Hurmses

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Hurmses

Post by Dagon »

http://www.z06-corvette.com/super/halltech.htm

Since this is a street lgal production car (more or less) with faster acceleration and higher top speed than the veyron (as well as being produced 3 years earlier), why isn't it rated as the fastest car in the world?
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Because it isn't a production car.
It is a conversion for a production car. Therefore doesn't count.
If we're going to play that game, theres a 1200whp (yes WHEEL horsepower E34 M5 in Finland that tops out at just under 300mph and does 0-60 in under a second. Its a converted production car, therefore is faster than the Veyron.

Anyway, those are only estimated/claimed. Designers estimated that the Veyron would be capable of over 300mph, but it isn't.
And that Halltech is bloody ugly.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Like Steel said it isn't a production car you can't buy that streight from Chevrolet. if they made it and have it as normal production car that is rolling of the assembly line. then it would be a contender. now it is just a tuned up stock car. and that doesn't count!

ooh and production cars have to meet strick regulations for Enviroment and safety! a tuned car is diffirent, I doubt this vette meets the enviroment regulations!
Dagon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Dagon »

Well, when you add nitromethane dragsters, gas turbines and solid-fuel rocket cars to the mix, the veyron looks extremely slow. What i'm meaning is street legal rather than production, I guess, since I seriously doubt you'd be able to use a dragster on the road.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

some dragcars can be used on the road, but only if they meet the road standards of the country.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

i seriously doubt that any car can reach 275mph on just an 8-cylinder twin turbo running on standard gas. these dragsters that run 4 second 1/4 miles at speeds of 300mph or over are using 8000 horsepower engines with a special racing gas. so this idea of street legal cars hitting speeds of 275-300mph is a hoax. not to mention where are they testing these things to hit that kind of speed. it's one thing to hit it on a dyno and another to hit it on a real road.
GTAVCBoy90
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GTAVCBoy90 »

I'm pretty sure those dragsters could go much faster than 300 if they're on an airstrip or something.
GTA Lover
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

steelsnake00 wrote:Because it isn't a production car.
If we're going to play that game, theres a 1200whp (yes WHEEL horsepower E34 M5 in Finland that tops out at just under 300mph and does 0-60 in under a second. Its a converted production car, therefore is faster than the Veyron.

Anyway, those are only estimated/claimed. Designers estimated that the Veyron would be capable of over 300mph, but it isn't.
In finland? mind showing me a link?
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

GTAVCBoy90 wrote:I'm pretty sure those dragsters could go much faster than 300 if they're on an airstrip or something.
I'd think they'll run out of gas keeping up such a high speed :lol:
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

baadmw wrote:

In finland? mind showing me a link?
Sorry, its Norway, my mistake... :oops:
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Ok whatever :D Got any links for that, I kinda got interested...
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

http://www.vsmotor.no
They now have a 1500hp M3 which looks to be one of the fastest road-legal drag cars in existance...
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Sweet-16 wrote:i seriously doubt that any car can reach 275mph on just an 8-cylinder twin turbo running on standard gas. these dragsters that run 4 second 1/4 miles at speeds of 300mph or over are using 8000 horsepower engines with a special racing gas. so this idea of street legal cars hitting speeds of 275-300mph is a hoax. not to mention where are they testing these things to hit that kind of speed. it's one thing to hit it on a dyno and another to hit it on a real road.
Koenigsegg CCR/CCX? It tops out at ~250 MPH and has a supercharged V8.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

If you take into account modified cars, there are 230mph-plus-capable cars running 6 or even 4-cyl engines. MTM's Bimoto Audi TT is running 2x 1.8 20V 4-cyl Turbo's and on Golf TDi gearing has made 215 on road, and 249 on salt flats, with a facing wind. And that's only running ~700bhp in total.
GTAVCBoy90
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GTAVCBoy90 »

The Veyron couldn't reach 300 because of the car's 2-ton weight.
GTA Lover
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

"This car is amazing, i got the 1000 hp twin turbo kit put on it, i also had it bored and stroked, so now instead of a 8.5 liter, i have a 9.7 liter engine. i put a cold air intake, nos, and some sweet tires, they're basically slicks but they have a line through the middle so it's legal. My viper can go from 0-60 in 1.63 secs, over 1200 bhp(with the nos) around 1135 without, and over 1000 ft/lbs of torque. all i have to say is, AMAZING."
John M. (San Diego , California - September, 2005)

if i ever win the lottery this is the car i want i dont care about gas mileage and all that other stuff

there is a video here where it shows a viper maxxing out a dyno http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k2_gVEV ... ed&search=
Attachments
venom100006_01.jpg
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

GTAVCBoy90 wrote:

The Veyron couldn't reach 300 because of the car's 2-ton weight.
The Veyron could easily reach 300mph if it was unrestricted. The reason it won't do 300 is because it can't do it without compromising safety and reliability.

2-tonne weight is irrelevant in a car that has 3000hp at the flywheel.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Thats one of the Hennessey Vipers. If I were you, the last thing I would dream of dealing is with John Hennessey. Hes ignorant, childish, and a disgrace to the automotive world. His tam can definitely produce the results, no question in that, but the man is an bumbum.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

im not saying i would go with john hennessey there are more manufacturers out there that will tune a viper for such power im just saying i would want one with that much power. jeez check out the SVS 1500+ hp viper 2000 hp at the crank thats insane theres also a vid of a 1900hp viper pulling a 7.99 quarter mile at 177 mph :shock:
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

darknight788 wrote:im not saying i would go with john hennessey there are more manufacturers out there that will tune a viper for such power im just saying i would want one with that much power. jeez check out the SVS 1500+ hp viper 2000 hp at the crank thats insane theres also a vid of a 1900hp viper pulling a 7.99 quarter mile at 177 mph :shock:
Thats shiznit. As of 2006, the fastest street-legal car is Steve Pateman's Calibra, at a 8.14second quarter at 174. So I call shiznit on your figures.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

you can call shiznit on whatever you want but the video proves it all it is faster than what you said a 7.99 quater mile at 177 mph the video tells all :wink: :lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Is it street legal?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

as far as i know yes here is a direct link to it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBEeo6l3 ... ed&search=

in case not here is a 1700 hp viper that i know is street legal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IOpuGVo ... ed&search=

that is what you get with big cubic inches and a couple of turbo's :wink:
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Not street legal, judging by the attatchment to the rear.
Anyway, what's the point? It's a huge, American car, therefore won't go round corners. Ever. You can get as much power out of any engine as you want so long as you throw enough money at it.

A 7.99 is quite impressive, but to put in in persepctive, a Dutch madman with a 1973 BMW 2002 and £5500 worth of mods pulled a 8.31 @ 161.4
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

steelsnake00 wrote:Not street legal, judging by the attatchment to the rear.
You mean the parachute? I've seen a street-legal Torana in Aus that had a wheelie bar (and a parachute) sticking out the back, so it shouldn't be any different for the Viper. Yes I know that Australia and America are completely different countries, but if anything, American roadworthy checks are a lot less strict than over here.
steelsnake00 wrote:Anyway, what's the point? It's a huge, American car, therefore won't go round corners. Ever.
Yeah, and I bet that Calibra corners like a dream . . . :roll:

Edit: and btw, proper track-prepared American circuit cars can go around corners just fine. Go watch the telly if you need proof

Return to “The Cars”