New NFSC Screenshots

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

There was a pic of the original bodykit of the EVO IX from the front and you could see that it was a 9 instead of a 8. but still it would be really easy for EA to change th bumpers and change the performance data abit to match the IX (and still make a mistake to leave it a 5 speed... seen them make that mistake before in U2 with the Supra :wink:)
same goes for the Mustang. the Shelby is indeed a diffirent car but the basics are still the same as the Mustang GT it only needs minor adjustsments and the textfile where all the engine and performance date is written should be changed. not that much work.

building a new car from the ground up is alot harder, and takes up alot more time.
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

2furio wrote:Ok, fair enough. I can barely read it (must be getting old :P) but fair enough. What about the EVO IX? Where did you see that?
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... &start=820
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

2furio wrote:SP4RCO, that's a really nice chart...you should honestly consider sending it to EA, can I post it on the EA NFS Boards? :P
hehe thx. Yes you can :lol: (I don't post there...)

If only the Autosculptâ„¢ thingie was useful and efficient, maybe the game will be nice. Let's wait and see ;)
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

the greenie one, eighter a RX7 or an 240SX, but mostly an RX, because the 240 is not that round modelled.

I hope they add the S2000, i really miss that car, the Skyline too(this car has great engine sound). I thought that the thing they didn`t add the S2000 in the last games, was beacuse they used the RX8, and they kinda look alike. Don`t want to see any Ferarri, or super Porsche`s, Lamborgini`s or those supa` fast cars ... Muscle cars and tunable cars, same as NFSU1 ... they should learn something of that F&F: Tokio Drift, did u guys saw any supercars there? ... I really liked that orange RX7(Han`s ride).
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

danyutz wrote:they should learn something of that F&F: Tokio Drift, did u guys saw any supercars there? ... I really liked that orange RX7(Han`s ride).
i'd agree with you if NFS:C was going to be primarily a drifting game. but it's not. from everything LaPierre (the lead man) has said, it's going to be touge racing. Touge racing is different from drifting. The objective is not to keep your car going sideways for as long as you can, but to pass your opponent while driving down narrow and winding mountain tracks. here, speed and traction and handling are extremely crucial. unless specially tuned, muscle cars will be too heavy to make the sharp turns, and most drifting cars will loose control around them.

now, before you start flaming me, here's where i'm getting this info on touge racing
LaPierre wrote:<i>[..about the boss races...]</i>
You have to match your opponents bumper-to-bumper. Get too close, and you're out, fall too far behind and you're out
and here's a description of touge
Wikipedia wrote:The lead car wins if the gap between the cars increases -- the following car wins if the gap stays the same from start to finish.
sound similar?

even though LaPierre is calling it drifting, it really isn't. but if we know EA, it'll probably end up being a mix. so you see, i don't agree with you that they should leave supercars out, because this won't be primarily a drifting game. and even then, what's the harm in leaving a couple of supercars in? official confirmation says there will be sprints.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

well, ok, but when I sayed that they should learn something from the movie, was about the cars, not anything else, i would like to see some drifting in it, that should be fun, i guess :)

in the 2nd pic, i see that the Evo has another FB, different from the other pics. About that EVO 9, the only thing that they changed is the FB, the headlights are a bit grey and the number, from 8 to 9, visual talking, dunno the performance :?:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The Evo 9 has a 6-speed gearbox while the Evo 8 has a 5-speed. there are some other performance tweaks, but that's the most major one.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

2furio wrote:Well, how do you know it's an EVO IX (so far, we have only seen pics of an EVO with that recycled MW kit) and how do you know the Mustang is a Shelby? It could be one of EA's bodykits, the same way they made the RX-8 Bodykit 1 look like the MazdaSpeed RX-8 bodykit (in MW).

The IX may have different performance but with EA's imaginary performance kits, it honestly won't matter...

LMFAO @ the last part.....yeah, performance kits........i can't wait to see all the "TJ's"(if they have em) but most likely they will......and ya know what???if they are as stupid as they were with Most Wanted......all the damn cars would show the same performance when topped out to the max :lol: :? :roll: but then again...in Most Wanted i had hit 260 with the Evo so who knows, maybe they will actually differenciate with the cars performances this time :lol: :roll:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

actually, the bars in Most Wanted are meaningless. i did a test recently using all cars with Junkman Parts (maxxed out the bars) and found some interesting results. the M3GTR Race never got tested because i was satisfied enough with the results i got.

<a href="http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... aph5rz.png" target="_blank">performance graph</a>

this isn't all the cars in the game, but it should give you an idea. i hope NFS:C incorporates the performance bars a little better.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

prince1142003 wrote:actually, the bars in Most Wanted are meaningless. i did a test recently using all cars with Junkman Parts (maxxed out the bars) and found some interesting results. the M3GTR Race never got tested because i was satisfied enough with the results i got.

<a href="http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... aph5rz.png" target="_blank">performance graph</a>

this isn't all the cars in the game, but it should give you an idea. i hope NFS:C incorporates the performance bars a little better.
umm, i think i basically said that when i stated that the evo hit 260 :lol: :? and yes the bars are meaningless, that's why i too think they should change that lil problem :lol:
nicolasmk2
Ricer
Ricer

INVOLUTION

Post by nicolasmk2 »

Up to Most Wanted, NFS series had a continous evolution. But with this screenshots...I´m thinking that I am witness of an INVOLUTION.....I´m only judgeing the pictures.

(sorry about my english if there is any mistake)
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

prince1142003 wrote:actually, the bars in Most Wanted are meaningless. i did a test recently using all cars with Junkman Parts (maxxed out the bars) and found some interesting results. the M3GTR Race never got tested because i was satisfied enough with the results i got.

WTF 12m/s^2 :shock:

that's like a 43km/h increase per second (average! so it may be 60km/h at 1st gear :roll:)

Hopefully nfs:c will be more realistic
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

prince dude, how did you do the test?
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Hahaha its simple all parts junkman and do the test!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The bars are not at all correct, the top speed in particular is useless.
with every performance part you added the top speed grew. while with most 5 speed cars you would top out at around 300 kmh very early on (if you drive on the streights you could easely reach the top speed of cars like the IS300 and the Cobalt SS, on the 6 speed cars it was slightly harder as soon as you got some power upgrades cause the top speed would really go up, stockwise you could reach it's top pretty easy.
But if you add part on a 5 speed car and the bar says the top is getting higher, infact you would still top out at exactly the same speed. unless you get a 6 speed box, cause then your top would go up very hard.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

danyutz wrote:prince dude, how did you do the test?
there's a program on nfscars.net that can measure top speed, and 0-60, 0-100 etc times. i just used that, a fairly straight track, and a few clever excel formulas.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

yes thank you ... that Mercedes SL has 7 speed gearbox :shock: :D
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The SL500 and the CLK500 had 7 speed seq auto gearboxes (the 7 speed is not a manual in real life :wink: The SL65 has a 5 speed automatic gearbox
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

So why did EA made a manual 7 speed?? They should put 6 manual!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Because you can set it to manual or automatic.. it's a game remember??
And because it has 7 gears originally. why make it 6?? the gears in the SL and CLK where pretty effective. they where nice cars for manual shifting even stockwise.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

I hate shifting in that cars! Toooo fast rising of rpm-s and you must shift soo fast!
BTW stig can you tell me where to download patch for my UG2 but EU version!
I wana play online but it says me that there is a patch released for playing online click ok if you wana quit the game and download patch or click cancel!
What to do?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

search google for Underground 2 EU patch. you should be able to find it.
ToKyO_Dr1ft
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ToKyO_Dr1ft »

i think it is a Skyline because the front bumper looks like the same one in nfsu.
I would like to know if the camaro 67' will be in the game. i like that car
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

ToKyO_Dr1ft wrote:i think it is a Skyline because the front bumper looks like the same one in nfsu.
If you mean on green car on 3rd pic here is gun so you can kill yourself! ok?

Gun ---> --ˇˇ
________
| _______|
| |----|
|_|

It's loaded don't worry just shoot! ok? :wink:

Thanx stig but I have download some patches allready and nothing! Does it change something if I mention that it's not original CD? :oops:
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

Kid Cro wrote:
ToKyO_Dr1ft wrote:i think it is a Skyline because the front bumper looks like the same one in nfsu.
If you mean on green car on 3rd pic here is gun so you can kill yourself! ok?

Gun ---> --ˇˇ
________
| _______|
| |----|
|_|

It's loaded don't worry just shoot! ok? :wink:

Thanx stig but I have download some patches allready and nothing! Does it change something if I mention that it's not original CD? :oops:
in that case go here >>> warez link removed <<<<
they have cracks for the .exe files in the game themselves....and NO IT"S NOT WAREZ...they are totally legal because you can make your own using game jackal...some people just decide to upload there's because they put edits in them like taking out the front entrance of the games...that should help you out...well atleast i hope it does :D :lol:

Return to “News”