Screw the X360!

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.

How many of you own a X360 Core Console?

I do.
18%
No.
82%

Total votes: 38

Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

race_invader wrote:My friend had to take his back recently coz he got his imported from England :?
they are taking people's xbox's that are imported, my friend got his taken away, he had a Japanese version.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

how can they just get taken away ? do they actually make you give it back or what ?
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

darknight788 wrote:how can they just get taken away ? do they actually make you give it back or what ?
they look at your Gamertag, your IP, and if you have a Japanese game linked to your Gamertag that is from the US, you are pretty suspect, they are trying to stop people from cheating to get gamerscore, and trying to stop piracy. 8)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

so then if they find out that you have a japanese game linked to your gamertag they just storm your house and take your xbox ?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

they are taking people's xbox's that are imported, my friend got his taken away, he had a Japanese version.
No no they didnt take it coz it was imported.. it just gave him the Death Rings or whatever the red lights he had a hardware problem but my guess is they will send him over a new Xbox 360 witch he hasn't gotten back and its been quite awhile....
Cpt.Razkit
Professional
Professional

Post by Cpt.Razkit »

darknight788 wrote:so then if they find out that you have a japanese game linked to your gamertag they just storm your house and take your xbox ?
People who make gamesaves of games to get the full achievements, get their xbox 360 revoked. I'm not too sure but I think that they terminate your Gamertag...
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Re: Screw the X360!

Post by evilmegamonkey »

gearhead450 wrote:the Core console has crossed the line with me.

In the last year alone, I've gone through *four* of those damnable machines,
Problem solved.
Close topic.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

You could have just left this topic alone, it was almost a month old and it would have eventually went down to the bottom of the page never to be brought up again.
gearhead450
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Screw the X360!

Post by gearhead450 »

Well, back January of this year I managed to get my X360 sent in to be replaced due to a hardware defect in all of the '05 models for free.

Up unti now, everything has been peachy... at least until tonight that is. Over the last few months, my console has been acting rather strangely; the DVD drive to be precise. The tray would eject and close itself unexpectedly before, during, and after I would play a game. :lol: It was tolerable at first, and it was never really a problem due to its rare occurences.

And then... the harbinger of all X360s comes around. You guessed it: (Four Rings of Death). There was actually an announcement on FOX news awhile back abou this issue, and how it cost Microsoft [$1 Billion] to cover the repairs. :roll:

Some people have said that certain games can cause their consoles to quit functioning due to processor overload, though I'm out on the bench on those kind of allegations.

So much for playing Halo 3 anymore... :cry:
"Go anywhere, Go anywhere fast, Go anywhere fast looking like a damn pimp."

Return to “The Hardware & Software”