Autosculpt™ - what do you think it will be?

2006 Need for Speed Carbon

Autosculpt™ - Top or flop?

Poll ended at 13 Jul 2006, 23:56

It will be cool! Just imagine what you will be abled to do!
53%
EA developers are too worried about earning their wages to make a game good.
34%
More rice means more ugly cars. Jay Leno and Jeremy Clarkson won't believe this...
8%
With or without customisation, NFS rocks!
5%

Total votes: 38

NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Autosculptâ„¢ - what do you think it will be?

Post by NaBUru83 »

Apparently the users will be abled to design their own bodykits and spoilers. Will it be good enough to be more creative than in previous games, or it will be poorly implemented and too restrictive? Are the customisers going to make rice even worse, or they will actually design amazing tuners?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

If it works well enough, the opportunites will be awesome.

No doubt we would see some good work, and some über rice work. Much the same way as it happens in real life too.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yea i also think we will probably see some really disgusting rice but we could also see absolutely stunning muscle cars and exotics. lets just keep our fingers crossed and hope EA did it right this time
r34-gtr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by r34-gtr »

amen to that
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i doubt autosculpt will live up to the hype. if you go by the example, Tiger Woods games, the most you can do is change the size and width and position of certain parts.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

If autosculpt means designing your own bodykits and stuff, then thats really awsome.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I think you can edit the original kits about. if it is like in SIMS 2 where you could make pretty good replica's of people... I made a replica of my former roommate and it was plain scary how close it looked..

Hope you can edit the kits enough to make a diffirence. I doubt you can edit the stock kits. (enlarge the kit but keep the style of it)
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

As I posted in another place (just can't remember where) - it'll be cool if we could make our rides really wide, say almost a whole track-width. Then no cheating AI monkey will be able to pass!

Might be a problem in the unlikely event that we fall behind an opponent, of course...

But, anyway, in the poll, I voted number 2 - it's bound to be half-baked, cos it looks like they are going to rush out this new game, just like MW. I just hope they patch it this time when major bugs are found (unlike MW). :roll:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

r34-gtr wrote:amen to that
me too dude, amen for that!!! i just wonder if the interface is going to be easy, i mean, if it's going to be easy to handle it for us...

and it's true it's going to be a feature that allow the player to customize parts??? it's confirmed?? or it's just paiting?? or tunning your crew cars only???
Strafer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Strafer »

"It will be cool! Just imagine what you will be abled to do!"

My answer
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Strafer wrote:"It will be cool! Just imagine what you will be abled to do!"

My answer
? :?:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

If it allows to build complete custom bumpers I sure do hope you are able to import/export them so when real good model artist work on it we can download some really nice kits...

that IMO would be really nice. but I got the feeling it won't be that way.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

me too, i agree with you stiggy...someway EA is not going to do what are their first plans, just like MW.
RazoR_MKD
Banned

Post by RazoR_MKD »

Man i cant wait for Carbon to come out,probably another 5 months ,imagine what we could do,real bodykits and spoilers-not like these stupid in MW,Veilside,Wingwest,man im gonna make all of those
r34-gtr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by r34-gtr »

id love to see a rx7 fitted with veilside's fortune kit.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

r34-gtr wrote:id love to see a rx7 fitted with veilside's fortune kit.
but first let's pray to EA put the RX7 in the game, or just wait to the "official" carlist. I think it will be soon.
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

i mean not just for tuners tho, instead of ricing your exotic, you can make your own gemballa ferrari, i think that's pretty awesome
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

TheStig wrote:If it allows to build complete custom bumpers I sure do hope you are able to import/export them so when real good model artist work on it we can download some really nice kits...

that IMO would be really nice. but I got the feeling it won't be that way.
Same here! In Sims 2 you could make a wide range of different faces. I mean, it wasn't limited to 6-8 combinations, but millions of them :P I made a replica of myself and it was REALLY close lol.

If there are enough parameters so that we will be able to design our OWN body kits, then I'm very excited about the game :P
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Harpal Hoonjan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Harpal Hoonjan »

I like the idea of customizing our body kits, but it’s kinda inappropriate since the game is all about “Need for Speed” But you never know…
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

If you can edit the existing bodykits, thats good enough. :D
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

it all sounds good, but knowing EA (how lazy they are and only after money) it wont be advanced enough to allow enough options and variations.... which would be a real shame
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

As mentioned many times before, undoubtedbly some ricer will go make 3 foot tall spoilers and bodykits that disinigrate when they hit a bump, but I really hope that we can make our own, custom kits from scratch :)

Which makes me think, will they be semetric, or will we have to draw it out to best of our standards? yikes.

I'm likin Darrens idea :lol:
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

I expect more ricers than ever before! IMO EA is just hyping this thing up... i think Autosculp is just a tool to change the dimensions of the existing kits just like the one they have on Street ver.3, Fight Night 3, NBA live where you can change body and face by adjusting its dimension, so i advice not to be carried away by what EA is saying. lower you're expectations it will be good for you. :wink:

If you ask me i still prefer those original bodykits available in the market though. For me what matters most is the gameplay and game physics... not the ricer stuff. 8)
Freeman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Freeman »

okay i think that you whith this think will be able to make your unik car(really unik) you can do your own vinyls ,bumpers,spoilers,hood's,etc .But hope they have optins in it not something like paint for 5 year's old's, we need to make real nice looking cars ,unik cars even more unik then UNG2 or UNG2 because in MW you don't have many body part to make your car unik but you have paint so hope we have a lot of option in the autosculpture thing
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

*****Unique

Return to “Carbon”