In the Spotlight: Bojan Puschner

The news visible on the main page
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

In the Spotlight: Bojan Puschner

Post by Skyline_man »

The second part of EA's community spotlight is up on the official site, and guess who's the next guest...our webmaster Bojan. 8)

So if you want to know more about Bojan's history with the NFS series, i suggest you take a look at the interview by clicking here.
Dumbass
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dumbass »

whoa
shocking :shock:
=D> =D>
Last edited by Dumbass on 08 Mar 2007, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

=D>

Bojan Rules! :P
so does all of the Moderators of course
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

some cool responses by Bojan there.. shame EA made it look like they dont really reply to it :/
jacoja06
Professional
Professional

Post by jacoja06 »

Yep, great interview bojan :)
Glad you told them your thoughts about the latest Need for Speed games... couldn't agree with you more.
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

I know this is going to be a hassle, but would someone please take the liberty to copy and paste the interview here? For some odd reason I can't view EA websites properly.
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

“In the driver’s seat” Community Spotlight (interview with Bojan Puschner )
For a new taste of what goes on in the NFS community, we are highlighting a new community spotlight piece where members of the NFS world will be introduced. Next up: Bojan Puschner of NFSunlimited.net

EA: Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Bojan: I'm a freshly employed 22 year old computer addict from Slovenia who has been playing computer games all his life.

EA: What do you do in the NFS community?(explain)

Bojan: I run a Need for Speed fansite called NFSUnlimited.net. I'm not as much involved on the news posting - forum managing side as on the programming side. I usually put the best ideas our visitors and staff members suggest into programming code. This cooperation gave us some pretty awesome results, like the Carbon shadow leaderboards, Showroom competitions and more. I'm also the dude who originally thought of the Showroom concept - an online gallery for pictures of cars made in the Need for Speed games.

EA: Did you start the fansite? How has your experience been so far?

Bojan: I started the fansite back in the year 2000 which was the age of Need for Speed Porsche. The community was thriving back then as NFS3 and NFS4 were openly moddable and everybody was designing cars and tracks. As a newcomer to the community it was pretty hard to keep up as back then the average age was pretty high. Everything changed when the first Underground was released - the Showroom related era began. The effort required to keep the website up to date increased dramatically. We started with these so called Showroom Challenges, a simple vote for the best designed car contests which ended in two huge competitions, one for each Udnerground game, with really cool real life prizes donated by sponsors. Organizing these competitions definetly required a lot of time and effort as it happened a few times that I had to wake up at 3am and fix fix bugs to keep the competition running. I even had to postpone my vacation for a few days once. But the best NFS related experience was definetly the community day event for Most Wanted - an all expenses paid 3 day trip to Vancouver, Canada. That was really a once in a lifetime experince, definetly the best time I had in the long history of Need for Speed.

EA: How long have you been playing the NFS franchise?

Bojan: I started with The Need for Speed Special Edition, which was actually the first game I ever bought. From then on I didn't miss a single game in the series. I also have to say that I don't like the latest games as much as the good old TNFS, NFS2, Porsche and the first Underground which are my favourite titles in the series.

EA: How do you feel about the current state of the NFS community? What would you do different?

Bojan: The NFS community has degraded quite a bit lately. I would say that it's mostly because there hasn't been much innovation in the latest titles in the series. Underground was a huge change to its predecessor Hot Pursuit 2, but U2, Most Wanted and Carbon featured only minor changes in gameplay - U2 massive amount of visual styling, Most Wanted cops and Carbon... What was new in Carbon? Me and quite a few others are silently hoping for another classic exotic locations, exotic cars game, but with the standards the previous NFS titles made (free roam, visual styling) I know it's highly unlikely we'll be getting such a game.

EA: What is your favorite car class?

Bojan: I've always been an exotics fan - Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos and the likes. But I must say that I really enjoyed the little rice rockets from the first Underground. Just please don't put them side by side with exotics!

EA: What is the best ride you have ever built? (pictures?)

Bojan: I did a little digging around and I found this Mitsubishi Lancer ES. It's from the first Underground and I picked it because it was selected as the best black car on a themed competition. I also like the Carrera GT shot because I managed to get a really good ingame picture of the stock car (which is one of my favourite cars).

EA: Anything else?

Bojan: Thanks for inviting me to this interview and I hope the next game in the series will be announced soon so that news can start flowing again!
there you go :)
keanhong
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keanhong »

Bojan rulez, nfsunlimited.net rulez.. EA???
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I'm glad Bojan told them that the newer NFS games just sucked and that there hasn't been any innovation but it seems EA just doesn't give a damn (by the lack of replies)...ugh...when will they learn?
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Woohoo! Yay for bobyx/Bojan!
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

Go Bojan!
nice interview too
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

Wow i can't believe they chose Bojan. But yeah EA didn't seem like they cared at all. Bunch of idiots. Except the programmers. They should go work for Rockstar or so and build some better games for a pretty much better company.

Good on ya Bojan for telling the truth lol.
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

Turbocharger wrote:Wow i can't believe they chose Bojan.
i can beleive, he runs the biggest NFS fan site on the net, and nice interview bojan, glad you told them the new one sucked
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

=D> Good job Bojan!! Tell those EA representatives off! But I agree about the fact that they paid no attention to you; I think that they had the questions pre-made and agreed not to side-track from THEIR topics. But good on you to tell what you (And what the majority of many of us think here on nfsunlimited.net) think about these mediocre games that EA has been releasing in recent years.
RavenGT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RavenGT »

Major props and hats off to Bojan for bashing (okay, I exaggerated) the new games in front of EA.
enzo.ph
Drift King
Drift King

Post by enzo.ph »

Way the go bojan! :D
krist
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by krist »

Tell it as it is Bojan!! I want the High Stakes times back!
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I never said that NFS Carbon is a bad game, far from it. All I'm saying is that the series is becoming repetitive an uninnovative.
keanhong
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by keanhong »

another good alternative to promote NFSUNLIMITED.net.. Yeah!
EAmstephenson
EA
EA

Post by EAmstephenson »

Geez guys, I meant it as an introduction to the NFS community. I want the entire community to meet Bojan and witness what he is doing for the community. He said his piece, and people saw it. They are pre-made questions asked by yours truly, but I never intended them to be "question and respond." Sorry to disappoint guys :(
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

we know how it works :wink:

just wouldve been nice if EA/you gave some nice and clever responses to what many think of the last games like Bojan

just makes it look more personal and gives a bit of a 'we care' attitude (which has been lacking for a while now... imho)

i do understand however, that everyone at EA is always busy and writing personal questions for all of the community people like Bojan will be a bit troublesome and take time etc

ah well :)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Nice one Bojan,

I think the reason why EA does not reply to his answers is simple:

EA send Bojan a list of questions by mail and he answers them and sends the whole package back, EA puts it on the site. done.

Correct me if I am wrong bojan. :wink:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I felt bojan was "censored" in someway...idk why.... :?
EA always skips those "fatal questions" for them....

Xturbo :?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

TheStig wrote:Nice one Bojan,

I think the reason why EA does not reply to his answers is simple:

EA send Bojan a list of questions by mail and he answers them and sends the whole package back, EA puts it on the site. done.

Correct me if I am wrong bojan. :wink:
Correct, it's a normal interview. They sent me questions, I sent them answers. It's the same deal as the questions we sent to EA a while ago.

And the answers were published in full, nothing was censored.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Bojan wrote:And the answers were published in full, nothing was censored.
Oh ok, I thought they in someway changed words to give different "point of view".
Nice interview Bojan.
I hope this time EA can hear the community. But I noticed that after Carbon, they started a massive campaign of questioning and opinions about actual NFS series.
EAmstephenson can you confirm this to me, please?
I feel that EA IS taking care of the situation at last... :?

Xturbo. :D
Last edited by xturbo on 12 Mar 2007, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News”