How do I upgrade my car parts?

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
BG11
Ricer
Ricer

How do I upgrade my car parts?

Post by BG11 »

Hey I just got the game a few days ago and started a career mode yestedray but I don't know how to upgrade my car performance in the shop. I have a lot of money and I can change my car's look and color but I'm not sure how to actually upgrade the parts. When I go to performance it just says stock 20/20 and I can't change anything. Do I have to advance more in the game to have upgrading options? I'm at blacklist #12 and I figured I should be able to do some upgrades by now... Sometimes when I get out of the garage or go to race I see some tips about it while it's loading but I can't read more then a couple of words because the loading takes a second, so I came to ask here :).
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Are you playing with the special savegames that allow you to play with the M3 GTR from the start? You can't upgrade th M3's performance in anyway possible; only its visual aspects can be changed.
BG11
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BG11 »

No, just a new career mode game. Nothing installed.
Right now I'm using the supra which I bought for 40k I think. I should be able to upgrade it no?
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

So I take it that you're racing around with a Lexus,Punto,TT,CTS, etc...right?
Coz if you are, you shouldn't have this problem. I really cant think of anything, except to create another career and see if the problem persists :)

EDIT: yes you should be able to upgrade the supra...no reason why you can't :?
BG11
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BG11 »

Is this a known bug or something? I really don't want to restart a new career after playing so much today, feels like I've wasted so much time lol. Well could you tell me what I should usually be seeing when I go to upgrade say the engine for example.
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Hmm, ok, I'll get you a few pics, it'll make it easier to explain :)
BG11
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BG11 »

Good news, I just quit the game and restarted my comp and and now I see all the options. Race engine, pro super pro etc... Thx for your time!
BG11
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BG11 »

I noticed that before when I didn't have the options the car heat level in the preformance menu was always x5 and now it's how it should be, at x2. Maybe that had something to do with it :/
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Lol what ever it was, glad to see that it was resolved. Happy gaming, and welcome to NFS Unlimited :D
BG11
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BG11 »

bashderq wrote:Lol what ever it was, glad to see that it was resolved. Happy gaming, and welcome to NFS Unlimited :D

Return to “Most Wanted”