Graphic Card problems

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Um actually when creating game companies analyze what type of gfx major part of gamers have. Right now pretty much everyone is upgrading. Even i myself finally made it out of my 2.0Ghz geforce4 MX.
Pasf22
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Pasf22 »

Abrams wrote:Um actually when creating game companies analyze what type of gfx major part of gamers have. Right now pretty much everyone is upgrading. Even i myself finally made it out of my 2.0Ghz geforce4 MX.
THAT IS THE PROBLEM.....We have just been upgraded from the obselete pentium 1 last year...........and i just found out that our gfx card is almost obselete....and we cannot upgrade anymore
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

You didn't upgrade properly, your own fault. Not everyone wants to be stuck with the same old graphics, we want improvement.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Pasf22 wrote:
Abrams wrote:Um actually when creating game companies analyze what type of gfx major part of gamers have. Right now pretty much everyone is upgrading. Even i myself finally made it out of my 2.0Ghz geforce4 MX.
THAT IS THE PROBLEM.....We have just been upgraded from the obselete pentium 1 last year...........and i just found out that our gfx card is almost obselete....and we cannot upgrade anymore
Exactly my friend, you had too wide gap between your upgrades. I would say that perfect upgrade timing is from 2 to 5 years at most.

When upgrading best bet is to build a powerfull base of your PC that can be later improved. Base means your mainboard and processor. If those two are powerfull enough you can run them for a good few years even just pluggin in new gfx and memory.

More of that a half-fine budget PC would cost you about 300$ at most without monitor.
That kind of PC will run pretty much any of the modern games but at lowest settings possible.
Pasf22
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Pasf22 »

PSZeTa wrote:You didn't upgrade properly, your own fault. Not everyone wants to be stuck with the same old graphics, we want improvement.
tnx a lot........now i'm thinking about killing my bro for saying the word "sorry (in a very insulting intonation)" when he found out that our gfx card is not compatible in nfs carbon............and now he too busy playing RF extreme...and i can't play carbon......
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Pasf22 wrote:
GeForce4 MX series is like 4 years old, for one ...

Secondly, it's based on the GeForce2, which is 6 years old ...

It's your own fault that you bought what was 5-year-old technology a year ago ...
Last edited by Jmac- on 04 Dec 2006, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Abrams wrote:
Pasf22 wrote:
Exactly my friend, you had too wide gap between your upgrades. I would say that perfect upgrade timing is from 2 to 5 years at most.

When upgrading best bet is to build a powerfull base of your PC that can be later improved. Base means your mainboard and processor. If those two are powerfull enough you can run them for a good few years even just pluggin in new gfx and memory.

More of that a half-fine budget PC would cost you about 300$ at most without monitor.
That kind of PC will run pretty much any of the modern games but at lowest settings possible.
You're not going to be able to upgrade every 5 years and continue playing the latest and greatest games ... 3 years should be a maximum ...
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Dude, I have been running my 2.0Ghz pretty much since 2001/2002 just switching more RAM and getting the GeForce4 MX card. But still RAM was pretty much same mhz so no major improvement from it.

Theres different types of upgrade, PC upgrade and part upgrade. I chosed to just wait and upgrade PC overall and now ill just stick more stuff into it over time.
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Those were both released in 2002 and you weren't playing the latest and greatest games last year with a GeForce4 MX ...

I should know as I was running a decently overclocked GeForce4 MX440 (325/500 from 270/400) in early 2005 and couldn't play some games at all and a lot of games had to be played at the lowest settings ...

Thus, my point of 3 years as a maximum IF you want to keep playing ALL of the latest and greatest games ...
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

BrontoX wrote:Sorry about that i wrote that in a hurry.

Answer to problem:
You set your GFX on quality not performance so set it on Performance
That's not a solution, because my card should run it in High settings. There's no point in running the game in the lowest settings..

And I had the MX440 before this one! That card sucks, the main reason why I bought the 6600GT, but this card just gives my problems too... :(
Pasf22
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Pasf22 »

Jmac- wrote:
Pasf22 wrote:
GeForce4 MX series is like 4 years old, for one ...

Secondly, it's based on the GeForce2, which is 6 years old ...

It's your own fault that you bought what was 5-year-old technology a year ago ...
ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!.....it's my bro's fault for buying that d*mn MX-series..........it's because it's d*mn cheap!!!!!!!!!!!..........

.....got d*mnmmit why is everybody blame me!!!!!.....

just asking.............is NBA LIVE 2007 also not compatible to the MX-series gfx card????

if it is...........i can't wait to tell them that they need to change that d*mn gfx card........
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

whoa man slow down =; whose computer is it ?
Pasf22
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Pasf22 »

darknight788 wrote:whoa man slow down =; whose computer is it ?
its our family computer......me and my bros share it..........and since most of us works.... were responsible for taking care\fix\(if possible)upgrade........ the family computer.............
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

depending on who bought the gfx card from where bestbuy, fry's, etc they should return it and then you and your brother should both put money in on something like a 7600 GS,GT, w/e
Pasf22
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Pasf22 »

darknight788 wrote:depending on who bought the gfx card from where bestbuy, fry's, etc they should return it and then you and your brother should both put money in on something like a 7600 GS,GT, w/e
yes i know..........that's why i am asking if NBA live 2007 did'nt support the MX series......so they will agree on me about replacing the gfx card
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

Pasf22 wrote:
darknight788 wrote:depending on who bought the gfx card from where bestbuy, fry's, etc they should return it and then you and your brother should both put money in on something like a 7600 GS,GT, w/e
yes i know..........that's why i am asking if NBA live 2007 did'nt support the MX series......so they will agree on me about replacing the gfx card
It doesn't support the MX series ...

Your computer must meet the following system requirements to run this game.
The game may not run, or you may experience decreased performance on computers that do not fulfil these requirements.

OPERATING SYSTEM
- Windows XP SP2 or Windows 2000 SP4
(Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows ME and Windows XP 64bit are not
supported)

CPU
- 1.3 GHz Intel Pentium III or higher

MEMORY
- 256 MB RAM

HARD DRIVE SPACE
- 3700 MB free hard drive space

GRAPHICS
- DirectX 9.0c Compatible Video card
(see supported video cards in section 1.c)

DVD-ROM
- DVD-ROM drive

AUDIO
- Sound card with DirectSound support and DirectX 9.0c compatible driver

INTERNET
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1

DIRECTX
- DirectX 9.0c

INPUT DEVICES
- Keyboard
- Mouse

Supported 3D Graphic Accelerators

ATI Radeon 7500, ATI Radeon 8500, ATI Radeon 9000, ATI Radeon 9100,
ATI Radeon 9200, ATI Radeon 9500, ATI Radeon 9600, ATI Radeon 9700,
ATI Radeon 9800, Radeon Xpress 200, ATI Radeon X300, ATI Radeon X550,
ATI Radeon X600, ATI Radeon X700, ATI Radeon X800, ATI Radeon X850,
ATI Radeon X1300, ATI Radeon X1600, ATI Radeon X1800, ATI Radeon X1900
Intel 915, Intel 945/950,
NVIDIA GeForce3 series, NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti series, NVIDIA GeForce FX series,
NVIDIA GeForce 6200, NVIDIA GeForce 6600, NVIDIA GeForce 6800,
NVIDIA GeForce 7300,NVIDIA GeForce 7600, NVIDIA GeForce 7800,
NVIDIA GeForce 7900, NVIDIA SLI Technology.

***NOTE: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work, but are not officially
supported. The NVIDIA GeForce2/4 MX series are also not supported.
Ensure that you have the latest display driver installed from the vendor’s
official website: http://www.ati.com, http://www.nvidia.com, http://www.intel.com.

Game performance is enhanced as system specification increases

Return to “The Hardware & Software”