NFSMW: Hex Coding!

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

NFSMW: Hex Coding!

Post by Ceano »

Does anyone know the hex code for the pink slip cars? I have finished the game 2 times there i did re race every blacklist racer just to get there car, but now i have started a new career and I'm so tiered to re race them for the cars but still want them in my garage :wink:
Last edited by Ceano on 16 Jan 2006, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
westwood3200
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by westwood3200 »

I think no-one memorizes those codes, but just wait for some reply, maybe one will help....
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Yes koffy is working on it :D
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

Pinkslip cars are just regular cars with special vinyls and some performance upgrades.
For example, the hexcode of Bull's SLR is the same as the regular SLR.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

STAT-X wrote:Pinkslip cars are just regular cars with special vinyls and some performance upgrades.
For example, the hexcode of Bull's SLR is the same as the regular SLR.
OK, then it sounds impossible to get the pink slip cars whit all the tuning and visuals without the pink slip :?:
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

The only difference between an blacklist car and a stock car is it's vinyl, and you get the blacklist car for 'free', if you manage to pick it.
Buying a stock car and add max perfromance (inc. the junkman parts) would perform exactly the same as doing this to a blacklist car.

You may get a nice collection, but I see no other point in collecting all the blacklist cars.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

STAT-X wrote:The only difference between an blacklist car and a stock car is it's vinyl, and you get the blacklist car for 'free', if you manage to pick it.
Buying a stock car and add max perfromance (inc. the junkman parts) would perform exactly the same as doing this to a blacklist car.

You may get a nice collection, but I see no other point in collecting all the blacklist cars.
Yes that is just the reason that i want the exact pink slip cars, they are one of a kind with vinyls an all. But i have almost finished the game for the third time now (on 5th place), and have re raced so i have got the cars so far.
ManMan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ManMan »

I posted some findings about the hex codes for the blacklist cars, U can check it here: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... &start=200
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Thanks will try that out 8)
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

This may help, new game, 16 blacklist racer cars in "My Cars".
Attachments
Davin.zip
16 blacklist racer cars in "My Cars"
(8.52 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

smithsyscom can you please write down the hex codes for those cars?
ManMan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ManMan »

smithsyscom wrote:This may help, new game, 16 blacklist racer cars in "My Cars".
With the same hex codes: can't u put those cars in the shop on career mode?? :shock:
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

Ceano wrote:smithsyscom can you please write down the hex codes for those cars?
I'm sorry, what do you by "write down the hex codes"? I use hex editor to replace whole block of car specification data of each "My Cars" with car specification of each blacklist racer cars. Of course replace string representing car type too.

This is the little secret, bonus car specifications are actually in the savegame file. I just copy them here and there.
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

ManMan wrote: With the same hex codes: can't u put those cars in the shop on career mode?? :shock:
I'm not sure if can car shown in car lot have car customization. I think I able to add these cars directly to my garage but don't know what will happen if you already have the blacklist racer car then win the same pink slip. The good news is any missing blacklist racer car can be added back after completed career mode.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

smithsyscom wrote:
Ceano wrote:smithsyscom can you please write down the hex codes for those cars?
I'm sorry, what do you by "write down the hex codes"? I use hex editor to replace whole block of car specification data of each "My Cars" with car specification of each blacklist racer cars. Of course replace string representing car type too.

This is the little secret, bonus car specifications are actually in the savegame file. I just copy them here and there.
Each pink slip car has it own hex code number, that's what I'm after.

How can you see/know what hex code is for what?

You also write that you can get pink slip cars that you have missed after you have finished the game, how do you do that?
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

Your belief is not true. They don’t have special car hex code. The only unique thing about blacklist cars is vinyl. For your information here are vinyl code:

1 – C1 11 (BMW)
1 – 43 12 (Mustang GT)
2 – FF FF (that is no vinyl!)
3 – 41 12
4 – 40 12
5 – 3F 12
6 – 3E 12
7 – 3D 12
8 – 3C 12
9 – 3B 12
10 – 3A 12
11 – 39 12
12 – 38 12
13 – 37 12
14 – 36 12
15 – 35 12

I discuss savegame file structure in other thread, hopefully you will find it useful when manually add car in your savegame.

I don't manually build each car in the savegame file I posted, I first add a new car, say IS300, in "My Cars" then use hex editor to replace car hex code and car customization from bonus cars. Here is the order of bonus cars in the savegame file (BE)

00 - BMW M3 GTR (slow)
01 - Porsche Cayman S, #10
02 - Mitsubishi Eclipse, #11
03 - Mazda RX-8, #12
04 - Toyota Supra, #13
05 - Lexus IS300, #14
06 - VW Golf, #15
07 - Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, #2
08 - Aston Martin DB9, #3
09 - Dodge Viper SRT10, #4
0A - Corvette C6, #5
0B - Lamborghini Gallardo, #6
0C - Mercedes-Benz CLK 500, #7
0D - Ford Mustang GT, #8
0E - Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION VIII, #9
0F - Corvette C6.R
10 - Porsche 911 GT2
11 - Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
12 - Porsche Carrera S
13 - Corvette C6.R
14 - Camaro SS
15 - Corvette C6
16 - Lotus Elise
17 - Porsche 911 GT2
18 - BMW M3 GTR Street Version
19 - Mercedes-Benz SL500
1A - Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG
1B - Toyota Supra
1C - Ford GT Castrol Syntec Version
1D - BMW M3 GTR
1E - BMW M3 GTR (slow)

Razer's Mustang is in demo savegame. Of course you can use my file :D

Finally, how I know this, try and error!
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Thanks mate :D
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

smithsyscom wrote:
ManMan wrote: With the same hex codes: can't u put those cars in the shop on career mode?? :shock:
I'm not sure if can car shown in car lot have car customization. I think I able to add these cars directly to my garage but don't know what will happen if you already have the blacklist racer car then win the same pink slip. The good news is any missing blacklist racer car can be added back after completed career mode.
I have put them in car lot. They appear just fine there, but when you buy them, they become stick. I suppose the game is not made to but a customized car, and just copyes the car data to the garage info.

Edit: @smithsyscom: I made a save file with all pinkslip cars in the safehouse (see camaro in career mode WTF) but I also tryed to include Razors Mustang nased on you savegame, but I couldn't. Both bl mustangs in your save file have parts code 2C and 2E (2E is Razors) but in my savefile, Jewels blacklist car has 0D code. If I put 2E for a mustang the whole car disappears. :( Any sugestion?

Edit2: Fixed. I cpoyed the whole castom car data to an empty slot in my savegame and done!
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Hidden vinyl

Post by smithsyscom »

I added a new M3 in "My Cars". BMW M3 GTR with BMW Motorsport vinyl using in Nürburgring 24 Hour Race!! Vinyl code C2 11.
Attachments
Davin.zip
(8.52 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

That's a nice find !
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

Pay a visit to UK Need for Speed site, Bull's SLR should have vinyl too but somehow gone.
smithsyscom
Ricer
Ricer

Post by smithsyscom »

4 additional feature cars
Attachments
Mia.zip
4 feature cars
(8.97 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

smithsyscom wrote:Pay a visit to UK Need for Speed site, Bull's SLR should have vinyl too but somehow gone.
I also noticed that Bull's ride was the only one without a unique vinyl.
If you see the list you posted, all the blacklist vinyl follow each other. Since #3 Ronnie's vinyl is 4112 and #1 Razor's vinyl is 4312, I would expect #2 Bull's vinyl is 4212, but it didn't work for me.

Very strange ...
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

This whole game is strange :shock: when i try to replace a car in "My Cars" the game crashes.

I add one Lexus and one Punto and then try to replace them with "Ford Castrol GT" and "BMW Motorsport vinyl using in Nürburgring 24 Hour Race" but when i try to use those cars the game crashes :cry:
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

The BMW M3 Race version has the blue and white vinyl, but there is 2 different codes for the same vinyl? 1D and 1F, what is the difference between them?

Return to “Editing”