best drift car

2003 Need for Speed Underground
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

best drift car

Post by bronco »

wat is the best drift car? for me the s2000 is working the best so far..ive been trying my butt off with rx7 but just cant get it...and another thing.do u guys turn off stability when u drift?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Impreza apparently, though i don't drift a lot. Eclipse is good as well... the slicks are the way to go, and your set up you have to experiment with. I personally found the RX7 drift quite well in very low spec.
ragnar_battlehammer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ragnar_battlehammer »

for me it is the miata always will be. only because im so used to it i can't get any good scores going with other cars, plus i know if its going out of control and how to fix it. i have it with all my uniques from finishing the game so its superfast accelerting and i have stability on otherwise its to unstable. i then just tap the accelerator a lot of tap tap taping. esspecially around corners as it helps to drive out of it if your going into a wall :P
klu
Ricer
Ricer

Post by klu »

I use IMPREZA with Level 2 tires.. Sometimes level 1 tires.. With stability ON... You can try it with off, but it'll take alot of getting used to, and if you drift on the right "line", ON and OFF wont matter.. All about the line you use, and try to take advantage of the bonus zones as much as you can. My max with the IMPREZA on track 2, 10 laps, is 979.. So IMO, impreza's the best. =]
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

ive been trying with the rx7 right and just wondering when yall go into a drift do yall hold on to the accelerator?..cause i find if u do u totally lose it..
ragnar_battlehammer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

did you even read my post. notice the tap tap tap references :lol:
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

did u read mine? i said rx7 man...
ragnar_battlehammer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

it applies to all cars if you hold down the accelerator your screwd you'll just slide out all the time
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

not really..my s2k works fine if i hold down acc
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

basically, only use the brakes if your tapping them to swing yourself round (like the scandinavian flick in wrc), or if you need to get the cars back end round out of a tight corner, otherwise, its better to just keep using the accelerator.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Benny B
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Benny B »

You guys need to stop complaining about which car is the best. It's all about which car you feel is the best for you. I use an RX-7 and I got over 1,400,000 points for one continuous drfit, but I know poeple who get scores near that with Miatas, Imprezas, and Eclipses. Its who is the best, not what is the best.
dunway
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dunway »

Anyone try using the E-brake for drifting? I've used it to swing the rear end around, seems to work for me. Just tap on the E-brake and the rear end comes right around. :wink:
klu
Ricer
Ricer

Post by klu »

But if you use the ebrake too much then you lose alot of speed... I just use the ebrake once to start a drift, then let go of the gas, and hold it again, and that bring's the car right around just like the ebrake would, cept you dont lose speed =]
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Personally I like the RX-7. I like the RX car for everything. I'm not into the game big time like most of you. I'm almost done with my 6th time through underground mode(what can I say, I love the game....). It really depends on how good of a driver you are. I like the RX because I can use the ebrake to start a drift, or just slow down and stomp the gas and use the pure power of the RX to go through and get a good drift. Plus you can get good with any car if you practice with it. Personally I never go higher than 2nd gear no matter what gear I am in. Alot of times while using the ebrake or whatnot in a turn I'll downshift to get more speed up then go to 2nd again. That's just my style...

But that's just my opinon, I could be wrong.
Benny B
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Benny B »

Wait, wait, you say you don't play the game like the rest of us (meaning too much), but you are finishing your 6th profile? I do agree with you on the RX-7. I've gotten a 242.97 top speed, 20.40 drag, and 1,400,000+ single drift with this car. All around great car, although it's a little too high off the ground and the wide body kits blow!!
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

wide body kits dont do squat in this game... but neways M-I-A-T-A.. tats my choice
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

For me the eclipse is the best drift car i got it totaly undercontrol with this car with other cars i don't.

:twisted: Dragon-of-Rune :twisted:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I always use my light blue (I know it doesn't matter what color it is for the driving) SUBARU IMPREZZA

my best score is till now a 111.234 DRIFT (KING)
Phantom3D
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Phantom3D »

I stick to the Eclipse, 664000 best single driftscore. But it is true as Benny B says, people got different styles!
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

Alright benny... you win... I do play the game alot, I'm just not that good. And damnit I didnt want to have to admit that ;)

I dunno... I play it because its great fun. Different people are just flat out good no matter how much they play. I really don't do anything but underground mode and then I play online sometimes too.

As for wide body kits: True. They don't do squat, cept add some looks. But how complicated do you want to game to be lol? Anywho, my first few profiles I thought the skyline was kickbutt. But I soon learned the great wonders of the RX7. So now when I play online I drive the Mazda RX7, plain black in color(no stickers or vinyl), with a vapor wide body kit, BBS RX2 rims(chrome color), and a downforce spoiler. I like the vapor kit on it because for some reason it reminds me of a dodge viper(dunno why). ANYWHO!

note: my top speed was 228.26 mph, no drafting, on Highway1
R-Lo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by R-Lo »

I was shocked to see that the Toyota Sprinter ae86 was not a part of this game. Drifting as a sport in Japan was basically built off its back, and Hachiroku 6 time drift champion believes it is the best car for drifting as it has the 'perfect' amount of power!

Hopefully one day someone will build this car into Underground but until then drifting will never be complete without it...
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

the Ae86 is a good drift car, but most people in japan prefer the silvia range because of theire perfect power/weight ratio and distribution.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
350Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 350Z »

I don't know..i always use rx7 or eclipse who is good as well.don't know about s2000
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

the silvia is probably the most variable car, it can be a show car, street car,drag car,drift car, circuit car anything..and i mean in real life by the way and ive had experiences in all of them.
Benny B
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Benny B »

I think they wanted the most well known street race cars, although I've never seen a modified Peogueot(?). There are some perfect drift cars, but they wanted more street/drag cars.

Return to “Underground”