NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

It sure is.
HashiriyaGDB
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HashiriyaGDB »

They should have stuck with NFSU2 tuning or at the very least NFS:MW tuning. And what's with removing the boost gauge?

Poor parameters for unlocking some cars: 911 Turbo is locked and SOMEONE threw away the key.
"The 86 is a car that trains its driver." - Bunta Fujiwara
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Did you add a turbo to your car?
HashiriyaGDB
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HashiriyaGDB »

As far as I know, the boost gauge doesn't even exist in NFSC. I've seen gameplay videos of people driving turbocharged vehicles but no boost gauge.
canhoto
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by canhoto »

i got the game this christmas and i almost finished it...and what i think of it is that it could be the best game since u1...but ea's been using the same bk's since u1,same spoilers,etc and i'm tired of them...if only they were a bit nicer to look at maybe i wouldn't be so sick of them...
and we unlock the cool cars almost at the end of the game when we don't have the time to use them...worse:i think i don't even have enough races left to unlock all the cars...

imo there aren't enough autosculpt kits and the tuning should be more like in mw...
not to mention the damn crashes...basically the game is good for online play and not much more
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

My platform is the Xbox 360.

My first thoughts? Camaro, sweet. 8) That was my first car, unfortunately it won't be improved because I've done the max which isn't enough, so my baby is only good for Tier 1 races online, but I've got my Charger for anything else. :)

Few things annoy me in Carbon, however those few annoy me a lot. First, stop spawning the cops right in front of me when I knock one out! Everytime I get rid of a cop one pops around the corner.

I'm not going to be ashamed to say this, but I actually had trouble at the beginning of the game on a level 1 pursuit. Why? Because every hiding spot the cops checked, it took me forever to find one they wouldn't go into.

Next, the Canyon Duels. I wish that my opponent would stop laughing everytime I hit a sign, especially after they plow through 5. Sure, if I wreck, laugh, but its very persistent.

Other than that I'm impressed with the game. The crew members don't really bother me, Yumi ticked me off because she points out the shortcuts at the last second, and Nikki isn't fast enough unless I activate her, so Sal is my man for the races. :)
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

Xbox 360 -
I got the game for christmas and in 1 hour and 20 mins i was already at 35%. wtf?!
I took a 2 day break after that because i noticed that i was going to blow through this way too fast.

The sounds for the cars in this game is the most impressive. They sound real and when you look back and listen to the engine purr, it sounds like its counterpart.

The audio for the police sounds like the Rockport police from Most Wanted. WTF? they followed you here?!

The team mates chat every 10 secs. gets annoying each race. The rivals/crew bosses keep popping up in that small screen every move i make. (either i pass em, hit em, hit a sign, slow down) leave me alone. =/

The soundtrack. At first before the game released, i thought EA does a few good things with their sound tracks but this compilation is just pure dead. Nothing that drives to me speed. All of it is just midnight tracks that would put you to sleep.

The graphics are one of the game's high point. The cars look very detailed. The vast amount of paints you can put on your car is amazing. Thumbs up for that.

BUT WAIT I noticed if your canyon drifting, canyon dueling or canyon sprinting in either a Nissan 240SX, Mazda RX-7, or Toyota MR2 Spyder, your lights arent even up. They're closed/down but they still have light coming out of them if you press the look behind button.
[ If you dont understand what I am talking about, try it yourself ]

The cops are un needed for this game but EA cant think of a better story line so they involved them at the start just because Cross followed you across the bridge. (how'd he do that?)

The car selection is very poor. All the good cars are at Silverton which you will reach once your about 50-60% done with the game. Poor job EA.

The rewards cards thing is poorly done. Beat an EA Moderator to get the Porsche 911 RS. =/ Its hard enough finding an EA Moderator in their clunky online gateway let alone you have to beat one. Good Luck I say.

Another thing. Ive unlocked The Lexus IS 300 and the Pontiac GTO. Sad thing is....they are custom cars...........................This means i cant hook them up but just view them and just use either the stock or the "EA tuned" version.

WHY DO YOU TORTURE US EA!!!
This game made me pissed that i spent money on this. Not even worth renting at least. This game you can finish in a measly 8 hours, but thats what you get for a game EA finished in 1 day
canhoto
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by canhoto »

Another thing. Ive unlocked The Lexus IS 300 and the Pontiac GTO. Sad thing is....they are custom cars...........................This means i cant hook them up but just view them and just use either the stock or the "EA tuned" version.
this is one BIG mess up for EA... i think that all the people that play these games would like to have all the cars available in the game to be available in the car lot and my cars instead of quick race...what's the fun of having an audi le mans if you cant race it in your career(same goes for the koenigsegg and some other cars i don't remember right now...)?
Sil-Eighty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Sil-Eighty »

game needs more pple to be in your crew more cars needs to be longer as well
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

Flameking wrote:Xbox 360 -
I got the game for christmas and in 1 hour and 20 mins i was already at 35%. wtf?!
I took a 2 day break after that because i noticed that i was going to blow through this way too fast.

The sounds for the cars in this game is the most impressive. They sound real and when you look back and listen to the engine purr, it sounds like its counterpart.

The audio for the police sounds like the Rockport police from Most Wanted. WTF? they followed you here
I'll take this seperately, in chunks rspectively.

First, I totally agree, this game went way too fast. I just couldn't believe I finished it in 4 days, and I could have even played more than I did. The short story is very disappointing. And we didn't even figure some stuff out, who was that cop? What happened to Cross?

I also agree with the engine sounds, although I think I have identified a few sounds from Most Wanted, their is still a greater variety of sounds which is excellent. 8)

And the police. Not only do they sound like the Rockport police, but they look like them too. Come on, generally police look different in different cities. That is usually how it works. Maybe the Federal Corvettes, and the undercover cars, but the civic and state should have been different. Then again, where is Palmont in relation to Rockport? :?
MrPalmont
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MrPalmont »

Well you don't need a big map wich connecting Baywiew, Rockport and Palmont City :-). I'm like NFS freak so I passed Carbon in one day. Can say the story was better in MW on my opinion. Especially the end. Ye the game went pretty fast. But then I found this cool site and I had more wish to play Carbon and make some nice cars. Then I found online mode and understand how fun it was. I can say that Carbon was a good game but not the best of NFS series :)
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Actually the FD's lights do flip up.

At least on mine, they do. Go to my garage in the showroom.
HashiriyaGDB
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HashiriyaGDB »

The rivals/crew bosses keep popping up in that small screen every move i make. (either i pass em, hit em, hit a sign, slow down) leave me alone. =/

PS2, XBOX, and GC gamers don't have to deal with that, but from what I've seen in gameplay videos, that along with online play makes me want to get an X360.
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

Toshiro wrote:Actually the FD's lights do flip up.

At least on mine, they do. Go to my garage in the showroom.
That was circuit drifting but on Canyon Drifting they dont flip up =/
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Oops. That's what I get for skimming over your post.
lytning
Ricer
Ricer

now that i'm done...

Post by lytning »

i'm thinking, EA'S joking right? they put this copy out 2 mess with us, and the real carbon is soon on it's way. but reality sets in.

maybe it's cuz i got the ps2 version of a game series aimed @ pc users. i dunno tho. i was hooked for the 1st couple days, then i realized how far complete the game was. i picked muscle cars and my 2nd car was the mustang gt, which in my opinion was the best car from underground 2 and most wanted. i had 2 basically do all the tier 2 races just 2 get decent upgrades for it and even then, the old ass camero still seemed like it had more life. thanfully i got the zo6 and challenger asap and sold that damn stang off.

the music seemed ok, but u only got 2 hear it during checkpoint races and free roam. a couple times the game glitched and cycled it during police chases. the chases were a joke compared to most wanted. i got into a 40 min chase trying 2 disable 100 cars but the display doesn't tell u anything except how many cars have entered the chase. my end result was 102 rammed and 99 hit out of 167 involved.

how all the duel races were hard EXCEPT the last one i still didn't get. using the challenger i managed 2 cut off darius' audi by the 1st turn. and then the ending credits that made as much sense as a b horror movie. after that, i put the game in the case, and started another career mode in most wanted. i hope ea gets their head out their bumbums on the next one, seriously
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Really. I found all the canyon duels easy except the last one.

Maybe because I was using a GT-R half as fast as the Audi. :/

I thought it was alright. Coulda been better....
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

went back to underground and undergorund 2
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: now that i'm done...

Post by xturbo »

lytning wrote:...maybe it's cuz i got the ps2 version of a game series aimed @ pc users.
EA is focused on consoles (Xbox360) than PC users.... :wink:
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Hey guys wasup....first time back in a month (midterms at my school)

just beat carbon for ps2, halfway thru for wii.

also, HELO IS DARIUS!!!!

I feel like an idiot.

-matt skeete
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Who's HELO?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

HELO IS DARIUS, apparently.. O.o
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

All I can say is: :?
dice66
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dice66 »

Helo from Battlestar Galactica tv show is the guy that's with the cylon girl :D
| Ryu |
Drift King
Drift King

Post by | Ryu | »

Offtopic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Agathon
and:

Bahahahahahaha!!!

Don't even watch the show, just a quick Google search :P

Ontopic:

From my point of view, I found Carbon a halfway decent game, yet I expected much more from it.

First up, Autosculpt was rather overrated by EA - "Make your own kits"? Barely. Kits are generally ugly IMO, and using Autosculpt really hardly modifies the bodykits in a big way. Overall customization was half decent [although EA is still using recycled non-Autosculptable kits from previous games] but the best feature by far is the vinyl vector scoping - rather fun messing around with different vinyls to achieve something cool.

The graphics were another high point of the game - looks very slick and smooth in the city. Sometimes it was a bit dark is certain places, namely the canyon duels, and I found myself turning up the brightness often.

Another praise for the game was the array of car sounds while driving - they sounded pretty realistic most of the time. The soundtrack itself had decent songs, but didn't give the feeling of speed like some songs did in MW.

And thats where the praise ends.....

I found the career far too short to offer much fun, but the Challenge Series was more interesting. The locked content that seems impossible to unlock without using a trainer is rather annoying too - with the release of the cars in "bundles" proves that EA, like any large corporation, is only interested in capitalizing on the NFS name.

Rating:

=6/10=

Return to “Carbon”