cant trun on visual treatment NFSC ????

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
sugarqfx
Ricer
Ricer

cant trun on visual treatment NFSC ????

Post by sugarqfx »

cant seem to turn on visual treatment on my nFSC, could be that its my video card but, cant understand why? i have a geforce 5500, with NFSMW i was able to use visual treatment!
please help!
Jackhammer
Ricer
Ricer

s***

Post by Jackhammer »

i've got exactly the same problem........even my graphic card is the same as you......................I NEEEEEED HEEEEEEEEEELP!someone please help if you know cuz the graphic is too low.............how can i turn it on with my current graphc card???????????????
sugarqfx
Ricer
Ricer

follow up! road reflection detail

Post by sugarqfx »

also i cant turn road reflection detail on, so whenever i race on canyons, i cant see the road co'z theres not that too much street lights! its just sooo unplayable, co'z sometimes i cant see the road! i hope that ea can do something about this! co'z lets just say i should at least be able to play at minimum requirements! how can i play if icant see where i am driving! just in order to play i have to turn up the gamma and brightness of my computer monitor!
Jackhammer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jackhammer »

yeah that's disusting...let's see if our nfs unlimited friend can help us!!by the way,i can't connect to EA help & support.....contact them if u can and tell me the answer............I CAN'T PLAY!!!!!!!! :(
blue7
Ricer
Ricer

Post by blue7 »

i can't turn the visual treatment on as well!!!!!!! my video card is nvidia ge force FX 5200!! if there's no other choice but to upgrade to a more advanced video card, what is recommended (the minimum requirement to run it well)?
sugarqfx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sugarqfx »

i was able to contact ea about this but no reply yet! as to my question! but i guess they just say my video card is old! or i need upgrading!
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

On my older computer with an FX 5200 Ultra I can't turn it on either. I think it's because the option requires a video card with Shader Model 3.0. The FX series only has SM2. You'd need to get at least an Nvidia 6 series card or an ATi X1xxx card to use the option.
coredump
Ricer
Ricer

Post by coredump »

I don't know.
I think my ATI radeon 9800 don't have shader model 3 (can't turn on blur) but I am able to turned on visual traitment
sugarqfx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by sugarqfx »

i think its a bug! from what i know only thin that requires shader 3 is motion blur! it really sucks co'z with NFSMW i can turn on everthing with my video card except shadows and rain! and the funny thing is with NFSC its the other way around, i can turn on rain effects but cant use the other effects! for now! i rate NFSC well below NFMW
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

They rushed the game so they have HUGE compatibility issues.

For your problem guys:
Upgrade to the newest drivers and see if it works
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

coredump wrote:I don't know.
I think my ATI radeon 9800 don't have shader model 3 (can't turn on blur) but I am able to turned on visual traitment
I guess that rules out my theory then.

Return to “Help & Support”