PSPs

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

PSPs

Post by BKize_GT »

This is the un-official PSP topic, where you can discuss PSPs all you like, I even typed this on my PSP :P
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Shouldn't this be like in the games thread? :P
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Not really, you can do more with a PSP than just play games, as shown by Bkize.
BKize_GT wrote:I even typed this on my PSP :P
spartan.dk
Professional
Professional

Post by spartan.dk »

Well, doh. I got owned.
Kid Cro wrote:Now go Suck on your mom's boobie and stfuktnxbye!!!
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I got bored of my PSP... The only reason i bought a PSP, was because of LIberty Stories, but i just couldn't be bothered playing it.

Even tho you can do so many things with the PSPs, the poor battery life makes it really annoying... i mean my laptop has a better battery life then the PSP!

Music
In terms of player music it sucks, it can only play MP3 format, not WMA. The battery life sucks compared to pretty much all other MP3 players. And you don't have that much space to put a lot of music in anyway.

Movies
Would you spend £30 on a movie for the PSP or £10 on a DVD which you can watch at a much higher quality or even on a portable DVD player? And why would anyone wanna watch a movie on such a small screen?

Just because it can do so many things, it doesn't mean to say it can do them any good. I'd rather listen to music on my MP3 player (with better battery life and more music). I'd rather watch a movie on my PC or at home on the TV. Hell I could watch a DVD on my laptop at a higer resolution.

If the PSP just stuck to gaming, then it wouldn't have all those problems. I'm gonna wait until the prices for the games go down, if they ever do and buy Street Fighter.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I have a PSP and I dont like battery life either. I am going to buy the 4GB HDD so i can put movies on it and have more battery life =D
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

Sir Ibi wrote: Music
In terms of player music it sucks, it can only play MP3 format, not WMA. The battery life sucks compared to pretty much all other MP3 players. And you don't have that much space to put a lot of music in anyway.

Movies
Would you spend £30 on a movie for the PSP or £10 on a DVD which you can watch at a much higher quality or even on a portable DVD player? And why would anyone wanna watch a movie on such a small screen?
Music
I don't think you've updated your PSP very recently, it can play more formats with the latest update, plus I bought a 2 GB memory card :P

Movies
I agree with you on the price, but they do have converters where you can convert movies to PSP format, and you have to wonder, WTF were they thinking with the video Ipod XD
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Ok, so some changes have been made on the formats of differnt music it can play, but 2GB still isn't enough for me... I have over 5GB worth of music on my MP3 player, and I can play it for a lot longer.

Ok, so the PSP ain't that bad it does have good points and thats the gaming side of it.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Sir Ibi wrote:I got bored of my PSP... The only reason i bought a PSP, was because of LIberty Stories, but i just couldn't be bothered playing it.
Dude u could have simply downloaded an emulator
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Sir Ibi wrote: If the PSP just stuck to gaming, then it wouldn't have all those problems.
I agree, most of the devices that throw in tons of useless crap usually end up being terrible.
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

I like my PSP i never get bored of it now that i got internet and Tekken dark resurrection =P~ . I tried to type something in my psp but it took to long to load the site, so i decided forget it. :( :cry:
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Nah..its not worth using that Iexplorer mode...on top of just typing it
u canoot view videos or download files....atleast on mine..

I also found a virus for a psp...only 1 till now though
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

The PsP is great for gaimng handheld, I find the footy games alot of fun on it.

Though the screen is small for watching mobies as pointed out, I wouldnt want to use something that big to play music with (Yes the PsP is rather small but for a music player.....)

The web browsing Is ok, after updating its alot better though it's only good for reading really as posting takes half an hour lol

I still think there great and I love it that you can download demo's for it, the graphics on some games are amazing and so is the game range.

Games though are ovepriced but the most ive payed for a game is £18 (shop around) Loco Roco I want to get but £35! Gotta love the music on it @(played the demo)
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

99k wrote:
I still think there great and I love it that you can download demo's for it, the graphics on some games are amazing and so is the game range.
Where do u download the demos from?
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

I wouldn't get a PSP because i'm sorta clumsy and I heard the screen messes up when dropped
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

t3ice wrote:
99k wrote:
Where do u download the demos from?
For now there is only two demos locoroco and world tour soccer 2006.

go here http://www.us.playstation.com/PSP and download them by connecting your psp with a usb cable to you pc and download the demo, is the fastes way than using your internet in the psp. :lol:
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:I wouldn't get a PSP because i'm sorta clumsy and I heard the screen messes up when dropped
I dropped mine, screens fine though i Thought it had broke because it wouldn't turn on but my brothers used it too much and drained the battery full (Damages the battery doing that)

I goto http://www.yourpsp.com to get my PsP stuff \:D/

Return to “The Hardware & Software”