Saddam Hussein

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Saddam Hussein

Post by korge »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,240117,00.html

Saddam hanged at around 10 EST today. I think he did desrve it, however, he was a global historical icon (like Hitler) and now he is dead... Hmm, cant get that autograph anymore..
korge
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

he sure did deserve it!
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

CNN was crazy covering the execution. I think it wasn't the best way, remember that we are humans, not because a dude tocuh our arm with a finger means that we have to do the same for him. I'm not with his acts, but as a human, i think prison would be fine...not killing, we want peace, not more death examples...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

xturbo wrote:CNN was crazy covering the execution. I think it wasn't the best way, remember that we are humans, not because a dude tocuh our arm with a finger means that we have to do the same for him. I'm not with his acts, but as a human, i think prison would be fine...not killing, we want peace, not more death examples...
seriously, this is how I felt... I see on all these other forums, people disrespecting and saying terrible things toward this execution. Yes he did deserve it, but I think this important event deserves a bit of respect... :roll:
korge
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

xturbo wrote:CNN was crazy covering the execution. I think it wasn't the best way, remember that we are humans, not because a dude tocuh our arm with a finger means that we have to do the same for him. I'm not with his acts, but as a human, i think prison would be fine...not killing, we want peace, not more death examples...
No I'm sorry, the kind of acts he did were intolerable and he deserved what he got. The gasing of curds, the killing of his own people..and he gets off scot free in prison? no way man he had what was coming to him.

lol apparently loads of people applied to be his executioner from all over the world..
this 76 year old lady who lost all her sons there :( can you blame her?

an eye for an eye
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

But if you think that you have reason, it's logical to let you die for something you thought u were doing correct?
I know saddam did terrible things, but it's a human, we can't go down at his level, we are better than him, why "low" our personality to him doing the same thing??

I think it's not a good example for young people, we're teaching them "Well. if he kicked you, you have to kick him and also put a knife in his body". No, that's worng, we need to give better examples of punishment, like cutting his fortune, or putting him in jail for the rest of his life, to change his mind once for all. Those are examples, not killing...

Now I heard that some iraquis dudes were warning USA goverment if they let Saddam get executed, like terrorists attacks, and so on.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

Its about time, he did deserve it, for what he did.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I'm siding with xturbo on this one.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

I'm against the death penalty.
IMO it's a much worse punishment to spend the rest of your life in a small cell all by yourself.
That's what they should've done.
lol wut
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

WHY DOES THIS shiznit HAVE TO BE ALL OVER THE INTERNET?

Sorry. I am depressed.
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

the thing is, we have to look at it from two sides, I mean, if Saddamn was not killed there would be civil unrest and possibly rioting, from people who have lost entire families, or who have encountered him themselves - it has to be all over the internet as this is a major event of the 21st century
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

amda1 wrote:the thing is, we have to look at it from two sides, I mean, if Saddamn was not killed there would be civil unrest and possibly rioting, from people who have lost entire families, or who have encountered him themselves - it has to be all over the internet as this is a major event of the 21st century
That is a good way to put it, and we got to view his execution. That is a pretty big deal guys/gals.. That is why I feel they shouldnt have just killed him though.. the dude is a major historical figure and now that he is dead, well, he is officially history now..
korge
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It's not like his death is going to cause any less uproar. Remember, while he was in power the Sunnis were in power and the Shi'ites were oppressed. Now the Shi'ites are in power and the Sunnis are unhappy. Now that he's dead, the insurgency may get even more drastic.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

ZOmgG Its THE END TIMES!!!
korge
amda1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by amda1 »

yeh true, I watched a documentary on iraq today, and it put the arguement forward that most of the trouble is caused by the US prescence, I think they need to back out.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

In a way I do think he did deserve it, but I can clearly understand Xturbo's point and he is right. deathpenalty is a way of lowering yourself to their (criminals) level.

But then it is officially Iraqi law (of wich I won't be suprised that Saddam made some of the laws that became his own doom).
The most stupid thing I read was the statement given by President Bush claiming it was a big step towards democratie in Iraq.... YEAH RIGHT, only thing it is bringing is more civil unrest cause the people of Iraq had mixed opinions on this subject.

You can say alot about him, but he did manage to keep the groups in the country from fighting each other... be it with brute force....:roll:
Blazing Gallardo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Blazing Gallardo »

he did deserve it but i didnt wish his death. I dont like to wish people do die. 8)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

TheStig wrote:..But then it is officially Iraqi law (of wich I won't be suprised that Saddam made some of the laws that became his own doom)...
Yeah I agree with you there stiggy, it's like murphy law....killed by his own laws.... :roll:
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Killed by unfair trial actually.
He should've been prosecuted in the Hague.
Instead he was basicly in US custody until he was hanged.
Not saying I feel bad that Saddam is dead but everybody deserves an non-bias trial.
lol wut
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

korge wrote:
seriously, this is how I felt... I see on all these other forums, people disrespecting and saying terrible things toward this execution. Yes he did deserve it, but I think this important event deserves a bit of respect... :roll:
Maybe so but another reason the Iraq government did this is because just because he is in jail dosn't stop him from getting out or still comducting attaks from the sidelines... plus this was supposed to be liek a threat to terrorists to get them to stop or at least slow down.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

The guy was a complete b*stard and deserved to die. However, I agree that he should have spent the rest of his life in gaol as opposed to being hung though, for one reason:

He's going to become a martyr to the factions in Iraq who believed his way was the correct way - it's only going to lead to increased violence in the area from what I can see.

At least he wasn't put to death by the Americans though. That would have made matters even worse for their (and our) poor troops on the gorund.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Ya, alot of my friends have had to go to Iraq because of that ********! HE DESERVED TO BE HUNG!!!!!!!!!! HE ALMOST KILLED MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

he deserved it but like all of us he was a man...
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Carcrazy wrote:Ya, alot of my friends have had to go to Iraq because of that ********! HE DESERVED TO BE HUNG!!!!!!!!!! HE ALMOST KILLED MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!
He wasn't there with a gun and shooting your friend, but he sent thousand of people to do that ;)

anyway, i was seeing CNN and there u go: the headline was --> WAR IN IRAQ . This only is going to increase violence in the whole country, and bush now is going to send more marines as an excuse to get more attention to him and also stay as the "savior of the country"...

What a president... :roll:
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

As my cousin said about the execution.....ownd.

Return to “General Discussion”