Your Thoughts about NFSC...

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Need For Speed Carbon

Gameplay

Well controls were quite good and I liked it a lot. Adding flames to NOS was good thing imo and engine sounds were great. Cars and city and tracks also looked great.

Customization

Finally something new. Autosculpt rules forever, though I do miss neonlights from NFSU2. :(

Overall: 8
amritchail
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by amritchail »

Nfs carbon is shiznit and Im not going to write a review.In my opinion,nfs underground1 was the bestest.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Wow, thanks for that. Very helpful.
MrPalmont
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MrPalmont »

amritchail wrote:Nfs carbon is shiznit and Im not going to write a review.In my opinion,nfs underground1 was the bestest.

Well u have a very wierd taste, man. :D
By the way "bestest" does not exist
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Just got it yesterday.

Gameplay:
-Gosh, Neville is useless.
-Is pretty cool. I like the addition of the Clutch button. (Manual User)
-City is strangely reminiscent of Bayview and Rockport.
-Too many cars at once, maybe?
-Racing is pretty fun, especially since I'm not used to the city yet.
-Why is Kenji stalking me?

Graphics:
-When I crank it up, the ground turns into a gradient. Wtf.
-Cars are done nicely but it looks like the city can be improved.
-Paintjobs this time around? CRUNK.

Controls:
-Clutch = Cool
-Well, the controls can be changed....

Sound:
-I'm one of the few who play with the sound low. Engines sound odd, though....

Lasting Appeal:
-I'm likely to keep playing this until the next NFS comes out.
MrPalmont
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MrPalmont »

The drift is much better than in U2, but the bad thing is that u can't take a replay and shadow mode in canyon drift
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Carbon was a bit too short for me and the gameplay was kinda average. Overall- 8.5
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SchuMito »

The Game
After seeing Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift and playing need for speed carbon, I can say that there is a HUGE influence of the film on the game. First of all, Carbon Duels are the replica of the last race between DK and Sean, altough let's admit it that the Duels are realy tough and DO offer a challenge. Drift is back... guess what, in the year of Tokyo Drift. But the drift sensation and new point system is cool. There are no Drags, which altough sucked in Most Wanted, I really loved them.

Unlocking Sytsem
The Unlocking system is crap. You pay for a game and gives you half the unlocks after you get away with Career Mode. Apart from that you can never unlock all the cards because some of the requests are impossible! Unlock mode was a total failure.

Customisation
I like the way autosculpt worked altough it needs a lot of fine tuning, more kits and more "move around objects". Vinyls are a total failure altough the vinyl layering system is great, altough it gets up you nerves to move a part from one part to an other of the car - it is really slow. Decals should have much more colours than White & Black Only. Altough there was a minimal improvement on Kits (some of them still suck) EA should get us real kits from real manufacturers like Veilside & Bomex. The choice of rims is great!

Graphics are great especially when having a good Graphics Card and the same can be said to Sound.

Cars Selection
We will continue asking for them... where are the Ferraris? Shame to you EA! Apart from that I foud it really hard to race my Skyline with either a muscel or an Exotic, they are to fast. You'll either match their performance level or else just do not put them together. Thanks god we are not reaching 400kmph any more like last year!

The City:
I realy miss the 4 lane highways of Most Wanted. I think this city is too slow compared to the one in MW but I love night racing and that ditch... back to NFSU!

After all, it is quite a good game EA, but please let me come to your studios in Vancouver and let me guide you on what WE want!
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

SchuMito wrote:Cars Selection
We will continue asking for them... where are the Ferraris? Shame to you EA! Apart from that I foud it really hard to race my Skyline with either a muscel or an Exotic, they are to fast. You'll either match their performance level or else just do not put them together. Thanks god we are not reaching 400kmph any more like last year!
Actually, there are still ppl who have managed to reach speeds of about 540+ kph :P
Hicki
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Hicki »

got my copy of need for speed carbon 3 days ago, completed it in around 7-8hrs 100% career, and i've just completed all the series challenges.

Need for speeds have always been too easy thats the only problem, the careers arent long enough, dissapointed with carbon to say there was so much hype for it.
cars are decent, see them all before in the previous games though, mods are basic nothin special, racing isnt the best opposition is to easy.

its an ok game to pass time though.
Hicki
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Hicki »

Firestran wrote:I think Carbon could have been much better but it failed in many respects.

1) You get the best cars in the game at the end and then have very few races to use them in. :roll:

2) You unlock cars like the porshe carrera gt after beating the game and there is no LAN play, what is that. :?

3) The ending is so poor.

4) The races are to short at times.

5) Rivals take to long to appear and there not enough, like in U2.

6) Customizatoin isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Limitless possibilities yeah right.

7) The bk's are not enough, there just bks from most wanted taken fron U2. Make new bk's EA and more of them not just 4, thats not right. :x

8] The storyline was to basic

9) Last of all there were no special performance parts. Thats was just..............:roll:

EA needs to make a much better effort next time around.
curtydc
Ricer
Ricer

Post by curtydc »

Not a great game, too bad.
LittleLotus
Stock
Stock

???

Post by LittleLotus »

i'm sorry for being in the wrong forum. :( i just joined :D i have just opened Silverton with my lotus elise. i have tried to race in Silverton, but everyone has a Tier 3 car. how to i find/unlock a tier 3 car? i have upgraded my lotus with everything that i could performance wise, and i still lose these races. pls help me!!! thank you :(
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

LittleLotus
Stock
Stock

Post by LittleLotus »

Thank you very much!!! :D
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

My big beef with the game is the tuner handling, especially on the drift races. They seem to have messed up the handling of the cars completely here, even if I tune it for oversteer.
It's ironic that the class of car that is mainly used in real life for these types of races is the class of car that handles the worst in this game mode.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

The problem must be with you. I drift, drive, race, etc. just fine with my Supra.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Don't forget, MrEff, that EA have dropped the ball big time where tuning is concerened in Carbon, in that you need to set the car to UNDERsteer to get OVERsteer, as was posted by GT elsewhere.

I guess that makes EA a bunch of muppets, as we say :)
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

I bet all these shiznit products are due to someone taking over control of EA and firetruck things up. Cause they used to do a fantastic job
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

No. There's simply no exictement in racing the same cars over and over, so they switched to the Import Scene.

You might be right though. EA moved the NFS department to "EA Blackbox" and that was when UG was created.
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

Thats true, the Import Scene did make it more unique to drive the cars, but yea someone must have changed something
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

DarrenR21373 wrote:Don't forget, MrEff, that EA have dropped the ball big time where tuning is concerened in Carbon, in that you need to set the car to UNDERsteer to get OVERsteer, as was posted by GT elsewhere.
Ahh, but of course! Why didn't I think of that?

I can drift all the other cars fine, the muscle cars being particularly entertaining.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Anyone but me notice how you can just steer to drift in drift races, but in normal races, your car hugs the road like grandma, and won't slide? It's driving me crazy.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Add a bunch of 'understeer' to your settings. EA mixed the terms up and an understeer-biased setting actually results in what we all know as oversteer. Drift tyres help too, of course.

It still won't be drift mode physics, but it will be closer.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Oh, it's the physics engine....

Return to “Carbon”