Need For Speed 11 Wishlist

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I think that would be pretty great, especially since its performance seems quite good. And if EA releases other high performance sedans like the Mercedes CLS and BMW M5, it could create a class of its own.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Not a Bad Idea I think.
The Lexus IS F is a nice looking car.

Same goes ofcourse for the Mercedes CLS and The M5, but also love the see the E39 M5 back into the NFS series.

For this class:
Audi RS4 or Audi RS6 anyone? (but then I prefer the RS6 as stationwagon)
maksimovski
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maksimovski »

i wish they make LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of parts to modify a car with in the next nfs
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

ehm....do you know what some of the cars in the showroom would look like if we had "LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS" of parts? spite the fact the parts are made by ea.

and it would be worse if they had ferraris in it too.
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

look if u dont like visual upgrades like lights,neons,ect go play test drive unlimited where there are no visual upgrades and quit whinning about the people that want lots of visual upgrades and ferraris.if u dont like riced cars the dont firetruck look at them and keep ur complaints to urself
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Well to your comment, TheStig, it could work out well if EA made cars available that were directly related to a main model. Eg. Having the Audi RS4, and having the RS4 Wagon. They would be extremely similar, so it would require less work, and there would be a greater, more realistic variety of cars. This would also work well for convertibles/coupes.
SkeeteRX7
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SkeeteRX7 »

Its not that we hate visual upgrades, it's just, the majority of people think that they are meant only for certain cars. I dont think anyone in their right mind would want a huge Stillen body kit on their LP640, or a huge flaming skull vinyl on their Gallardo. If you want so many visual upgrades like that, just dust off your copy of Underground 2.
C2D T7500 2.2 ghz| 256 MB NVIDIA Quadro FX570m|160 GB 7200 RPM|2 GB RAM- my laptop
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

BEEFKING69 wrote:look if u dont like visual upgrades like lights,neons,ect go play test drive unlimited where there are no visual upgrades and quit whinning about the people that want lots of visual upgrades and ferraris.if u dont like riced cars the dont firetruck look at them and keep ur complaints to urself
are you saying you would like a pink ferrari with a widebody kit, a roofscoop, and a carbon fiber spoiler and hood with green flames?

thats where too much visuals can really mess up. i mean, a simple bumper with some cool rims is fine on a ferrari, but ea has taken exotic car customization a little too far.

also, the computer controlled ai will have random parts, so the car could look like anything. it was hard for me to look at ai in underground 2 without gagging at the cars.. a brown gto with ugly front and rear bumpers, no side skirt, with 4 layers of nonsense splattered all over the side of the car.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I agree with Fishwhiz. Even in Most Wanted, There'd be horribly disgusting looking cars that I'd be racing against and took a lot away from the little realism Most Wanted had to offer. It's especially damaging to your self esteem when you see a Ford GT speed past you in pink with a boat-car bodykit, double ugly roofscoop, a spoiler that doesn't even fit, and a vinyl with a skeleton on it.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

:lol: Yeah, some of those kits were laughable. EA should model their parts after the real thing, only make them somewhat different so they can't get in trouble for copyright infringement. :)
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

okay i found something to back you guys up
Attachments
964_veilside_fs.jpg
189826.jpg
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Back who up? It sure doesn't back my points. You are pretty much saying through those pictures that it is okay to have extremely ugly exotic tuning since it's seen in real life.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

no im with u those are stupid riced out pieces of junk
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

BEEFKING69, if people don't like certain aspects of previous NFS games and don't want them in the game they can say so.

There are alot of people that are pretty sick of the overdone tuning by EA, especially when it done on Exotics.
For Carbon EA said they would make Class specific Tuning, so you can't do the same things on a Exotic, Muscle and Tuner.
But in fact the only thing that was diffirent where the Muscles with the option of Blowers and a choptop.

I doubt many people would want to get rid of tuning completely.
I myself don't mind tuning exotics but IMO EA gone to far with the mega RICER parts for exotic car that don't deserve to be ruined by EA's Idea of bodykits.
IMO a Murciélago should not have a widebodykit that makes the car alsmost twice the size and make it look like a pancake.
For Exotics the styling should be subtle, not overdone.
Spoilers and rims is all ok for me

Same for AI tuning EA should make more fixed tuned cars not like in MW and U2 where you where racing cars that where so ugly everytime I looked at them I puked all over my keyboard, man have you any idea how much it costs to replace a keyboard every time you play NFS U2?
In the original Underground they had fixed cars for every race and they in general looked pretty decent.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Well, today I was thinking in the following idea:

You start as a normal dude, with 2 options:
1) Be a streetracer
or
2) Be a cop

Following the 1)
Interesting story of a streetracer who enters a city...and all the stuff of a nfs game...

Following the 2)
You decide to enter the Police force of X city PD, you then are transferred to a special unit which it's specialized in streetracing world. You train and train (doing challengues) then you are asked to choose a pursuit car. You start patrolling
the city searching streetracers. You can act like an undercover cop also. As more streetracers you ut in jail, more money to spend in parts to catch more advanced tuners or streetracers. Can be complemented with a cool story.

Indeed, you can have 2 different paths in the same city. Idk if you get my idea.
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

that is a good idea xturbo but they need to make a city that is like bayview,rockport , and palmont put together
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ xturbo: Having a path for being a police might limit the gaming oppurtunities. First of all, not every car can be turned into a police cruiser, so there would be limited possibilities for cars. Secondly, choosing the second path would prevent the gamer from experiencing being chased unless they started a new career. Your idea of being a cop is good, but might be used better in a feature on the main menu called "Police Chase" or something.

@ TheStig: I know what you mean, but it's even worse when you have to replace game controllers and/or take a shower.

@ viper16: Oh, I see. But it probably would have made more sense if you also posted a stock version of each of the cars so people could see how much the tuned ones make you want to puke.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Ok I got ur point, but you can take your "personal" ride as a UNDERCOVER cop, like a streetracer car but it has a hidden siren and all the stuff, idk if u get it. Then if you want to chase for example Porche's or Lambo's, you can have the option to get a Pursuit Lambo, or a Pursuit BMW M3, idk... The idea is to chase real streetracing cars, a "new" idea since Hot Pursuit 2, but here you have more complex chases because you can "investigate" where is going to take place the race, or do strategic plans of how many police cars are you going to send to the pursuit, etc. It gives a opportunity to other nfs players, who specially love to chases.

I'm thinking also in new idea...which is good imo :P
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

trust me guys i understand what yall are saying. maybe they should just limit the excess visuals to tuners and keep the exotics to rims,paint and performance. oh i was just in a bad mood yesterday :evil:
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

viper16 wrote:okay i found something to back you guys up
the ferrari looks ok, and i said a simple almost unnoticable bodykit is fine, but honestly ea doesn't know how to do that, and they end up making it look like that porsche.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Oh okay, I see what you mean now xturbo. It's different, but I'm not sure if EA will be able to do something as complex as that nicely when they can't even give us a good storyline.

Here's a subtle bodykit for the Porsche 997 I found, and it looks really nice and changes only minimal things. There is also a very nice looking Porsche Cayman bodykit that would make the Cayman look a lot more aggressive without ruining its natural curves.
Attachments
Cayman S
Cayman S
Porsche 997
Porsche 997
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Those are ugly, I don't like mild exotic kits, but I wouldn't like something heavy that would mask the origional beauty. I'd rather have a mid-range body kit. Maybe something like one of those only with some more chrome or something.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

*SLAPS CARCRAZY WITH HUGE TROUT*

what Porsche-AG showed was exactly what should be the max for tuners in general.
why? because it keeps the orignial looks of the car, but still makes it abit diffirent.

There is no Medium style for Exotics, it's eighter subtle or overdone and huge (EA style)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Incredibly I love the Cayman S...it's my preferred and only exotic that I really like...others....just don't want to. :lol:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Yes, Carcrazy, you should be slapped majorly. You are pretty much saying that a stock Porsche looks like garbage, since minor changes to fenders that are unnoticable to the non-car-crazy citizens look like they were originally on the Porsche.

Is this your/EA's idea of a Cayenne?? Also pictured below is a maximum bodykit for a Carrera GT, which looks okay but is the most that should ever be done to it. Then there is also another 997 with a bodykit that is a little bit more noticable.
Attachments
U-G-L-Y
U-G-L-Y
Carrera GT
Carrera GT
Porsche 997 Carrera
Porsche 997 Carrera

Return to “ProStreet”