Carbon PC System Requirements

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

oh god....the amount of RAM doesnt have anything to do with loading time.

If you take a game and plug it onto DDR II 667 Mhz but 512Mb and on DDR I 400Mhz but 1048Mb the first one will load faster but FPS will be lower as memory amount is smaller.

I myself dont think it will not work perfectly on 512Mb...1 GB isnt a minimum even for high-end shooter games where you do need both speed and capacity.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

dawnpatrolrjl1 wrote:That's why I think is better to buy a PS2 or XBOX 360 and stuff cuz you don't have to worry if your pc can run or not the game! You just buy it and you will know for sure that it will run perfectly... :wink:
Yeah, but PC's pwns consoles in terms of visual detail.

The requirements aren't high, if you could play MW, you should be able to play Carbon. I don't think the amount of RAM given is a requirement as much as it is a suggestion.
_Mike_
Ricer
Ricer

Post by _Mike_ »

Heck, I'm not gonna spend all my money (well actually my parents' money, I'm 15) on this resource-eyesight-$$$$-hogging PC...and especially for a game with such, IMO, uninspired visuals like Carbon...of course, I want the game, but definately not for the graphics, more for the tuning part. I guess the 512RAM, 2.0 Ghz Athlon and the Radeon 9550 128MB will have to "take the heat" this time; if not, it ain't going to be a big loss...
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

it will work ok imo, maybe not even medium-high options but medium-low should be perfectly fine.
SPiLLER
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SPiLLER »

i must buy a new video for carbon ...(mx user here) hm...and what's that gig of ram? kinda much.... :?
T-Shine
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by T-Shine »

:lol: Test Drive Unlimited FTW!

Ah, just joking ... kind of ... I think ...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Abrams wrote:oh god....the amount of RAM doesnt have anything to do with loading time.
Somehow my MW loading times went way faster after I got a 1GB kit..
xHaZxMaTx wrote:Yeah, but PC's pwns consoles in terms of visual detail.
Though most people say the same thing you said, they're complaining that they have to upgrade their PCs over and over again.

It doesn't make sense.
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

Those are very generous requirements. Anyone who can't meet them really shouldn't even be considering any type of gaming on their PC. 1GB of RAM is a standard amount this day in age, you can pick up a gig of cheap stuff for as little as $60.

I was honestly expecting the requirements to be a little more strict, especially on the video cards and CPU requirement.
PSZeTa wrote:
Abrams wrote:oh god....the amount of RAM doesnt have anything to do with loading time.
Somehow my MW loading times went way faster after I got a 1GB kit..
Because the 1GB kit was most likely faster than whatever you were running before. RAM speed decreases load times, not capacity. Capacity reduces hitching and improves FPS during the game.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Janx14 wrote:and where shall we get the money for such a computers? ok, ill not make any further off topic
That, my friend is what jobs are for, get one and you can buy a good computer.

On-topic, I think I can handle this game fine, x1900XTX 512mb with an AMD Athlon X2 4600 and I got 1gig of ram.
Abrams
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Abrams »

Video card reqs are perfectly fine imo. They cant limit game to GeForce 7xxx series and ATI X1*** users since first of all game wont sell as top-end PC users are not majority and more of that, if they get a ton of eye candy...would you be happy running a game @ 25-30 fps with your ATI X1950 card?
xkalibur80
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xkalibur80 »

If you take a game and plug it onto DDR II 667 Mhz but 512Mb and on DDR I 400Mhz but 1048Mb the first one will load faster but FPS will be lower as memory amount is smaller.

I myself dont think it will not work perfectly on 512Mb...1 GB isnt a minimum even for high-end shooter games where you do need both speed and capacity.

:roll: ...I went from 512mb to 1024mb then to 2048mb and i noticed a massive increase in BOTH loading times AND overall performance...Simply because the more RAM u have the more instructions can be handled from the CPU at one time Also the faster the mhz the faster the instructions get processed, Duel Channel memory runs twice as fast as a sinlge channel memory..

If this Game says it needs 1024MB Of RAM I can hardly see it running as well on 512MB... Games such as BF2, F.E.A.R, Company Of Hereos, Prey...to name a few ALL require 1gb to run satisfactory.

As for now my rig'll handle pretty much n e thing thrown at it...in theory...

And dont get started bout the Graphics cards, i hope it takes advantage of pixel shader 3 but doubt there'll be much call for it
**Amd 64 3700+, 2 Nvidia 6800gs 256 sli, 2 gigs RAM**
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

@ xkalibur80 i see you have two 6800 GS running in SLi did you notice a difference between one card and two, i want to get another 6800 GT but i want to know if it is worth it
xkalibur80
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xkalibur80 »

darknight788 wrote:@ xkalibur80 i see you have two 6800 GS running in SLi did you notice a difference between one card and two, i want to get another 6800 GT but i want to know if it is worth it
You should be able to pretty much max out all games, but you still wont be able to use that much AA with it, as you're still working with a 128bit memory interface.

But to be honest, depends on the type of games, one's fine for most out at the moment. SLI only really shines in resolutions greater than 1280x1024. If you don't intend to do that, don't get a second card. In the lower resolutions, the gains aren't enough to warrant spending the money. :wink:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Abrams wrote:btw, i might sound dumb or something, but would 64 bit Windows version work with Carbon? As i see it says 32-bit :?
I heard that Windows Vista uses DX 10 and, for example if u install MW to play it on vista, it wouldn't work, because DX 10 WORKS ONLY with DX 10 versions and NOT previous ones. Maybe it's the same with XP 64 bit edition... :roll:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Correct, DX10 will scrap a lot of backward compatibilities to make it more efficient. But Microsoft has said that it will release "tools" to make pre-DX10 games run in a DX10 environment.

Anyways, since the requirements specifically mention "only 32-bit version" chances are that Carbon won't work on XP64. You could always try running it in compatibility mode for XP32 (if it exists).
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

correct again valued member prince, he should try ;)
xkalibur80
Ricer
Ricer

Post by xkalibur80 »

64bit XP only uses 64bit hardware 'drivers' i.e motherboard, Cpu & Graphics card.

Nvidia & ATI released the x64 drivers for the latest Cards and if you look at the games supported it DOES say Carbon and alot of others.

Vista will have a backwards compatability program built in (so they say). but at the moment there are NO DX10 Graphics cards apart from 7950, but nvidia havent finished testing the drivers for it yet. So i wouldnt worry too much...yet

Dont forget Patches will always come out, altho Microsoft seem to have thought of everythig this time round....

Just wait till Quad core CPU's & Quad SLI comes in...more drivers, more issues...more stress lol :lol:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

uff the 7950 costs like and eye...but carbon, even looking with less graphics than mw, demands a lot!
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

well, i have AMD2800, r9800xt, and 512mb RAM... upgrade RAM should do the trick... and i REALLY hope that NFSC can run on xp sp1...
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

pretty high reqs. but i hope that once i get my new power supply i will be able to put my 2 1gig ram sticks in and my FX card. but about sp2... big mistake, you know that puts a spyware on your computer that "calls home".

@spectre01: i doubt it will work on sp1. i downloaded the JTF demo and it didn't work (reqs sp2, i have sp1)
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

probably not, but im not sure. Most games coming out today will cancel in the middle of the install when it notices you dont have sp2.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Most games that require SP2 have something in the installer that stops installation if SP2 isn't installed. So while it may be possible for someone to run Carbon on SP1, getting it to install will most definitely be a hassle.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I don't have SP2 eighter... had it but did not like it at all, after that I formatted the HDD and installed XP again, and a friend got me a tool that makes windows think I got SP2 so it won't update and I can run SP1 without a problem...
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

xkalibur80 wrote:
darknight788 wrote:@ xkalibur80 i see you have two 6800 GS running in SLi did you notice a difference between one card and two, i want to get another 6800 GT but i want to know if it is worth it
You should be able to pretty much max out all games, but you still wont be able to use that much AA with it, as you're still working with a 128bit memory interface.
Just thought I'd mention that the 6800GT is actually 256-bit. You must be confusing it with the 6600GT, which is 128-bit.

Getting another 6800GT would only be worth it if you could get it nearly dirt cheap (under $200). Even then it would be negligible.
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

There was one 6800GS that ran at 128-bit, if I remember right.
Also, the 68xx series isn't limited to just two cards as there is the 6800, 6800XT, 6800GS, 6800GT, 6800 Ultra and I think there's also the 6800LE.

I think I'll be pretty happy with the ASUS EN7900GS unless I can get the EN7950GT.

Return to “News”