NFSCarbon Graphical Lines

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

NFSCarbon Graphical Lines

Post by MrEff »

These graphical problems have started to appear when I play NFS Carbon, and make the game virtually unplayable, which is annoying to say the least. I'm not sure what the cause is, as my computer is more then capable of handling the game. In fact I've played the game up until the first boss with no trouble whatsoever, except from the odd crash bug that is well documented occurring.
I've updated all the drivers, with no effect, I have the dual core optimizer installed, and tried reinstalling it but again nothing has worked.

Does anyone have a solution?

I have the PC version of the collectors edition and my set up is:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200
GeForce 7600GT 256MB
2GB RAM
Attachments
nfs lines menu.JPG
nfs lines.JPG
flyiNz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by flyiNz »

Try updating your vidio drivers :)
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I have, although I may have found a fix. I was messing around with the in game video settings, and turned them all the way down to low, then back to high and the problem resolved itself. I'm not sure how long this will last but it appears to be stable for now.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i had that smae problem with my geforce 5500 running MW, it turned out the fan had collected so much dust it couldnt turn and therefore the GPU was overheating. make sure the fan spins freely and that the GPU is not overheating it is a relatively new card i know but it is best on the side of caution
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

It's not the graphics card overheating, I've checked it and it's clean. Either way it appears that they go away after a bit of playing, still I'd like to know whats wrong, but at least I can play it.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

errr, not trying to scare you are anything but this is what nfsu2 looked like right before my 6600gt said byebye

yes its much worse than your case but effect seems similar O.o
Attachments
OMFG.jpg
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Looks like artifacting.

Open up nVidia Control Panel and check load temperatures. Does it occur in other programs that require gfx-card load?
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

Sorry to resurrect the thread but my net was down for a while, plus I think I have an answer.

The problem does appear to be heat. I don't think my case has adequate cooling to handle the new parts I recently installed, and thus I am getting these problems. To fix the issue at the moment I have removed my side panel and plan on buying a new, and better ventilated case.

As for the temperatures the card sticks around 49/50 degrees, which is about halfway in the green according to the nVidia control panel monitor. Also I have had these problems with San Andreas, which I fixed by applying the frame limiter.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

49/50 degrees , thats idle temp right
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

That's not that bad. My idle temp on my Radeon X700 ranges in the mid-to-high 40s. It's recorded temps of about 61° C when it's rendering in 3D. As long as you're not pushing upwards of 70, 80° C, your card should be fine. Just remember to let it rest from time to time.

Return to “Help & Support”