[YACHT] Yet Another Carbon Hex-editing Tutorial

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Mmm, yeah, I've got a question. I remember that someone had discovered a way, how to let one of your wingmans have the same car that you're driving, or exchanging those cars totally. Like:

- Neville has Nissan 350z -> Now he is driving the same that I'm driving
- Neville has Nissan 350z -> Now he is driving Skyline GT-R

So how was it to get those work, 'cause I don't remember? :D
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

For your wingman to have the same exact car you're driving, replace the Customization Slot ID on the wingman's car with FF.

To change his car, create a new car in My Cars and add the necessary options using hex-edit and whatnot. Then, replace all but the carslot ID for the wingman's car with all but the carslot ID of your My Cars car. It has to be done in that way. If you don't replace the wingman's car, the game will crash.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Huh, weird. I exchanged wingmans car from 80 to FF, but nothing happened. Also, I tried to make it so, that I putted BMW M3 to My cars, exchanged 02 to 80 and wingmans 80 to 02, but nothing happened. Wtf...
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Don't change the Slot ID. You'll need to change the change the Customization Slot ID to FF for your wingman to have the same car. Read the hex-editing guide to find the Customization Slot ID.

Replacing the 02 with an 80 WILL NOT work. You will need to find the entire carslot for the wingman's car, and replace EVERYTHING in that carslot except the slot ID with the carslot info of your modified car. Then change the 02 to 80.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

We need a program to do that... or a translator! :lol:
NFSC_Pro
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NFSC_Pro »

i still dont understand how to find the M3 vinyl :( , idk wats wrong, im doing everything right, or atleast i hope i am and i still cant seem to find that 557D code anywhere, i did all the customization calcs. and everything and it just leads me to a bunch of 3F 3F 3F 3F 3F 3F 3F 3F 3F 3F codes, which i know is nopt the M3 GTR vinyl code, maybe its the program that i am using; TSearch, maybe thats the problem, idk, anyhelp right about know would be great
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: [YACHT] Yet Another Carbon Hex-editing Tutorial

Post by prince1142003 »

TSearch edits in memory. The addresses are different there. You need to get a proper hex editor and edit the savegame while it's not in memory.
NFSC_Pro
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NFSC_Pro »

ok so now that you tell me Tsearch is not the right program, can u give me the name of a good hex editing program that will help me find that M3 code so i can finally delete it an start customizing the M3's appearance? idk wat i would honestly do with out this forum i already learned so much and im hungry to learn more, so can u give me a Hex editing program please? i appreciate all the time and effort ure putting in to help me here :D
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Hex Workshop.
NFSC_Pro
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NFSC_Pro »

ok, i have hex workshop and its weird, cuz when i do the calculations to get the customization slot of the M3 i get 58700, which i then look for that row on the left hand side, and then it turns out its not there the closest number there is to 58700 is 58718, so im lost there, some other time i typed in the M3's car code to try top find the car code its self, and then it said, no possible codes were found or something like that, so idk what to do i ma liost with hex workshop, u mind telling me wat im doing wrong please? :(, ohh by the wat what do i have to open to look for the M3 vinyl code? the texture's part in the BMW M3 GTR folder? or the NFSC game icon?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Open the savegame. It's located in My Documents\NFS Most Wanted
NFSC_Pro
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NFSC_Pro »

ok thx everything is starting to make sense now, but theres always has to be one problem, when i did the calculation to get the M3 customization slot i got the number 58700, but the only thing is that the numbers on my save game end at 4601C, so how am i supposed to find the customization slot 58700 whenit ends at 4601C??? :?:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Crap,I told you the wrong location for the saves. They're in My Documents\NFS Carbon.

It's been ages since I've done hex editing on Carbon or Most Wanted. It's going to take me a while to remember and get familiar with it again.
NFSC_Pro
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NFSC_Pro »

no its ok u told me the right one i only have carbon anywats, lol, all the stuff i just told u in the previious message is still a problem it ends at like 4601C and i need to get to 58700, so idk wats wrong wat do i have to do to get to that slot cuz it ends at 4601C?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Make sure you're doing the calculations in hexadecimal mode. Beyond that, we need to continue this conversation in PMs. Send me a copy of your savegame and I'll walk you through it.
NFSC_Pro
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NFSC_Pro »

its not letting me attach my savegame in the private message so idk wat to do give me your email so we can talk on there
dalamar23666
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dalamar23666 »

Ok, I need some help. I have been trying to change things on a car that is stock so that it is no longer stock. I have been playing with the hex codes and have found a few things out about it.

The second set of numbers in the identifier for the car has to do with the vinayls (I will use the corolla as the example) The set I am referring to are these 16431235 16431235. That is why some of the cars have a different number on the second set. The next number I know is where it is as far as game location. 16431235 16431235 02 (career), and the next number makes the cost 0 if changed to 01 instead of 00. The next number it claims has to do with the editing for vinyals and everything. I have changed that number to anything and nothing changes. It keeps things the same. For example, 16431235 16431235 0200 0400 0F00 I also could not find an area like it says in the walk through to adjust the vinals and things for that car as many cars have the 0F thing. So there is no CDCDCD thing that is unique like in MW.

However, if you change the next unique ID when the car is in your garage which comes after the 0000 in the hex code which on mine is 2303, to match another car that can be edited when you go to change the performance the car takes on some of the charectoristics of the car you matched the next ID with even though you keep the identifiers the same in the begginning of the code. For example, 16431235 16431235 0200 0400 0F00 0000 2303. If you change the 2303 to match with another car, you can adjust the performance and things there, however they do not take effect when you try to drive the car and they also ruin both cars and you have to rebuy them because the textures get screwed up.

The other thing I have tried is playing the game with the RX8 that you unlock with the mazda dealer as well as a few others from the end of the list on the wiki that start with a CD on the hex. I change the location in the hex code from 20 to 01 to make the car purchasable in the game. Then I run into the texture problem. You can see the vinalys in the car shop and you can see them in the garage. But as soon as you leave either of them it removes the vinaly completely and does not bring it back. How do I save the vinaly so that it sticks with the car no matter what? The ones I want to use are not a choice in the editing menus.

How do I make it so I can change the stock car to be performance changable? I cannot find any specific hex code for that in Carbon that is unique to the car code 0F or whatever the customization code may be as they are the same for many cars.

Also, How do I enable the vynals to stay that I see in the car shop and in my garage so when I go to free roam or race they revert back to the default even though the hex code remains the same.

Edit*Sorry about that. After rereading it I must agree it is a mess.*
Last edited by dalamar23666 on 11 Aug 2007, 05:02, edited 2 times in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Do you think you can break up your questions/problems with numbers so that it's easier to identify and answer them all? Thanks.
dalamar23666
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dalamar23666 »

Something to add to that last bit that may help clear up some confusion. I have just got done doing all the math and everything for the customization slots. I took another car that was the same class and everything as the car I want to edit (the corolla). The engine nos transmission etc were all 1500 0000. When I went to where the customization was for this car it was all 0000 0000. Telling me it was definately stock. I changed the numbers there to match with the test car I was copying. All the changes saved as far as engine etc. But...... They had NO effect in game. To make sure I was working on the right vehicle and had done my math all right, I changed the vinyl which is the first thing before the tires. That changed as well so I knew it was the right car.

How can I make the hex changes I do to the engine take???

Also, I was playing with the vinyl for this vehicle. There is some hard coded vinyl that it has. I changed the vinyl code to match what I want it to be and then there is FFFF right after the code so you can't put in a number to specify a color change. If I insert a few rows to add the colors I want is that going to FUBAR everything in the save file? I figured I would ask people that had done it first.

I know that the car is meant to be stock...........but since when did people that are in the save file hex editing want things to remain the way EA wanted them lol

I hope this makes more sense than my last post once I have been doing more playing.
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

PLEASE,can someone help me how to remove bmw m3 gtr texture vinyl,with hex workshop?i tried everything
but didnt make it!!!Can someone guide me step by step how to remove the vynil??
Im lost please HELP ME!!!!!
dalamar23666
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dalamar23666 »

Remove the texture vinyl

Some of the cars (which aren't meant to be bought) come with a texture vinyl and not a true carbon vinyl. In order to put your own carbon vinyls on, you need to remove the texture vinyl first.
1) Check the list at the bottom if there is a texture code for your car.
2) Find the customization2 slot for the car you want to remove the texture. If you haven't messed around with the parts yet, all part slots should be near each other and you should be able to find the texture code from 1) near the end of the chain.
3) Replace the code with something you can find again (in case of an error) and something that isn't another texture code itself. 1234 might be a good choice.
Cr@zy_Lord
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cr@zy_Lord »

I have a problem: I want to put the Cross Vinyl on my Corvette Z06. I have worked with Tsearch, because on normal Hex-Editors I don't find the slots. I did following things:
I bought a Corvette Z06.
I put a Vinyl on it, that I dont need any more. I decided stripes 28. In Tsearch, I searched for the code. Then i replaced the Code with the Code from the Z06. I ended NFS Carbon and started it new. But the Cross-Vinyl isn't on my car. What have I done wrong? Thanks for help.
Greetings
FrankieGthang
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FrankieGthang »

dalamar do u have msn so u can guide me trough removing bmw m3 vinyl?
PLEASEEEEEE :D :D
jeffareid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffareid »

If anyone is interest in getting the Audi with the darker side panels, the part number is 1504, which replaces the lighter side panel part 1104. The dark side panels look better with darker paints. The part number is from the Darius version of the car, but usually when you get the Darius car, you end up with the lighter side panel part.
Sir Tristan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sir Tristan »

Sorry for posting so long after the last post...
But: I'm using Hex Workshop and I've seen the tutorial - the numbers on HW are not at all similarly grouped as in the tutorial and I can't find anything - can anyone give me some help here?

Return to “Editing”