Cheat Reporting System

The official Need for Speed Carbon Leaderboards forum for suggestions, discussions, competitions and more.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Cheat Reporting System

Post by GT3x24x7 »

We have now installed a cheat reporting system to the leaderboards. The system allows you to report a shadow that appears to contain cheating of any kind. Here's how it works:
  • 1. Download and run against the shadow.

You MUST download the shadow and run against it before you can report a cheat. The cheat reporting controls do not appear until you have downloaded the shadow.

2. Report the shadow

Once you have downloaded the shadow, refresh the shadow download page. You'll now find a new button is available that allows you to report the shadow as a cheat. When you click the Report button, you MUST enter the reason why you believe the shadow to contain cheating. A simple description of the type of cheating involved will do nicely.

Also, PLEASE be damn sure that the shadow contains cheating. Bear in mind that there is ALWAYS someone faster than you. You need to look for things in the shadow that are simply impossible to perform in game - there must be no question about this. Abuse of the system will not be tolerated.
That's it. Easy. So what happens next? I'm glad you asked. NFSUnlimited Staff continually monitor the list of cheat reports from the leaderboards. When a shadow is reported, it is then checked by a staff member, and if we agree that the shadow is cheated, the Leaderboard policy on cheating comes into effect:
  • Cheating on the leaderboards results in instant and permanent account deactivation and the removal of all times from the leaderboards. What's more, any showroom presence that user might have is also deleted. Go cheat somewhere else and forget about ever coming back. We will not negotiate these terms.
By the way, two users have already disappeared from the site for breaking this rule. Please, don't even think about it - we're serious.
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 29 Dec 2006, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

This will cause problems. I've seen a few of my own shadow runs, and the game really skrews up whenever Speedbreaker is used. My shadow hit a wall, flipped, and instantly appeared about 50 yards away. Some would call that cheating, but I know I used speedbreaker at the corner where it happened.

So yeah...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

That is why all cheat reports will be dealt with personally by site staff, who will run against the shadow before taking any action. We are well aware of the vagaries exhibited by NFSC shadow recordings.
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 29 Dec 2006, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

That's cool. Hopefully there won't be a lot of cheat reports, or you guys will have your work cut out for you.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Indeed. It will be a learning curve on both sides of the fence.
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Cool. But what if someone uses a car that is not accepted (ex: Porsche 911 Turbo) would that be considered cheating?

PS: Who has been banned?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

BrontoX wrote:Cool. But what if someone uses a car that is not accepted (ex: Porsche 911 Turbo) would that be considered cheating?
Refer to this topic.
BrontoX wrote:PS: Who has been banned?
Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

I found some cheaters...
Attachments
la ponti.jpg
Last edited by korge on 29 Dec 2006, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
korge
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

My joke is way better than your joke.
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

agree :lol:

and i got a question:

the Koenigsegg CCX is accepted, but since there's no normal way of unlocking it, does unlocking it with a trainer mean cheating?? (not that i would run into this problem, none of those damn trainers work...)
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

There is a normal way of unlocking it: Buy the Collectors Edition
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Indeed. It's legitimately available in the Collector's Edition, and therefore an allowable car.
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

oh, dang....forgot that....

but i just meant cars that SHOULD be available through normal gameplay, but which have to be unlocked by a hex edit or trainer, is that cheating??

and: i've got the normal Carbon (not the CE). If i unlock the CCX or 240SX (or any other car that isn't available in the normal Carbon) with a trainer of a hex edit, is it cheating??
Who found out you can get milk from a cow, and what the hell was he doing at the moment?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I suggest you apply the Collector's Edition patch from the Carbon Utils Section to your game.
RVD
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RVD »

well, if i use this program: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=13394

is this cheating??
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

aslong as it is nothing that makes you faster or gives you some sort of advantage over others.. it should be fine
Last edited by YaelDjiel on 31 Dec 2006, 08:44, edited 1 time in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

RVD wrote:well, if i use this program: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=13394

is this cheating??
That program unlocks certain cars that the leaderboards don't allow (namely the Porsche 911 Turbo).
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

.. which isn't a problem since the leaderboard system actively rejects the upload of shadows run with disallowed cars.

Aside from unlocking otherwise non-unlockable cars, that tool doesn't appear to give you anything that can't otherwise be unlocked legitimately in the game. As Djiel says, this should be fine.
fahadanwar83_2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Cheat Reporting System

Post by fahadanwar83_2 »

GT3x24x7, do you detect cheaters if they use:-
A) Unauthorised unlisted Cars.
B) Unlimited Nitro Cheat
C) Unlimited Speed Breaker Cheat
Last edited by fahadanwar83_2 on 18 May 2008, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.
I'm the greatest Need For Speed series Golden Phoenix Champion Street Racer.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

fahadanwar83_2 wrote:GT3x24x7, do you detect cheaters if they use:-
A) Unauthorised unlisted Cars.
B) Unlimited Nitro Cheat
C) Unlimited Speed Breaker Cheat
I think, with the exception of A, the rest are physical cheating. I think it should not be a problem using unlisted cars. After all, the Unlocker is for public download. If that's considered cheating, that utility would not have been allowed to be for download in the first place. :)
fahadanwar83_2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fahadanwar83_2 »

Thanks, Andre_online, for your answer.
I'm the greatest Need For Speed series Golden Phoenix Champion Street Racer.

Return to “Leaderboards”