NFSC in October ?

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

hah. thought so. the game engine in carbon looks like a more polished version of the one in Most Wanted.
Burn-Exhaust
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Burn-Exhaust »

Maybe the single mode its going to be more cool until now....but the online mode its going down ... like they did with MW. I've bought the last 3 series for online mode ( i've played in online mode until the next nfs was on), not for single mode cuz the single can be finished in couple of houres... i think that EA is rushing again and i belive that a lot of players will be disappointed ( i hope i'm wrong about NFSC )
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

arushan wrote:They started working on Carbon before MW was released. There are references to Carbon in the MW data files. I bet they started planning the next NFS already.
EA is working ahead of every game. so I would not be suprised if they are already working on NFS 11... suprised is not the correct work, I am positive that they are already working on it.
but that doesn't make it a good thing. cause the time they spend on the next version before the release of the upcomming game. could be used on polishing the game they are going to release. and for watchin the comments from the gamers after the first screenshots. to see if they missed something that could well be very important.

but they already got $$$ in their eyes.. and looking to far ahead.
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

Tyrant wrote:The faster they finish this game, the sooner they can start with a new freshy NFS game, which will be good (unlike Carbon).
How do you know Carbon won'tl be good? And how do you know they won't continue the streak they have been having with NFS games?
Tier 1: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tier 2: Dodge Charger SRT-8
Tier 3: Dodge Challenger Concept
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

Lol.......seriously...think about it....IMO.....EA can never release a GREAT game, especially in the nfs line...why.....because they know that when you make a GREAT game, you're gonna have to make a GREATER game to top it if you want to keep the series going.......that's why there has been alot of repeat in the games, especially when it comes to the customizations........and as for carbon being a good game.....trust me.....like all the others, i'm pretty sure EA left out some great segment or idea for carbon that would make it a GREAT game.....just like they have done with all the others.....according to them............"We are focusing on a specific idea for this game"<<that's what they said about most wanted...and what was it they said they were focusing on...Cop chases....and left out most of the customizations......

so all in all.......EA will never come out with a GREAT GAME unless it was by accident.......don't believe me....sit down and play UG1, UG2, then Most wanted one after the other......... :roll: :lol: :?
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

The reality of it is that this game only exists in the way it is because of a certain movie that just came out. THIS is why this game is going to suck. Hard. It is also why the first NFS wasn't really that great. It was based off of the first movie in *that* series. Deny it all you want, but you know it's true.

I don't expect anything good to come of this game, seeing how it's only purpose will be to appeal to fans of the movie. Most Wanted was good because it wasn't copying off a movie. It was introducing new game modes, much superior graphics to the prior version, and an excellent list of cars. It also wasn't copying off of a movie.

Really. The ricer thing has been around for years now, time to put it to rest. Lets focus on performance and racing again. Not looks, chicks and "gangsta" crap.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Hmmm... Then play GT4!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Kid Cro wrote:Hmmm... Then play GT4!
yeah, but if you have a PS2 only. I doubt if a PC user can play it, unless you use an emulator, but it isn't the same. I agree with some dudes here. NFS is going down, "in SPIRAL to the ground". No big changes in the series, i mean, no "innovate" things that keep you entertained. Look UG2, it's the SAME U1 with a big city and more tuning options, and MW, well a "big" step, but they keep in the same line as other NFS U series. I hope that in NFS C, they REALISE what they've done in previous games, it's hard as we see in U2, but they will realise what the hell are they doing.

LaPierre, please READ the damn forums and READ what OURS want, at least if you do something GOOD, we we'll pay for a GOOD NFS GAME, not CRAP.
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

EA hardly care about their games, It's like Microsoft, only for the money. I know thats what a business is about but Games released on steam is most likely to care about their gamers, why you ask? Steam when in online mode has the ability to track certain things in a game what players do and send them to whoever. Then the next game gets better. (I read somet like this in pcgamer) EA have so much money they but they ain't willing to spend it on making a decent one. But hey whats the point of saying all this, EA don't give a crap and they ain't gonna read this.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

WonkaVW wrote:
I don't expect anything good to come of this game, seeing how it's only purpose will be to appeal to fans of the movie. Most Wanted was good because it wasn't copying off a movie. It was introducing new game modes, much superior graphics to the prior version, and an excellent list of cars. It also wasn't copying off of a movie.
Underground 1 was NOT the first NFS!!!
The first NFS was build 10! years ago and called Road and Track Presents: The Need for Speed. and was build as a very high detail very realistic racer with fast sports cars ranging from the Toyota Supra to the Corvette and 911 Turbo.

EA made some really good NFS games, games like NFS Hot Pursuit, NFS High stakes and don't forget NFS Porsche Unleashed.

It went pretty much downhill after Underground, NFS U1 was a nice original game, it was the first real customisation game. but it became so popular that the racegame world was flooded with streetrace/customize games.
NFS MW was a better game cause it let go of the tuning as most important aspect of the game, and back abit to it roots. wich is racing in fast sportscars and dodging the police while you compete for the first place.
It is not that NFS was always about exotics, It was always about fast and often expensive sports cars.
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

xturbo wrote:LaPierre, please READ the damn forums and READ what OURS want, at least if you do something GOOD, we we'll pay for a GOOD NFS GAME, not CRAP.
If you pay for crap, or pay for something good, what's the difference, you still give them your money. :wink:
Tier 1: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Tier 2: Dodge Charger SRT-8
Tier 3: Dodge Challenger Concept
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Stig, it's pointless to educate this new breed of NFS "fans". To them, High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed and other great classics are a myth.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

2furio wrote:Stig, it's pointless to educate this new breed of NFS "fans". To them, High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed and other great classics are a myth.
I really liked High Stakes 8)
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

Y is everyone complaining, im personally lookin forward to this game and im pretty sure thousands r too.

the guys who kept sayin that "OH!!! Its just a copy of FnF!!!" let me tell u somthin.

if u have somethin against customization then dont do it and just because its night time racing automatically makes this game a remake of U2 and a copy of Tokyo Drift.

Sure the game's not like like it was about 4 years ago but the reality is that many street races take place at night because of less traffic. How many times do u see ppl racing during the day huh. Its not that i dont like day time racing, im just makin a point

if u think im just a ricer fan let me tell u this, i have every NFS game and i still think all of them r great. Yes even U and U2. Because i just like cars in general.

for u smart a$$es who kept sayin that this games gonna suck, shut up. We bariley no anythin about this game and ur just judging the game buy its screens, ur not gettin the whole picture.

So the ppl out there who r dising the game ALREADY, stop it plz and dont ruin it for others.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well I kinda agree with you about judging the game allready!
I love evry NFS game no matter what! At least evry new NFS have some new cars so I can tune them and enjoy!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I'll diss and hate Carbon as much as I want to. Why? Because I have the right to. Because EA is money and power-hungry and I hate the company. EA is not what it used to be, they don't dedicate their time in creating a good game, they don't have passion for making video games anymore.

First impressions are always important to games and so far most people are unimpressed. I was impressed by the first information and pictures of MW and in the end, the game was as I was expected. Game developers know they need to make a good first impression because that's what will draw customers to the game.

All this, "oh, don't judge the game until you play it" is bulls**t, especially when it comes to new NFS games. All the new NFS games (from UG) played in a similar manner and the AI is pretty much the same and I know what to expect from them.
hammerspeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hammerspeed »

Firts off, if u hate EA and NFS so much then y r u a member on this site.

also i never said u couldnt dis Carbon, i just said that u should stop so that it doesnt ruin it for others

and third u never no how good the game is until u play it. Yes i no that to u thats BS but thats the truth about it. EA always has somthin different in there games, weather its physics or a new AI ect. Ur just judging the game from previous NFS games and thats not right.

like i said before, we hardly no anythin bout the game and ppl r ALREADY judging the game.

some ppl need to be alot more patient we it comes to info.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I'm a member of this site because this site is not only about NFS Carbon, it's also about the great, classic NFS and the times when EA was dedicated to making games. I also like this site because there are a lot of people who agree with me but lately, there seems to be an onslaught of members who don't know about the classic NFS games. And the fact is that I'm not ruining for anyone because a lot of people on this board feel the same way. So, if you want people who are excited about every picture EA releases for NFS, take a trip to the EA NFS boards.

Also, the physics and the AI in the last 2 NFS games have been the same...crappy. And what does Carbon offer new? Team-based racing (ripped-off uiced)? Free roam? (been there, done that).
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

hammerspeed wrote:Yes i no that to u thats BS but thats the truth about it.
Are you sure you don't Yes?
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

99k wrote:EA hardly care about their games, It's like Microsoft, only for the money. I know thats what a business is about
Every business has to make money and that's one of the most important, if not, most important goal.
99k wrote:but Games released on steam is most likely to care about their gamers, why you ask? Steam when in online mode has the ability to track certain things in a game what players do and send them to whoever. Then the next game gets better. (I read somet like this in pcgamer)
The reason they're improving their games is because they want to SELL. There are tons of other shooters outside to buy instead of Steam shooters. EA doesn't have to do this shiznit because NFS is very f-ing popular and there are a few to none other racers that can match NFS. The games aren't that bad, they just don't have the quality anymore.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

I don't agree! I think that NFS is going in the right way! I mean there is no right and wrong way coz Game industry is forcing them to make games like U,U2 and MW!
What is now popular??? Hmmm... lemme see
Street Racing??!! YES! What EA is doing??? Street Racing games!!
Evrything pull the line!
Why are cars so fu*ked up those days??? Coz they have a lot of electronics and if car stop you can pell off coz what can you do?? Nothing you must call service coz they hook up car to the computer and they know what is broken! But why cars have that much el.?? Becouse industry of evrything is making a step forward!
So EA is folowing that step!I don't say that they are good but at least they are trying! :wink:
And I think that NFSC will be great game so as MW! You all complaine about AI but so what why do you care so much!
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

Kid Cro wrote:You all complaine about AI but so what why do you care so much!
Perhaps because the AI is one of the most important things in a racing game?
Good AI is the key for a good game, no matter what kind of game it is.
SparcoPusher
Banned

Post by SparcoPusher »

2furio wrote:Stig, it's pointless to educate this new breed of NFS "fans". To them, High Stakes, Porsche Unleashed and other great classics are a myth.
damn dude, there you go flaming people again :roll: some of us might be new, but it's what we like and don't like about the games that matter........but the main point is exactly this......Some of us like it......and some of us don't....but we still play it......because if we don't....who else would???? :roll: :lol: :? :idea:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

That is not flaming. I didn't see any name calling or personal attacks. so I don't see any flaming.
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

i think my dad still has road and track and the original need for speed 2.

Return to “News”