CTD after defeating BL #8

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
rayman
Stock
Stock

CTD after defeating BL #8

Post by rayman »

Howdy. I have been playing Most Wanted a bit over the last few days - having a blast. I fully updated it to 1.3 before starting a career (and am not using a cracked version of the game).

Upon defeating "Jewels" (Blacklist Eight) I crash to desktp and get no credit for defeating her. I have finished both races numerous times but always have the same problem - after the drag race I never quite get to the loading screen, the sound stutters and down to the desktop I go.

If anyone has a solution, savegame just after beating Jewels, or can point me to a savegame editor that will allow me to edit my specific point in the career I would appreciate it. I don't care about money or cars - just want to continue the story.... thanks in advance.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

got to mydocuments/mostwanted/your savegame and make a copy of it on your desktop then re-install the game. then put your savegame back that should fix your problem sounds like a bad installation MW is full of bugs :roll:
rayman
Stock
Stock

Post by rayman »

Well, success! I googled and found someone else with the exact same problem seven months ago on another board - they never got any suggestions. I wasn't hopeful - but am very appreciative now. Thanks!

Off to kick Kaze in the butt....
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Err..Good Luck....by the way the same thing happened to me but
It was after the last race with Razor

Return to “Help & Support”