Carbon Leaderboards

Need for Speed Carbon News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

As soon as I get Carbon Running, I will def. hit this up!

Great Idea Bojan (send me a copy of Carbon for 360 so we can play together lol )
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

hmmmm losing all the random tracks atm lol... although i only did 2 or 3 runs on some of them lol. neways feeling a bit too lazy to win them back atm and also doing the 240sx testy thing so no time for it neways....

you can take the city, but you'll never, take, my canyon! *evil laugh*
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

I'm actually suprised some of my records lasted this time. :D
Since the only cars you can use to set respectable times are the corvette and the audi, and I hate the audi and still have to drive a 'perfect' lap with the corvette, it's not all bad :wink:
Also, the car i rather use, the Porsche Turbo in which I actually can drive a near perfect lap, is about 10 to alot seconds slower. I would have been better for the competition value if you could use more cars to set a record time.

Also, on the cheating topic, is there really no way of telling if a player used a cheat like infinite NOS/Speedbreaker ???
IMO NOS and Speedbreaker should be disabled for 'ranked' races. Just pure driving skill of the player.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

you can tell if sumone's using infinite nos, their rear light is always glowing...
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Carbon Leaderboards

Post by Bauke777 »

Bojan wrote:Once again we are the first among NFS fansites to offer you a brand new feature: the Need for Speed Carbon shadow leaderboards!
I only just read this, but omg, I mean: respect. Some work to set up this sitearea eh :) nice work... Also very cool that u managed to read the shadow files :shock: :?

As soon as I unlock the Audi LeMans I'll give it a shot!

And I won't even comment on the cheating thing ;) have to think about my blood pressure... r ppl actually uploading their shadows w/ glowing rearlights (good find 93360)?!?! PATHETIC
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

STAT-X wrote:Since the only cars you can use to set respectable times are the corvette and the audi...
In fact, once you click a track title on the main leaderboards page and go to the individual track page (eg: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/carbon/leaderboards/track/3 ), you can use the 'Car Selector' bar to filter the leaderboard by Tier, Car Class and finally down to a single car. This means that you really can compete on our leaderboards with any car you choose. even the Fire Truck.

Coming soon is a second filter bar that will allow you to filter by one or more users, so you can compare your own times with another racer.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

Bauke777: there's nothing wrong with people uploading shadows with glowing rear lights of course lol, the shadow just shows when the user is using nos just as it shows when you use nos. i havent actually noticed any uploaded shadows with glowing rear lights during the whole race yet so i didnt mean id found any shadows uploaded by cheaters. i was just pointing out that if they were using infinite nos you would be able to spot it just like in online races. when someone is always using nos you can notice that their car icon in the minimap moves around very eraticly as well as the rear lights just about always being on, especially when it keeps glowing after a time when you would have thought it should have run out already.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

93360 wrote:you can tell if sumone's using infinite nos, their rear light is always glowing...
Even then, when racing online, I can't always assume I can trust what I'm seeing. I lost to a Porsche Cayman S while driving my 240SX. The guy's lights were always glowing as if he were perpetually using NOS, but he was never pulling away as far as he should have on the long straights since he was using NOS when I was all out.

I just figured, buggy game, and the guy outraced me.

But y'all were talking about shadows... my bad. :P But considering how imperfect shadows are proving to be to, I might apply that same thinking to those.
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

GT3x24x7 wrote:In fact, once you click a track title on the main leaderboards page and go to the individual track page (eg: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/carbon/leaderboards/track/3 ), you can use the 'Car Selector' bar to filter the leaderboard by Tier, Car Class and finally down to a single car. This means that you really can compete on our leaderboards with any car you choose. even the Fire Truck.

Coming soon is a second filter bar that will allow you to filter by one or more users, so you can compare your own times with another racer.
Yeah, I noticed ... that's the main reason why I'm re-racing all the tracks with my 911 Turbo and Cayman again. And also I got sick and tired of racing that sloppy corvette.

And how about a feature that allows users to form crews and actually start a crew-war on the leaderboards here ??? :D :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Not a bad idea. A few people have suggested it so far - let's see if it flies.
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

STAT-X wrote:Since the only cars you can use to set respectable times are the corvette and the audi, and I hate the audi and still have to drive a 'perfect' lap with the corvette, it's not all bad :wink:
Actually, for canyon tracks you should try using the koenigsegg ccx, it is a very easy car to control with speedbreaker even though it doesn't quite have the speed of the audi or the vette. oops, I just gave away my secret!

I enjoy using it because it sounds and looks better to me than the audi or vette :lol:
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

its not so much of a secret as to just look at the shadow info...
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

Makes sense. Until recently, the idea that someone could use speed breaker on a Quick Race never once crossed my mind as a possibility. That's very honest of you to say part of what helped get you some very excellent times. I guess that's EA's way of balancing out the fact that on a lot of Quick Race courses, you're going to run into traffic, even if you set it to "light".
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

Yeah to tell you the truth the first time I uploaded my shadow I didn't realize that I could use speedbreaker in the shadow runs :lol: Then after I started using the vette I realized it was very hard to get good times without using speedbreaker
CPGallop
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CPGallop »

if there's some limit for car select?
and i see the shadow cannt refreshed automately
krazyammo
Professional
Professional

Post by krazyammo »

evilmegamonkey wrote:Is there ANY possible way PS2 users could be on the leaderboards?

If mod wants to talk about some ways plz PM me
same here
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

If any PS2 users can get some shadow files from their consoles to us, we'll look into it. Can't do much without raw data.
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

I found a bug on the leaderboards.

With the new "Our policy on cheaters" text, if I move my mouse up to one of the tabs at the top of the page, the text that goes with "Our policy on cheaters" disappears, however, if I scroll to the bottom of the page, it reappears. It's really weird lol
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

YamahaATV wrote:
STAT-X wrote:Since the only cars you can use to set respectable times are the corvette and the audi, and I hate the audi and still have to drive a 'perfect' lap with the corvette, it's not all bad :wink:
Actually, for canyon tracks you should try using the koenigsegg ccx, it is a very easy car to control with speedbreaker even though it doesn't quite have the speed of the audi or the vette. oops, I just gave away my secret!

I enjoy using it because it sounds and looks better to me than the audi or vette :lol:
The CCX indeed has superb handling.
But I have to restate my opinion, on certain tracks the 911 Turbo is a force to be reckoned with :twisted: :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

It's just a pity that car can't be used legitimately in the game.
CPGallop
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CPGallop »

GT3x24x7,hey,u runs great..
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Thanks, you're pretty damn good too! :wink:
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

posted new top time for the 240sx on copper ridge, thanks goes to GT for his performance setup. tried a few different setup options but for the best balance of quick times vs driveability, i found that GT's original setup offered the best of both worlds. might have been able to tune it just a tiny bit to suite copper ridge more but that would be too track specific and the benefits might not carrry over to other tracks.

btw, in the 1:09.95 shadow i posted i was very shaky after the last corner and probably lost a good 0.3s or so becasue of it so definately room for improvement, but after so many attempts at a perfect drive down copper ridge i think ive become quite sick & bored of carbon and will take a few days off from playing it. might actually go back to playing most wanted for a bit and perhaps make a drift music vid ive been wanting to do for a long time.
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

GT3x24x7 wrote:It's just a pity that car can't be used legitimately in the game.
Yeah it sure is, but since EA admitted it was a their mistake the car was still locked, I felt free to unlock it myself. :D
CPGallop
Ricer
Ricer

Post by CPGallop »

I wanna know that how wiil u find out cheat.............

Return to “News”