Half Life 2: Episode One , Two and Three, and then?

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Half Life 2: Episode One , Two and Three, and then?

Post by xturbo »

Yesterday, i bought the HL2: Episode One, and i have to say that the story is getting more clear. It has improved graphical system (like the Lost Coast add-on) and the gameplay is also improved. Well, the game is very short IMO,but it has a lot of things that you can't search in the HL2 ending. The final of the add-on let you AGAIN with a big doubt: WTF is going to happen now, but Valve has given a short video of Episode Two, featuring a FOREST enviroment outside City 17 and new "mini-striders" called "Hunters" as far as i know. Episode Three is a mistery, but they should release it before Christmas 2007. And then, it comes HALF LIFE 3??? mmmmmm....big question, and WTF is G-man?? a Goverment Person?? an Alien??? a Ghost??? a Virtual Reality program??? ARGGHHHH....but i know that G-man is loosing the control of Gordon because in the intro of Episode One, after the vortigaunts save you from him, he says: "We'll see that....". That dude is getting more mysterious to me than before.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Shouldn't the recent Half Life Episode One should in fact be Episode Three?

One other point, G-Man was a nick name given to one of the mafia members back in the 50s, i think, which is short for Government Man.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

nope,there's also a trailer of episode two, i mean, also you get a video after finishing episode one, called with his codename: Aftermath.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

no i meant:

The fist Half-Life should ep:1
Half-Life 2: ep2
Half-Life: Aftermath : ep3?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

oh i see what you mean, yeah....shoul be like that. And also i want to say that is a the cheapest addon I've ever buy in my life: only 16.99...well, 17.00.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Sir Ibi wrote:Shouldn't the recent Half Life Episode One should in fact be Episode Three?

One other point, G-Man was a nick name given to one of the mafia members back in the 50s, i think, which is short for Government Man.
Who doesnt know that GMan meant Government man? :?

And Aftermath fills the gaps between HL1 and HL2.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Are you sure korge?? where did you get that info???
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I still haven't played HL2, but I know the G-Man in the original Half life was a weird and misterious guy.
And the Ending of the game was really weird.... :S played the 2 addons for HL1 also (Opposing Force and Blue Shift but they didn't make much sence also, although nice to play.)

Still think Half Life 1 was one of the best games of it's days. was a never seen before style of game.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

korge wrote:And Aftermath fills the gaps between HL1 and HL2.
Says who? Aftermath was the codename for the next chapter in Half-Life AFTER Half-Life 2, which now became Episodes 1 through 3. Apparently, there won't be Half-Life 3 as Episodes 1 - 3 are considered the 3rd chapter in the Half-Life universe...and unlike some people...I will provide proof:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/711/711560p1.html
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

oh, that's a pity, bcoz i wanted to see the great technology of the "rumored HL3 screenshots"....damn valve.
RazoR_MKD
Banned

Post by RazoR_MKD »

Man buy Doom3 and expansion pack,It ah very very good graphics im amazed by the engine gfx its so good if u have good gfx card,very good game,but the one thing i hate it because its too dark(80% of the game is darkness).
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

yeah i have them already, i agree with you: doom3 gets boring later in the game because it's everything or almost dark. Very boring. compared to HL2, ufffff.....BIG difference: water effect, particle system, ambience, sounds, AI, and a lot of things. I WAS a doom fan, but when HL came out, i was a HL fan since then.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Wonder if you HL people would have known about this

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... did=450116
Ataraxia
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ataraxia »

Oh me oh my...I was already set to buy HL2 - EP2 but this makes me want it more...
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

yeah but in 2007 is released?? dammn, i don't want to wait anymore, let's finish this saga once for all!!! i want to firetruck!ng know WTF is G-man!!!
-hidden-
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Half Life 2: Episode One , Two and Three, and then?

Post by -hidden- »

xturbo wrote:mmmmmm....big question, and WTF is G-man??
Gangster man? :lol:
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

I believe it's "Government man" as Ibi said in the start of the page...
lol wut
RazoR_MKD
Banned

Post by RazoR_MKD »

NO,its Gordon Freeman,or Gordon-Man

Anybody got an idea where to download Episode one,i have HL2 but i cant find where to DL Episode One,cuz i dont plan to buy it?? :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

RazoR_MKD wrote:NO,its Gordon Freeman,or Gordon-Man

Anybody got an idea where to download Episode one,i have HL2 but i cant find where to DL Episode One,cuz i dont plan to buy it?? :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :!:
dude, find it into WAREZ LINK REMOVED, sorry staff, i know that we can't talk about warez, but i gave him only an adress...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Saying sorry is not good enough. The rules are very clear: DO NOT MAKE WAREZ-RELATED POSTS.

Return to “The Games”