Your Thoughts about NFSC...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

DarrenR21373 wrote:Have recently been playing using cars I didn't use in earlier play throughs, and I think I've found a weird "glitch".

I bought the Mitsu Eclipse and fully modded it (I bought it late in the game to give it a try). I then (as I do with most of my career cars, it's my personal preference!) put the tyre grip up to full (i.e. far right) and tried to race it.

Drove it as I would any other ride, and it would accelerate up to about 60-80mph then the speedo digits would just go up and down and it would go no faster! Cornering exacerbated the issue. Reset tyres to middle position, and it worked OK. :?

I assumed that it was because it is a 4WD car - however, I've not encountered it with other 4WD tuners/exotics.
The current gen Eclipse is FWD only, at least in real life.
BeergodHappy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by BeergodHappy »

RVD...So sorry about the typo...it wasn't intentional. I just unlocked the upper tiers of performance for my RX-7 also and I noticed the same thing...Makes for a fun game I guess. More realistic is usually more fun for me, but if were as you and I wish then simply finding the best balanced car would be like finding the "magic bullet" LOL.
Always remember...You can idiot-proof anything, but you can drunk-proof nothing.
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

i finished the game days ago and it was alright. But what i hate is that the pc version u can race more people how come? in the ps2 u can race only 3 wtf. :?
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

It's also dumb how though the 911 Turbo's specs, cost and Tier were adressed in the quite thorough and complete Prima guide, no one can unlock it without a trainer and when I looked through the unlock list, the 911 wasnt there.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

xturbo wrote:Hi guys!!
It's been a long time since I'm not being around here...I have lots of exams at university and
it's very difficult to administrate my time, and also playing carbon short my times! LOL

Well, I have to say lots of thing from the new EA game: NFS Carbon....
Zonda F? I have got the Collector's Edition, I don't see no Zonda?! are you talking about using trainer or what? for all who haven't bought the game, if you ever wanted the game, never buy the Collector's Edition, it's the biggest facking pile of crap in the whole universe!
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

SkeeteRX7 wrote:It's also dumb how though the 911 Turbo's specs, cost and Tier were adressed in the quite thorough and complete Prima guide, no one can unlock it without a trainer and when I looked through the unlock list, the 911 wasnt there.
I have unlocked the 911 Turbo the usual way by playing the game (no trainer).
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

fasttasf wrote:Zonda F? I have got the Collector's Edition, I don't see no Zonda?! are you talking about using trainer or what? for all who haven't bought the game, if you ever wanted the game, never buy the Collector's Edition, it's the biggest facking pile of crap in the whole universe!
Actually, no. The Collectors Edition contains a lot more car files than the normal edition does, and quite a few of these cars can be unlocked with a trainer. Cars such as the Pagani Zonda C12 F, Koenigsegg CCX, Chevrolet Camaro Concept, Toyota Corolla GT-S, Nissan 240SX, '71 Dodge Challenger, Infiniti G35 are all unlockable in the Collectors Edition.
omg_drifting_firetruck
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by omg_drifting_firetruck »

prince1142003 wrote:
fasttasf wrote:Zonda F? I have got the Collector's Edition, I don't see no Zonda?! are you talking about using trainer or what? for all who haven't bought the game, if you ever wanted the game, never buy the Collector's Edition, it's the biggest facking pile of crap in the whole universe!
Actually, no. The Collectors Edition contains a lot more car files than the normal edition does, and quite a few of these cars can be unlocked with a trainer. Cars such as the Pagani Zonda C12 F, Koenigsegg CCX, Chevrolet Camaro Concept, Toyota Corolla GT-S, Nissan 240SX, '71 Dodge Challenger, Infiniti G35 are all unlockable in the Collectors Edition.
but thats only with a trainer tho right? there isnt any way to get the AE86 otherwise?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Well, the 240SX, Koenigsegg, Camaro Concept, and Jaguar XK are available without a trainer. The other cars need a trainer, but they're not available in the normal edition of the game.
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

The game is okay. And i will only review the bad parts of the game.

Online mode:

It's a crapload of crap in a crap's crap. First thing that bothers me is the menu style. The nfsu2 menu was better (online one). If Carbon would have the Flatout 2's onlien menu, you could join easily , arrange a clan match easily, but no , EA with it's stupid idea of integrating the online under one menu 'custom match' which sucks ass. You got to search a random member. Anyway i hope they will chaneg that, if not ,i'm gonna cut their throats. Anyway i give it a 1 for design and online menu, 9 for online gameplay (fun), and a 5 for their effort. Thats 5.

Career mode:

Not so good story. Crapload of catch-up (too much of it). I hate the crew member accelerate like a rock has entered their asses. Too short. Tiers are well , cars are good , tough unlocking seems diffr

ent so you gotta do the career 3 times (cool).
I give a 8 for storyline. 1 for catch-up and crew member. and a 10 for cars , tiers and repeating career 3 times. That's 6.3.

Reward cards:

Only 5 damn words: Half rock , half suck badly. (too hard)

+features:

Features? FEATURES? No firetruck damn quick race free roam. No firetruck knockout in quick race. No firetruck police pursuit in quick race. No firetruck canyon checkpoint in the game (as far as i know. My NFSC manual says that there are these type of races, well seems that THERE AREN'T). See ... what features? i give it a zero ZERO.

The final mark: 3.7
But as the good parts get a 10, i will redone the mark:

The real final mark: 6.8
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I think there are Canyon Checkpoint races in Quick Race. They're just listed as Checkpoint Races. You have to look at the track name to see if it's canyon (i think). I know there are a few Canyon Checkpoint races in career, and a challenge series definitely uses Canyon Checkpoints.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

blah2 wrote:Tiers are well , cars are good , tough unlocking seems diffrent so you gotta do the career 3 times (cool).
I have done more careers then 3 and i have started with muscle, tuner, exotic. The unlocking is the same in every one, so there is no need for using different cars (i have NFSC CE Retail version).
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yup, unlocking is the same, you just go in a different order because your starting location is based on your starting class.
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

doesn't matter still 6.8 from me :) because online menu needs revising. also clan support would be lovely.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Im three shades of pissed right now, I was playing and the game crashed and when I went back in to play, my savegame is corrupted. I was over 70% through the career.
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

Carbon would be better if it had the online mode of U2, which was very good.
I'm not a noob, but i cant figure out the damn online mode, i dont get a firetrucking idea of it!!
that's the only major bad thing, rest is great:D (apart from a few tiny errors)

i got a question: when i was browsing the NFSC maps, i saw the maps containing files of the Koenigsegg and the Jaguar XK. I believed those were CE only,I've got the normal NFSC, but can i unlock em??
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I just started playing the PC version after almost completing the whole Xbox360 game (still have to do some challenge races and get a total of 15 (online and offline) rewardcards.

But I do notice a big diffirence.
I find the PC version to be alot easier, I almost done all challenge series on the PC and beat the ones I haven't won on the 360 cause they where bloody hard to get. but on the PC I won some races after the first try.

The GFX on my more then 2 yo PC is significantly lower then on the 360 the detail is alot lower, you can clearly see it in the detail of crewmembers and main caracters (ingame movies) and I only have 12 car racewars.. just my computer??

The game runs pretty decent on my custom specs (car detail high, average detail medium)
haven't had any crashes to date. (running 1.3)
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

It's a good game but it could be much much better.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

12 race wars cars, Stig. PC users got cut some sortof bargain it seems. I haven't played the next-gen console versions yet, but it seems that the PC version got some things taken out compared to those versions.

Stupid EA. Do they really expect consoles to be better than PCs?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Let me just point out that racing against 19 other cars in race wars in a pain in the behind. Especially with only 2 laps and this odd catch up thing where it's almost imppossible to overtake the leader.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

My 360 has 20 cars, on the PC I have 12 cars in a racewars weird.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

im dissapointed with this game!!!!
ARGHHH!!!

HE deserves to die???????????????
(attachment)
Attachments
Deserves to die???
<br />Larry Lapierre
Deserves to die???
Larry Lapierre
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

911?

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Ceano wrote:
blah2 wrote:Tiers are well , cars are good , tough unlocking seems diffrent so you gotta do the career 3 times (cool).
I have done more careers then 3 and i have started with muscle, tuner, exotic. The unlocking is the same in every one, so there is no need for using different cars (i have NFSC CE Retail version).
how did you unlock the 911 turbo w/o trainers or cheats?

I have it for PS2.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The 911 Turbo is locked and cannot be unlocked without a trainer. So, it's a PC-only thing.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

@ xturbo, yea possibly what was once a great series has now seemed to go off the deep end

Return to “Carbon”