NFS Carbon partners with 55DSL for fashion streetwear

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS Carbon partners with 55DSL for fashion streetwear

Post by Bojan »

A press release by EA:
Electronic Arts Inc. today announced that fashion street wear brand 55DSL will be coming to Need for Speed™ Carbon. Exclusively designed items from 55DSL, plus a selection of garments from their ‘Zurka and the 55 Vagabonds’ winter collection, will feature prominently on key in-game characters in the game,developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, British Columbia. Need for Speed ™ Carbon delivers the next generation of adrenaline-filled street racing and will challenge players to face the ultimate test of driving skill on treacherous canyon roads..

55DSL items are specifically tailored to the game, bringing with them the unique style and tone of the brand. Exclusively designed clothing for the game , will be available only through local EA events around the world and pre-order campaigns.

Andrea Rosso, the Creative Director of 55DLS is enthusiastic, “When the opportunity to work with EA, and in particular Need for Speed™ Carbon, came along, it seemed like a natural progression for us. I’m a gamer and I’m going to play this game for sure so to see characters wearing our exclusively designed t-shirts and other items, is really amazing for me.”

“This partnership adds another layer of authenticity to our role in street culture”, says Larry LaPierre, Executive Producer. “Having 55DSL integrated so tightly within Need for Speed™ Carbon adds an increased sense of realism to the game and gives fans the opportunity to wear exclusively designed items that brings them closer to the action.”
Last edited by Bojan on 02 Aug 2006, 12:48, edited 1 time in total.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Woohoo! EA sells out (again)! :D
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

55DSL .. not bad ...i really dont care though

Nothing about the game :cry:
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Then why'd you even bother to post here?

Should be fun to see what sort of designs (or lack of) come from this little venture, heck I might even buy it if it's good....
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

branded clothes, that`s awesome! EA are going tot the limits with the realism
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

mhm and what is 55DSL?? I don't get what is all about!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

a clothes brand mate ... correct me if I'm wrong
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

whoa... so this is where the money saved from cancelling E3 is going...
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

Could it be possible that because of that now people want to buy the game and clothes more? :roll: But anyways the game feels more realistic, now they dont just wear some cheap clothes. :lol:
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

lol, i made some digging about 55DSL, look what I`ve found http://www.55dsl.com/home/ ... i`d really like to wear those clothes .. stylish clothes, perfect for street racers
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

yeah, you're right. those clothes are what i would expect an illicit street racer to wear.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

WOW EA did it again.... to find a way to get more money!

Great EA...

very interesting.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I wouldnt wear the clothing.. just not my style...
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

Perhaps you can custom order the clothing you want later on with Autosculpt.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I don't like this.....it's just "nfs game has sold out" this time.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

BluePhirePB wrote:Perhaps you can custom order the clothing you want later on with Autosculpt.
what? man, you won't be in a GTA game, you will see the car, not the driver, the clothes will appear in the movies, the actors will wear them
I wouldnt wear the clothing.. just not my style...
the driver will :P
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

And how do you know that?? Have you seen the scenes?? No so how can you talk about it! Maybe you would be able to see the driver and his clothes!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Kid Cro wrote:And how do you know that?? Have you seen the scenes?? No so how can you talk about it! Maybe you would be able to see the driver and his clothes!
Maybe you should read the press release again, especially the last 2 lines in paragraph 3.

Edit: Since its about the driver, i doubt you will even be able to see him, just like NFSMW.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

Kid Cro wrote:And how do you know that?? Have you seen the scenes?? No so how can you talk about it! Maybe you would be able to see the driver and his clothes!
oh well the driver will wear crap clothes, like the other guys in the nfs series, but the actors will wear them, if not them, who will wear them Kid Cro? i didn`t see any scenes or anything, i`m just supposing .. jeez many tense mates around here :roll:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

nah, it's just Kid Cro.

i have yet to see any screenies where you can see the driver. in fact, i have yet to see any screenies where you can clearly see the inside of the car.

the clothes will be worn by the actors in the FMV sequences.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Sorry no offence! I'm saying that driver will wear clothes but we will not be able to see the drive's clothes onyl on movies!
BluePhirePB
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BluePhirePB »

danyutz wrote:
BluePhirePB wrote:Perhaps you can custom order the clothing you want later on with Autosculpt.
what? man, you won't be in a GTA game, you will see the car, not the driver, the clothes will appear in the movies, the actors will wear them
Dude, are you retarded? That was suppose to be a joke about using Autosculpt to select the close you want to wear in real life.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

So I guess this is what EA meant when they said the money going into E3 was rather spent on product development. :roll: Give me a break. EA has sunk to new low levels. If they wanted to offer the consumers a more realistic feel to the game, start with the handling of the cars.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Well this is the easyer way isn't it? :wink: Even is useless!

Return to “News”