What Phone Do You Have?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Re: What Phone Do You Have?

Post by peterfaj »

I wanted to buy an iPhone, because it's got the best touchscreen (and multi-touchscreen at that) and the best UI, but it lacks a lot of features and the specs aren't really great. It's not perfect at all. I'd still buy it, but the price is way too high for such an imperfect phone.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I dunno what you're talking about. It's pretty much perfect for me. I haven't found anything that it can't do and that I want it to do. APART from the lousy battery life, but hey, I charge my phone every day anyways.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Bluetooth file transfer for one. Bad camera for another one. I don't know all the problems, but I know there's a lot. I've heard lots of people complain.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Camera is good. But everything HAS to go through iTunes to get to the iPhone and vice-versa, and that's the only gripe I have. It's wayy too long winded, and I can't stand that. My Motorola RAZR2 V9 has been serving me well. :)

And resorting to Jailbreaking is almost a must, otherwise the iPhone is merely a phone with an advanced touch screen device. I hate hacking things, especially a device which I rely on everyday. If it mysteriously crashes, hallelujah.....
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

When does the next iPhone come?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

This year, but not sure which quarter.
Preciptions
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Preciptions »

peterfaj wrote:When does the next iPhone come?
I searched for it, it will come out this year 2009, June the 14th (Maybe!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(HMR)
Get The Bleach!
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

peterfaj wrote:Bluetooth file transfer for one. Bad camera for another one. I don't know all the problems, but I know there's a lot. I've heard lots of people complain.
Bluetooth transfer: Yes, I guess it doesn't have that. Maybe in a firmware update. :O
And the camera is something I do not care for at all. I have a real camera anyways.

iTunes is truly a booboo to go through, and I still can't delete a photo that I uploaded through it. It's really dumb. That's the only gripe I have with apple. shiznit iPhone/iPod software.
I'm oh so hoping for a custom EQ app or something on my iPhone. I'm tired of using the flat preset because it's the only one that sounds good, but the highs are too high for my headphones, making it unbearable to listen to metal and hard rock and "s" sounds.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I think the EQ thing is based on the iPod, and I really hate the fact that we can't custom-tune it. If Apple decides to enable personalized EQ presets on the iPhone (which I highly doubt so), we can look forward to having that option for the new generation of iPods this year. :)

Part of me is predicting that the only way we can do that (hypothetically speaking) would be only through iTunes' synchronization, just like how we've been syncing our music.

I'm waiting for the next keynote speech from Jobs. :D
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

The iPods and iPhones don't have EQ?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I mean they do, but they come as presets. We're referring to customizable EQ's, and not always be incarcerated to the stupid presets Apple provided us.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Even my phone has customizable EQ and it's old and crappy.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

So I've come to like the "side-slide" smartphones with the QWERTY keypads. So much that I want to buy one to upgrade from my G800. There's three I've really come to love, one isn't a slider but rather a touchscreen, and they are:

- HTC Touch Pro
- HTC Touch HD (touchscreen...also quite a bit more expensive)
- Sony Ericsson (or however it's spelt lol) Xperia X1.

My main gripes with the Touch Pro and Xperia is that they apparently have major lag spikes compared to other Windows 6.1 phones, but they're also the two phones I really want to buy...I'm leaning towards the Touch Pro though because of the arguably better keypad and in my opinion it looks better.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:Sony Ericsson (or however it's spelt lol)
Yeah it is hadr too speel. You just need to remember the double s, which isn't hard if you know anything about history. It's probably the same idea like johnson and jackson, you can break it into "Eric's son". And it's a Swedish company, so it has to be something with Eric.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

The Xperia sucks, it's mainly for the good looks. I'm getting the W810 (woot!)
oh snap
iBrahim
Ricer
Ricer

Post by iBrahim »

Ive got the iPhone, and it has some draw backs.
It's more of it like a small computer, with all those applications and stuff. And a bit of 'I got the iPhone' show-off.
But seriously, without jailbreaking your iPhone; it dosen't worth the money.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

That's what most ppl say. The others say they're too scared to jailbreak it and make other ppl scared too, so they feel almost normal.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Proud jailbroken iPhone here
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I don't know why everyone is so scared of jailbreaking their iPhones. Back up your data and ask a friend who has done it to advise you on jailbreaking. If you fail, so what? Your data is backed up and you can try again; your iPhone isn't going to implode if you don't do it properly.
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I was thinking about buying an iPhone, but I didn't because it's from Apple. I hate Apple. I like apples, but don't want a bitten one.
Reasons:
1.) It means it's overpriced. No doubts about it.
2.) It means it's hardware is probably obsolete. (true about their PCs (irony), not really sure about their other stuff)

iPhones and iPods look to me like they'll break any time now. Idk why...

I just need a phone that can share files via bluetooth, has a scientific calculator built in (I need it in school) and play mp3s. Sadly, my phone only does the last one.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Here's what I normally say to people who're looking to buy IPhones:
For a little bit more in terms of price, you can get a touchscreen Windows Mobile phone that is more extensible and customizable, and even features an addon to turn the interface into an IPhone-like interface. Plus you don't have to jailbreak, and connecting to a PC works out of the box for most modern computers. No need to mess with ITunes or anything.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

But being the teenager that I am, there is an endless amount of games on the iPhone, and even if you get a windows mobile phone and customize it to have an iPhone theme, it will still lag. I've seen multiple videos and they all lag, but the iPhone interface is smooth, and that's what I love about apple. They have the nicest and smoothest interfaces for everything.

Windows Mobile is for heavy business users that dont give two sh*ts about games or the flow of the system.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I don't know why the videos you've seen lag. I've played with an iPhone, and the plugin I've used to create the iPhone interface on my phone has never lagged, except when I have about 5 or 6 apps open at once.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

And it's also got multitouch... <3

Everyone likes different things. Meh :P
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yeah, I agree.

But I have to admit, I find WM 6.5 more than makes up for the sleek interface of the iPhone.

Return to “General Discussion”