?Guide to add Pink Slip / Rival Cars into Career Safehouse?

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
rahaney
Stock
Stock

?Guide to add Pink Slip / Rival Cars into Career Safehouse?

Post by rahaney »

Hi,

I've looked around, downloaded the guides and the posts etc yet still can't get a working savegame.

Basically i've just beat Ronnie (#3) but i didn't find the Pink Slip in the 2 markers and for the first time i forgot to turn Autosave off before the races :(

All i want to do is to add his custom Aston Martin into my safehouse as if i won the pink slip - nothing else.

Attached is my Savegame, if any budding hex editors can solve the issue that would be great!

cheers,

rahaney
Attachments
RAHANEY.zip
(11.53 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Last edited by rahaney on 02 Mar 2006, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

it's being worked on.

EDIT:

i finished. it's tunable in a shop, just like any of your other cars. and i gave it it's own ID so it can have it's own bounty, etc.
Attachments
RAHANEY.zip
(11.42 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
rahaney
Stock
Stock

Post by rahaney »

Awesome prince1142003! :D

I tried hexing it for hours and it just crashed :oops:

Many thanks for your time,

Thanks again,

rahaney
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

How is this a guide? It's just an save that you can download so it is misleading, please rename the post.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

It was actually a request for someone to provide guidance... *points wildly at question mark in the title*
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

GT3x24x7 wrote:It was actually a request for someone to provide guidance... *points wildly at question mark in the title*
Still miss leading post header, i think.

But what a heck it's not my forum :wink:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Nor mine.. ;)
rahaney
Stock
Stock

Post by rahaney »

Ceano wrote:
GT3x24x7 wrote:It was actually a request for someone to provide guidance... *points wildly at question mark in the title*
Still miss leading post header, i think.
I wrote the post as GT3x24x7 said to see if there was a guide to doing it as i couldn't piece together what i had to do and if it required several hex differences?

As it happens i thought that a professional could do it in about 5 mins so i asked if anyone could and thats what happened.

I would still like a guide tho just for those times when you don't win the pink slip marker - if anyone has a spare minute?

Thanks for helping a noob :D

rahaney

NB The savegame is at around 80% career completion with all pink slip cars to number #3 for those interested.

EDIT: Have added an extra question mark to make it more of a request :)
vanguard
Ricer
Ricer

Post by vanguard »

hi prince, can you tell me exactly which addresses you changed? i've figured out where all the car's addresses are located, but it seems when i try to add a pink slip car (the code ends in 42, i believe), the game still reads the file as corrupted. it seems there's something else i need to change as well to make it work.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i've PMed you about this, read the last part in my PM. the tool mentioned can be downloaded from a link in the guide
CrankyProf
Stock
Stock

Post by CrankyProf »

I'm in the same boat - missed Earl's Lancer. I've completed the game a couple of times ... this time I wanted to use only pink slip cars throughout. I have been through the Hex Editing guide and have added cars to the car lot, but being able to add the pink slip cars to the safe house would be great. Could you describe what you did to add the pink slip car? Much appreciated.

Return to “Editing”