Screw the X360!

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.

How many of you own a X360 Core Console?

I do.
18%
No.
82%

Total votes: 38

gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Screw the X360!

Post by gearhead450 »

I don't think it's unknown to anyone that there has been technical issues with this console before, but lately the Core console has crossed the line with me.

In the last year alone, I've gone through *four* of those damnable machines, and everyone one of them has f8&%ed up! The first one nearly chewed up my "Most Wanted" game; the second one froze gameplay at the drop of a hat; the third had such an absurdly loud step-up transformer that I couldn't hear the damn stereo! :x

And last but certainly not least, the fourth died completely with the four flashing red lights as an indicator.

I got the latest one for free since it was produced around the time when Microsoft accidentally left the ESD foil over the microprocessor. But even then, this one refuses to run anything anymore: claiming that I'm inserting non XBOX360 discs into the DVD drive. :evil: :evil:

Now, I really don't give a buck-toothed firetruck if I ever own a X360 again; it's not worth my $300 to waste... especially for a damn "cheaper" version. :roll:
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

:lol: Feel sorry for you....

Mine is still alive not a single problem.. :P very quiet and runs very smooth everything is excellent, Its lasted ever since Xmas. My mum paid $800 for mine and ive got the huge pack dunno what its called but yeah its larger then the Core pack.. :wink:

Btw why make something like this when you can simply just put your thoughts in the Offtopic Thread :?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

buy a ps3. you won't have to buy a system again until the xbox 450 (or the ps4)
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

either a ps3 like fishwhiz said, or a wii, party consoles rule
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

I dont and i wont.

Moved to Hardware & Software Discussion.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

Well I have a premium one and nothing's gone wrong with it. It's either you, where you put it or you left it on for no reason.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Many 360s suffer from this problem, actually..
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Well I have a premium one and nothing's gone wrong with it. It's either you, where you put it or you left it on for no reason.
I ave mine situated on a tray, off of the floor. Trust me, I know how fragile electronics are with dust particles. Plus, I don't misreat the thing either.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Re: Screw the X360!

Post by donaldgladden »

gearhead450 wrote:
Now, I really don't give a buck-toothed firetruck if I ever own a X360 again; it's not worth my $300 to waste... especially for a damn "cheaper" version. :roll:

wow. hear him out microsoft and dont release the 360elite just yet. :lol:
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

It's got the Microsoft name on it - need we say more?

As you can guess, no, I don't own any 360 and have no intention of buying one. PC is perfectly adequate for me 8)
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

I have had my Core for a while, then I got a Premium, now Im in transition to getting a X360 Elite =]

Mine freezes once in a while. but its no big deal.

When people say " go buy a PS3, it wont break" they need to look into that kind of stuff first.
Black Fire
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Black Fire »

I'm getting my Elite in a month. It will be my first Microsoft game system. :)
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Post by gearhead450 »

How much are those?
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

the elite cost me $479. I also bought another Black controller and Plug and Play kit
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Cpt.Razkit wrote:I have had my Core for a while, then I got a Premium, now Im in transition to getting a X360 Elite =]

When people say " go buy a PS3, it wont break" they need to look into that kind of stuff first.
What was the point of all that? Shoulda just bought HDDs for your Core... and then a HDMI cable or something
The Gravedigger
Professional
Professional

Post by The Gravedigger »

Explain to me what you're going to do with the HDMI cable when you own a core or premium Xbox 360?

As for the extra harddrives, you would need to buy 6 of them to equal the capacity for the Elite 360.... and those six would pretty much just cost you the console itself or a very nice chunk of it.

Then you have the more energy efficient (and apparently cooler running) processor...

Regardless, the premium Xbox 360 bundled with Gears of War that I bought myself two days ago hasn't missed a dime.
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

479 wow i'd buy 2 8600s and sli them for only 249 at circuit city, and then buy 2 Corsair xtreme memory sticks DDR2 for 249. i know i went over 20 bucks... but its only 20 bucks.

or i'd get a nvidia 680i board, a cheap used dual core, and 8600 for a little under 490. :lol: not to mention a badass overclocker at my disposal

*mod note* dont disscuss warez
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

DarrenR21373 wrote:It's got the Microsoft name on it - need we say more?

As you can guess, no, I don't own any 360 and have no intention of buying one. PC is perfectly adequate for me 8)
Ya, a PC running a Microsoft Windows Operating system most likely.

I like microsoft, atleast more than I do EA... I don't have a problem with any of their stuff (except being over priced,) but you really should get a PS3. :wink:
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:
Cpt.Razkit wrote:I have had my Core for a while, then I got a Premium, now Im in transition to getting a X360 Elite =]

What was the point of all that? Shoulda just bought HDDs for your Core... and then a HDMI cable or something
I sold my Core to my friend with 2 controllers for $250. Im selling my Premium for $450 with 2 controllers and 2 games that dont work to my friend =]

I go through Controllers and Headsets like crazy.

I do have a gaming PC. My dad uses it more than me so I dont get a chance to play certain games.

Can you play Gears of War on PC? No. =]
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

I have the premium 360 and it works fine, the only problem is that it scratches my disk but not a bad scratch just lightly but still bugs my bro and I when gaming. It probably depends on the drive some scratch and some don't.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

The Gravedigger wrote: As for the extra harddrives, you would need to buy 6 of them to equal the capacity for the Elite 360.... and those six would pretty much just cost you the console itself or a very nice chunk of it.
Wrong. The 120GB HDD is going on sale for all 360s.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:
The Gravedigger wrote: As for the extra harddrives, you would need to buy 6 of them to equal the capacity for the Elite 360.... and those six would pretty much just cost you the console itself or a very nice chunk of it.
Wrong. The 120GB HDD is going on sale for all 360s.
they cost $179.

If I didnt buy the Elite, I was going to buy the HDD.
Lan.Evo.III
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Lan.Evo.III »

Disk scratching is usually linked to having the console up vertically. Also, most of the 360 consoles that have broken down are the core systems, and not the premium/pro. The PC is not a substitute for the 360 either, as Cpt.Razkit said, you cant play Gears on the PC.

I've had my 360 for a couple of months now, never had a single problem with it, never froze, only lagged during online play, maybe it's just my luck, or a deeper Microsoft conspiracy to make people buy more of their consoles.

But when the Zephyr/Elite is released here, I will be buying it.
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

my pro used to lock up during online play when I host games, but my Far Cry disc was pretty scratched. My elite only gets a little hot sometimes...
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Mine hasn't had a single problem still... its very cold actually and i have my console vertically and it never scratches no problems at all.. Unless no offense to diffrent states and stuff but i think Microsoft in Sydney had made them more better then the ones you people get i think in Sydney they don't get many calls too.. My friend had to take his back recently coz he got his imported from England :?

Return to “The Hardware & Software”