauEX »

It's don't work for me :( !!!!!! please HELP ME!!!!!!! i wnter to the game and that sh*t dont enter, that quit!
landauEX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by landauEX »

i find all the store 8) :lol: but we can to enter to there..(becous it demo)... jast to the Specialty shop. and ther, all is lock. why?

Return to “News”