Grand Theft Auto: IV

Video games, video games and video games! Racing games, console games, fps, rpg, The everything about video games board.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Grand Theft Auto: IV

Post by TheStig »

Shall I sum it up?

- Boring
- Repetitive
- GTA3 with new GFX
- Boring (or did I already mention that?)

Sorry I didn't make a story out of it....
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

TheStig wrote:- Repetitive
I've found that, and I've only achieved a bit over 50% completion. At least they've made it last more then a day, unlike any NFS game.

It isn't a bad game... I love it, but it's reealy lacking the same of depth which the previous GTA's had. A lot less interesting things to do. :( I'm sick of idiots like Little jacob phoning me up in the middle of a rampage, because he wants to play a game darts. JUST SOD OFF!
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

TheStig wrote:Shall I sum it up?

- Boring
- Repetitive
- GTA3 with new GFX
- Boring (or did I already mention that?)

Sorry I didn't make a story out of it....
I've had the game now since about two weeks after release and I'm only at the second island. Usually when I really like the game, I finish it as soon as possible, but with GTA4 I just can't make myself play it.
What the logic was behind the 100% score reviews, I have no idea. The game is practically the same as the previous GTA titles - same mission style, same more or less boring story (you're a nobody gangster trying to succeed - how many times before have we heard that???), once again no repeat mission option (the sucky one in this game doesn't count) and a few issues with controls I've been having (which I guess is due to the lack of mouse and keyboard).
The game definitely didn't suck me in as the really good ones do.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I feel exactly the same as Bojan.
I didn't suck me in like a good game should, and where you just have to keep playing...

But I agree with Jacoja it beats NFS in total game time. :lol:
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

I have a feeling the PC version of the game will make u change ur minds.

I mean the reason SAn Andreas felt more enthusiastic and fun, was because of the ability to move around more freely because of the keyboard mouse combo. I felt bored playing on the xbox360 as well. But then i started playing San Andreas on PC again, and realized that it felt more in depth because it was more accessible.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I really doubt it. and I'm not going to buy the game to find out.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Yea..me neither. I already spent like 100$ for the 360 version, so i guess ill just have to 'improvise' for the PC version. :P
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Well...noone told you to buy the special edition where you don't really get anything special =P
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Im not buying the PC version when its release, i would get it in a way that cannot be spoken about... :lol: or prolly copy it from a friend or install and use a No CD hack something like that.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

t3ice wrote:I have a feeling the PC version of the game will make u change ur minds.

I mean the reason SAn Andreas felt more enthusiastic and fun, was because of the ability to move around more freely because of the keyboard mouse combo. I felt bored playing on the xbox360 as well. But then i started playing San Andreas on PC again, and realized that it felt more in depth because it was more accessible.
It's not like it's impossible to do fps or action games on the console. Bioshock was very good in that area. GTA feels a bit weird though. And no, I'm not crazy to go and spend money on the same game again on another system...

And still when a game is really good and sucks you in, you can easily forgive the technical problems it has.
amritchail
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by amritchail »

finished the game at 58.87 percent.Not got to bother killing flying rats n doing brucie's car delivery missions.....sucky,now its up for sale!!
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Well...noone told you to buy the special edition where you don't really get anything special =P
lawlz..I didnt buy no special edition..the game got banned here,so i had to get it from some one on the outside, and he charged me an effing fortune..:P
Bojan wrote: It's not like it's impossible to do fps or action games on the console. Bioshock was very good in that area. GTA feels a bit weird though. And no, I'm not crazy to go and spend money on the same game again on another system...

And still when a game is really good and sucks you in, you can easily forgive the technical problems it has.
Hmm..i get wat ur sayin. I played Bioshock aswell, and it really had me sucked in, on both PC an console versions.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Awww damn it. I think GTA IV for PC has been delayed until 2009:
http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=55438

And speaking of Bioshock, look what's also coming in 2009, though I never got into the first one despite its rave reviews.
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I dunno what to think, to be honest. I could put GTAIV up for sale, which inevitably means that I won't get my full moneys worth, trade it in for Resistance 2 when it comes, but then again I need two games and that is a complete and utter ripoff, or I can let it rot on my shelf and be 120 bucks poorer...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

18 gigs... :lol:
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Damn you, I was just about to post those. :P I'm not worried about the amount of hdd space, it's the vRAM that worries me. 512 MB?!?! My laptop videocard only has 256 MB. :( Hopefully minimum requirements are much lower than those.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Well i'm sure if you've played GTAIV on a console, you'd know why.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Well i'm sure if you've played GTAIV on a console, you'd know why.
Nope, I wouldn't see why. Previous GTA games had massive worlds and had relatively low requirements (for their time). This could be just laziness to optimize the game for the PC though I'm still waiting on those minimum requirements.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Euphoria engine, Way higher textures, A little something special for 2500 res users, All the sounds and detail in the game...But most PC gamers could fit this requirement anyways. Come on. You can't be telling me you haven't seen a larger game than this. Age of Conan anyone? Takes up around 26GB on HDDs. And that was a game with huge worlds.

And plus, the previous GTA's visuals weren't even a tap on GTAIV.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

And I was about to say GTAIV doesn't really look that good...
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Bojan wrote:And I was about to say GTAIV doesn't really look that good...
In comparison to previous GTAs, much better.

Go play San Andreas on highest settings on a PC and it still looks crap compared to GTA IV.

btw even San Andreas (PC) demanded high specs at its time of release.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Skyline_man wrote:In comparison to previous GTAs, much better.

Go play San Andreas on highest settings on a PC and it still looks crap compared to GTA IV.

Yea well San Andreas is 3 years older, no wonder GTA4 looks better... But compare it to modern games and it doesn't stand out at all.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Euphoria engine, Way higher textures, A little something special for 2500 res users, All the sounds and detail in the game...But most PC gamers could fit this requirement anyways. Come on. You can't be telling me you haven't seen a larger game than this. Age of Conan anyone? Takes up around 26GB on HDDs. And that was a game with huge worlds.

And plus, the previous GTA's visuals weren't even a tap on GTAIV.
If you would have read my 2 previous posts, you would have noticed that I wasn't talking about hdd space at all and despite all the new graphics engine gimmicks, the game itself doesn't look THAT great (GTA was never about graphics which is why the system requirements further surprise me).
Bojan wrote:
Skyline_man wrote:In comparison to previous GTAs, much better.

Yea well San Andreas is 3 years older, no wonder GTA4 looks better... But compare it to modern games and it doesn't stand out at all.
Which again I'm surprised at the high requirements. Like we don't know the minimum requirements yet so I'm not making any judgment but if an ancient 6600GT with only 128 MB of vRAM can handle Unreal Engine 3, a high tech demanding engine, especially the massive Warfare maps, I don't see why GTA IV won't work, if done properly of course.

EDIT: By the way, the requirements have been taken down from the site.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

I just got this for my PS3 and I've been playing around 5 hours now. IT'S THE BEST GTA EVAR!!!

I only wish the cars were easier to steer at high speeds, but other than that it is great.

PSN nick: NitroDC

Return to “The Games”