Future nfs idea

2006 Need for Speed Carbon

Do you think they should give you a whole state to play with?

Yes i could cause more havok on the road.
100%
no i drive at sane speeds
No votes

Total votes: 13

hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Future nfs idea

Post by hugh750 »

I had had idea for a future nfs game where you had a whole state to play in (kinda like gta san andreas) but you could choose any highway or side road.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i really dont get what you are saying. i understand the city part, (which is a crap idea) but i dont get the poll.
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

What i'm saying in the poll question you should be able to race from one point in the state to another and have the choice of what route to take. :twisted:
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Even clearer: Would you like to play Free Roam in futurous NFS like using the whole USA or a certain area (like Bayview).
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Finalmaster2 wrote:Even clearer: Would you like to play Free Roam in futurous NFS like using the whole USA or a certain area (like Bayview).
No. I believe he said STATE which means a collosal amount of cities in one region.

It would take 14 hours just to get to the other side of the border. :roll:
korge
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

korge wrote:
Finalmaster2 wrote:Even clearer: Would you like to play Free Roam in futurous NFS like using the whole USA or a certain area (like Bayview).
No. I believe he said STATE which means a collosal amount of cities in one region.

why not, you see new things every time you play, i like it. but since carbon has reduced signle player mode to no more than a side kick, they should really completely abolish the single player mode. I mean you should still be able to free roam and challenge game AI players, but you should also be able to free roam in online game mode and gather anywhere (in free roam mode) to show off or look at each other's ride, plus being able to chat to each other. That doesn't require any fancy new technology at all as many rpg games already have such configurations for years. The only thing might be a problem is how many players is allowed in one game room, but hey, if battlefield 2 can arrange 64 player games, why can't nfs, they are both from EA after all.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

korge wrote:

Well at least it would be challenging, If you include stops for fuel and other things.
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

I like this. It's kind of like my idea of multiple cities/towns with connecting roads (both highways and back-roads), means you have more space to race on. Of course some races would entail these inter-town roads. And you can have things like ghost towns, service centers (kind of like an Interstate rest area, but with a restaurant and gas station as well....they're kind of prohibited on most US Interstates I heard, Canada however has plenty). And also there could be a highway patrol who is the main police force outside the towns/cities (and the only thing you have to worry about on the highways at lower heat levels).

~Ra'akone
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Morty and I would love to drive over a whole state :P
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

korge wrote:

And that's a bad thing? My ultimate dream for a NFS game is the world we live in, with the same distances between each city. I know that will never happen, it would take a LOT of time to make it, maybe 15-20 years... GTA San Andreas is a step in the right direction, but it's far from big enough, as you can drive around it in 10-15 minutes with a fast car.

A state sounds great. Cities for those who like to drive in those, and a lot of countryside roads for people like me. Everyone would be able to race in their favorite areas, and hopefully, a few mountain roads covered in snow. The Alps in NFS Porsche are so much fun, and with 2010 technology, it would be awesome.

SP4RCO is right, we would love to drive over a whole state :D
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Morty wrote:
korge wrote:

And that's a bad thing? My ultimate dream for a NFS game is the world we live in, with the same distances between each city. I know that will never happen, it would take a LOT of time to make it, maybe 15-20 years... GTA San Andreas is a step in the right direction, but it's far from big enough, as you can drive around it in 10-15 minutes with a fast car.

A state sounds great. Cities for those who like to drive in those, and a lot of countryside roads for people like me. Everyone would be able to race in their favorite areas, and hopefully, a few mountain roads covered in snow. The Alps in NFS Porsche are so much fun, and with 2010 technology, it would be awesome.

SP4RCO is right, we would love to drive over a whole state :D
I dont care. You are just being stupid with that post.

Can you imagine how much memorizing of all the roads and every single path would have to happen? An ENTIRE STATE? You are nucking futs. Why on earth would I want to get lost in a racing game going around in circles and only realize, Oh yea, I still have to travel 800 miles just to get to my race location.

The only reason people are good at racing games arent becuase they have fast cars, but jsut know the track very well. Memorizing and learnign and practicing 400 trillion track variations is pointless.

Yeah it sounds cool, but it isnt a very economical move for a video game studio. Not to mention it would probobly just weewee people off.

You just have to realize that the amount of sqr miles that you are talking about serves no real purpose. It takes too much time to make, Is a killer on the game size and load times (and dont say "in the future technology")

Not to mention people have lives and dont want to have to put up with such a big massive video game just becuase a couple players wanted to go on a summer cross country drive in a video game.

It wont happen. Closest thing would be MS Flight Simulater, but that is still a different story. You arent dealing with fully detailed terrain, traffic, and just the fact that planes travel distance much faster than an automobile so an entire state isnt a big deal.

If you want to go "any where you want in the world!!!", get your car keys and jacket and walk out your door.
korge
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

korge wrote:
Morty wrote:
korge wrote:

Yeah it sounds cool, but it isnt a very economical move for a video game studio. Not to mention it would probobly just weewee people off.
But it would be a big hit with the nfs players.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

hugh750 wrote:
korge wrote:
Morty wrote: But it would be a big hit with the nfs players.
You didnt read a word he said.
See the bold part? It means that it would weewee NFS players off.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Lol.. It changed my wor P I SS... I know I would get tired of finding my way around.
korge
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

Not if they included some sort of gps type of map that you go use to locate yourself.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

hugh750 wrote:Not if they included some sort of gps type of map that you go use to locate yourself.
Even if there were GPS you would still be travelling for bloody hours. Noone wants a map that is 800 miles long. As Korge said, noone wants to have to memorize 800sq miles of road to figure out the easiest way around.
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

It still would be fun and like i said before it would be a big hit.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

It would be a big hit because it would annoy the wee out of everyone. End of story.
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

It still would be fun even it was annoying by trying to beat your opponent from one point in the state to another.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Its a cute Idea. Trust me, I thought of it before aswell as hundreds of other dudes, but it is just a stupid idea.

Yes I think maps for racing games need to be larger, jsut not the size of a small country or state.

BTW, Hugh isnt putting up much reason except "Its Cool!" :roll:
korge
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

Then it's a size problem.

What is exactly a "state"? I searched for the USA states ranking by size:
http://worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/usabysiz.htm

Texas 260k sq miles while others like New Jersey or Connecticut are 50 times smaller.

Well I know Spain is 200k sq miles large and it's just too big for a game. But a small region like Asturias (4000 sq miles) would work fine. I know it and its size is perfect. Its a bit smaller than Connecticut. There are a lot of mountain roads, beach and cities.

Here is a small comparison I just made. It's not 100% exact. That little square at the bottom-left is the GTA:SA world which is 17x17 = 289sq miles.

Texas is HUGE and boring for a game. It would take 5 hours to arrive to East from West (then 5 hours more to get to North, etc.) Florida is too big aswell. Connecticut rules :P (40m * 4 = 160m = 2h 40m to complete a circle around the whole map.)
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Raakone
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Raakone »

Maybe what should be done, is have a few cities and towns and villages, and numerous connecting roads, both highways and backroads...and things like service centres and a ghost town and tons of secrets. And, unless you're in a cop chase, there must be "jump points" for each town and city....maybe something along the lines of the waypoints in Diablo II, except you don't have to be on one to jump to one.

~Ra'akone
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

LA Rush has lots of driving room, infact, driving around was the best part of the game, considering the races sucked... but still... the massive free roam world was awesome, i did nothing but drive around and run over the hollywood sign for 3 days straight! :D
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii

TDU. Not too small, not insanely large either.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Exacly, anything larger than that Im sure is overkill.

I hear how people hate the race where you must drive the whole island perimeter (taking about an hour)
korge

Return to “Carbon”