How fast is your internet connection?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

I have dialup, 56kb/s :x
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Ouch man , I feel your pain . My Grandad has it aswell and he asked me to sort it out for . I just told him to get Broadband tho :D
Dizzi
Professional
Professional

Post by Dizzi »

PSZeTa wrote:
Dizzi wrote:my internet connection seems to get slower as my lil bro puts more crap on the comp!
[nerdmode]Impossible since your internet speed doesn't depend on your PC, unless the crap on the PC completely clogs your connection by downloading shiznit or something[/nerdmode]
it seems to get slower. the mor junk on the computer, the slower the whole thing gets in general :(
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

[Goes into IT Professional Mode]

Your PC will slow down, the more shizzle that is installed on it. When I bought this PC about 3 years ago, it booted in about 10 seconds flat. I've never reinstalled it since it was new (I love Windows XP Pro, I was reinstalling 98/ME and even 2K every 3 months!), it now takes about a minute to boot. Short of blatting the hard drive and reinstalling from scratch, I would suggest the following:

As was suggested, remove any spyware/check for viruses (apparently viruses is the correct plural BTW, I always thought it was virii).

I would also run "checkdisk" on the PC's system drive (normally drive c: ), clear out your temporary files/temporary internet files and do a full defrag of the system drive (c: ).

Also check for how much free space is available on c: as your PC will use free space on the system drive (normally, depending on how Windows is setup) as Virtual Memory. Clearing out the temp files should free up quite a bit, anyway.

[/IT Professional Mode]

Hope this helps.

EDITED due to presence of &^%*ing annoying smilies every time I tried to type C: :twisted:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

DarrenR21373 wrote:EDITED due to presence of &^%*ing annoying smilies every time I tried to type C: :twisted:
You can disable smilies - see the attached pic.

In any case, can we get back to the topic please?
Attachments
untitled.JPG
eggeman32
Stock
Stock

my speed is

Post by eggeman32 »

1463 @1.5mbps 93 @ 120kbps
:l
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Download Speed : 850 kbps
Upload Speed : 156 kbps

WTF!! You know how that crap works?? He is downloading MB-s to find out download speed and for upload doing the same thing! Look how your MB-s are going fast in internet connection info!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Do what with the what now? Either you just stated the obvious, or are making no sense at all, I can't tell.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

:D I know I sux in explainings! When you are connected you can see 2 litlle screens in your toolbar! Double click will open menu window and you will see how your MB-s are rising up! But when you are checking your speed at that site MB-s are going crazy and they are rising up soooooo fast! Probably it's obvious! :D
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
nanbane
Stock
Stock

Re: How fast is your internet connection?

Post by nanbane »

My internet speed results are :

upload speed:0.52 kbps
download speed:1.96 kbps

I check my internet speed here , i got the best & accurate results for my internet speed test and i download it without flash or java or any other add on..........
jdgh12
Stock
Stock

Post by jdgh12 »

i went to comcast and switched my old internet modem for a wireless gateway modem. model ARRIS TG852G/CT. i want to see how fast of a wired internet connection this modem is really giving me. i would also like to check how fast of a wireless internet connection this modem is really giving me. how would i check how fast both these connections are? im supposed to be getting 12-15mbps but sometimes it seems like im not getting those kinda speeds. i sure n hell aint getting 12-15mbps for a wireless connection because if i was i wouldnt loose connection while playing cod online. that happens at least once sometimes twice each time i play cod. anyone help? and how would i speed up my wireless connection so its the same speed at my wired connection? if thats even possible
nagma
Stock
Stock

Post by nagma »

I am using the 2Mbps Connection i am paying $50 USD...My uploading speed is 0.564Mbps and Downloading speed is 1.856Mbps.I checked the speed at Scanmyspeed. com
ProRouge
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ProRouge »

My internet connection's download speed is 5Mbit/sec.I works really good.
http://www.themodernman.com/how_to_be_a_player.html
okuhle94
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by okuhle94 »

I got a 1Mbps ADSL Line (1Mbps down, 512kbps up). I know, my line is crappy. Its just got upgraded from 384kbps (384kbps down, 128kbps up).

Return to “General Discussion”