Carbon Import/Export

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
ImPaKt
Ricer
Ricer

Carbon Import/Export

Post by ImPaKt »

Hey, is there an import/export script for the NFSC cars for 3ds max/maya programs? I have both of these but do not want to pay another $53 for zmod 2.

I want to import the vehicles and export fro GTA San Andreas...

If there isnt, can somebody with Zmod 2.0.9 hit me up on MSN and send me the exported .3ds files from their zmod/carbon so i can use them then?

Many thankyous if anywaone can help me.

My MSN is impaktgtas@googlemail.com
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Sharing models imported using a registered version of Zmodeler is illegal according to the Zmodeler license agreement.

Currently, the only known way to extract models other than using Zmodeler is to use 3DXRipper. Use a FOV value of 45 when exporting.
ImPaKt
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ImPaKt »

Yeah i'm currently trying to work out how to use this thing :P

Will it just export the car or everything?

Also can it be used to export the tuner parts as well coz i'm using the model in a GTA SA mod.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I have no idea. I don't have Zmod 2.0.9 yet. I have heard that it extracts the required textures when extracting the mesh.

3DXRipper will only extract the current scene and everything in it, including textures.
ImPaKt
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ImPaKt »

Well 3d ripper dx isnt the best way about it imo, the model for the car leans forward at like 20 degrees and its at a slant. Also there's no mapping on the textures :(

EDIT: No 3DX Ripper is pretty bad, the wheels come out oval shaped, the car leans at a funny angle and all sorts of problems.

Return to “Editing”