Your Thoughts about NFSC...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

IMHO, I wish that "they" (as pertaining to the designers) would stop putting cars in-game that you can't modify without using damned trainer kits. :evil: It get's really, really old...

Plus, I found this pic on wikipedia that shows you being able to modify an Audi LeMans Quattro... which sadly, you can't do in the real game. :cry: It makes me wonder if this is classified as false advertisement at times...

IMO, if you can't so much as change the paint job on the vehicles in the game, they shouldn't be in the game.
Attachments
496px-NFSCarbonAudiLeMansQuattro%26LamborghiniLP640.jpg
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

my thoughts about carbon is that it is full of crap...

there is absolutely no reason to add cops in this game and the cops sound all the same from Rockport!!!

they knew their game was so short so they added a little side adventure to the game which is so frustrating because at lvl 5 the cops appear everytime you evade them in front AND behind you so theres no where to go.

When i try to outspeed them at 200+ mph, they still keep up and overtake me wtf?

This is after 19mins of cop pursuit my Golf R32 turned into this....

Oh yea. When i finally got to the safe zone and the cool down bar reached full, the game instantly froze

Pure Waste of money i say
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

What system did you get it for? I've had similar issues (except the odd car model glitch shown above) like freezing when I'm in the middle of a challenge series on the Wii version of Carbon.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

I think EA should make a car pack for carbon(should be free not to pay) , I know CE came with 12 more cars but It would be cool if they have more like 15-20 tuner, muscle, and exotic to the game so we don't have to drive around the same car again.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Or they could just implement the extra cars in the normal version of the game without any silly downloads and everything would be fine.

And just a thought, but some of the cars in the game (Lamborghini Murcielago/LP640/Gallardo, Aston Martin DB9, Mercedes Benz SL65 AMG, and many others) are found in real life as convertibles or roadsters. I'd like to see that in the next NFS game (along with day so we can see the roadsters the way they were supposed to be seen) because not only does it add to the number of cars (unless it's just a remove-top feature for certain cars), but it's extremely easy for EA to do this without much work, which should be what they are good at.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

Well... my review for Carbon has gone from bad to worse. Recently, i've stumbled upon another cluster@#$% of a problem: this time, the game freezes while deleting vehicles. Actually to be more precise, only after I've deleted a vehicle from my garage does this happen.

Scrolling through my list of cars thereafter, the game completely freezes up once highlighting a certain vehicle. For a while, this was restricted to one profile. But steadily, the same thing has been spreading to my other alliases as well. Which needless to say, has completely killed the whole reason for me investing my 60 quid for it. :x

And another thing; Am I the only one that sees the "accidenetally" locked content of Carbon and EAs marketplace tool as too much of a coincidence? I mean... what are the odds of having the ability to purchase vehicles that were originally intended for the game, and just so happening to have the Porsche locked out of player's grasp?

Conspiracy, anyone? :roll:
MasterGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MasterGT »

I love the game. With its new autosculpt feature there's no posibily to how you can
modify your car. :)
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Do you mean "no limits to how you can modify your car"? And there are still major limits, like how there's only 5 different autosculpt bodykits that are ugly designs that rarely fit a car nicely since they are used on all cars.
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

Carbon sucks. 40% of the content can't be unlocked without paying even MORE many than the $60 pricetag most of us already payed, and it has random crashes to desktop that always seem to happen after you finish doing something....plus who wants a game where its impossible to unlock all body mods without trainers?

F--k you EA.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

well said mate :cool:
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

Waoh! I was going to buy that game boyz... You just pulled me back, Now I can sure invaste my money on a good pc upgrade or a good game. Thank you all. :)
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

I haven't played this game in months lol. We need some carpacks, mods, something. :D
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

More like a major overhaul... :roll:
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

My thoughts on carbon was, it gathers dust on my shelf :D
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

After the uninstallation of the Beta of TDU wiped my C:\ drive several months ago (even EA couldn't come up with a bug as good as that - kudos to Atari!), my thoughts on Carbon are "I can't be bottomed to reinstall that piece of junk" and "I'm using Carbon's DVD as a beer mat". :lol:
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

^My thoughts exactly except for the beer mat thing.
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

hmmm...I think EA need some money. That's why they creat that CARBON(NFSU3) Junk. Give them some time.
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

Good stuff:

- lots of cars and upgrades/unlockables
- visual customization is fun
- wingman feature is a good idea
- canyon duels are nice, and are fairly tense
- good-looking FMV sequences
- a bit of strategy required when picking races in regards to unlocks
- Auto-sculpt is a nice idea, and fun to play around with for a bit
- Challenge mode is good

Bad stuff:

- very buggy (PC version has crashed on me many many times, even with the patch)
- choppy framerates, even at lower resolutions
- short career mode, especially when compared to Most Wanted
- most of the game is pretty easy; I beat the first three bosses on my first try
- lots of sounds, music, and "pedestrian" vehicles have been lifted from Most Wanted
- police chases aren't very intense and feel tacked on
- wingmen aren't really needed, and their repetitive chatter is annoying
- lame drifting
- cheesy, unrealistic physics
- repetitive environments

I think Carbon was decently entertaining and had some good ideas, but the implementation was half-baked, and the stuff it borrowed from the likes of Underground and Most Wanted didn't improve on those games.

It's not terrible, but it's pretty uninspired.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I think you summed it up quite well. If only there were people like you working for EA.
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

"We pride ourselves on our ability to reinvent the franchise and continually uncover new and exciting trends in car culture. Canyon Racing is a real test of a driver's skill and we think it provides a fantastic game play opportunity to lean into," said Larry LaPierre, the game's executive producer.

he only know braging, it's a franchise it would be house full block buster why that producer gonna read the threat. he is getting money

ring ring
yeah
sir all the copy of the carbon have been sold...
hehehe new record... money money money...
Jackhammer
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Your Thoughts about NFSC...

Post by Jackhammer »

Skyline_man wrote:Since some of us have already got the game, and many others will be getting it after a few hours, you can go ahead and tell us what do you think about the game, doesnt matter what platform, just mention it while you are posting. :wink:
simply,It was just a waste of money.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I think most people are a bit too negative about the game. I enjoyed the Career mroe than Most Wanted and Underground 2, and the tuning is much fun, just not really clever done. It takes ages, just to do 1 side!
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Carbon sucks big time only cuz EA rushed.I don”t remember anymore,but Skyline_man or GT had posted some things about the planned Carbon features.It would have 20 Autosculpt Zones,Mirror Layers...I only remember these things,but if EA finished the game,it would have been awsome.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

EA Messed up big time after Need For Speed: Underground. Why? Because they kept releasing a game every year. It worked for the closed circuit games, but for free roam, customizable games, it just doesnt. Because it takes way more programming, and then should take more than 8-12 months. I remember when I first bought NFS: HP a couple of months ago, because it was like $5. I played it, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Because it wasnt rushed, and again, closed curcuit, making it alot better than these crap rushed games, that suck so much "bumbum" that they end up making me want to kidnap the creator, and send ransom notes saying that if EA dont retract the copies of these games, and make something that is worth being on this market, I will send back the creator, peice by peice. The only good thing that they had between U2 and Carbon, was the MW engine. And that is my rant on what is wrong with EA, and the makers of Carbon.
Cazzer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cazzer »

I think NFSC is absolutely amazing!
I love all the NFS series although with carbon i think that they could of included more to your car , allow me to explain , you see in NFSU2 they included light changing , hydraulics and door modification but they left that out in NFSC and i think that without that the games modifying ability has taken a big hit , but the autosculpt kinda makes up for it. :D

Return to “Carbon”