NFS: Pro Street the new Gran Turismo?...

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
gatman105
Ricer
Ricer

NFS: Pro Street the new Gran Turismo?...

Post by gatman105 »

Hi, everybody! this is my first post, yay!

I like the NFS Underground racing games series... but isn't NFS heading in the Gran Turismo direction...

Don't get me wrong it is something different... legal racing... legal is good... but I liked to follow the NFS storyline... Oh yeah and Saphira OShanon has won the FHM next NFS girl part... I wonder how they gonna make that work without a story line...

If it was up to me, I would make the lead character a sexy posh girl who just rolls on to the seen, and she has to prove her self bacause the street racing arena is male dominated.... now thats something I liked to see, with lots of chicks for us guys and the girls well they can feel liberated once they complete the game and kick the boss guys ass... puffy girl power!

Just seems alien to me, the fact that they have decided not to have police chases... is this a marketing move so that when they release NFS 12, they can give us the same shiznit again but with cops this time?....

I think NFS: Carbon was the best for racing but NFS: Underground 2 was the best for modding... hint hint...

btw message to EA, your losing apart of NFS... the magic is diappearing... and putting a couple more exotics cars won't hurt... haven't seen ferrari's in NFS for time!

:?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, everyone else here wants some form of realism. if you like carbon, go play it yourself, the rest of us hate it. and why are you questioning why there are no cops in this game? Deedeedee-you don't see cops on a closed circuit. maybe ea wants a change in direction, because the direction they were going in, this game that is coming out, pro street, would have sucked big time.
gatman105
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gatman105 »

Fishwhiz wrote:well, everyone else here wants some form of realism. if you like carbon, go play it yourself, the rest of us hate it. and why are you questioning why there are no cops in this game? Deedeedee-you don't see cops on a closed circuit. maybe ea wants a change in direction, because the direction they were going in, this game that is coming out, pro street, would have sucked big time.
hey, i want realism... didn't spent all that money on a ps3 for nothing! yeah maybe ea want to change the direction but why not release another title... then changing this one... and buddy if you want reality then buy a car and drift in real life... and if u get cought ur gonna go to prision and if you crash ur gonna die... thats the best realism buddy then sitting at home eating crisps and playing on the games console!
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

why would you want to get busted or crash?
thats what games are for :)
and if you really liked carbon... someone help you :shock:
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

CABON SUCKED AND PRO STREET WILL SUCK AND CHEW
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

hahahah nfs get up to GT yah right they need like 3 years of not making another nfs game, i guess its trying to mix in with GT with the races but if u looked back in the other nfs games they are legal some what hahaha but i don't think it can really match up to the realism of GT
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

NFS equally to Gran Turismo...?

Buahahahaha :D.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

gatman, if your seriously looking for hot girls in a video game, then you need to get out more often. And D00MST3R, when you make a statement like that, you should back it up with some evidence supporting your opinion. Otherwise you won't be taken seriously.
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

Tyrant wrote:NFS equally to Gran Turismo...?

Buahahahaha :D.
Gran Turismo and NFS are way different. Gran Turismo is an amazing game (GT4 :shock:) and i play it mainy for photomode, nice driving etc. It's way different from the enviroments etc, NFS is more for outside tuning yet GT4 is for inside.
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

EA is very mindful of trends, and if street racers racing on "closed" tracks is the new thing, rest assured they will try and cash in on it. ;)

Besides, they probably would have had a player revolt if they released yet another "night" racer. :D

And Carbon was an okay game.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

I get a feeling that this game is gonna be as if GT tried to make a streetracing game.
gatman105
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gatman105 »

weedman173 wrote:gatman, if your seriously looking for hot girls in a video game, then you need to get out more often. And D00MST3R, when you make a statement like that, you should back it up with some evidence supporting your opinion. Otherwise you won't be taken seriously.
hey buddy, sex sells! I'm not a weirdo or anything but i woudn't mind seeing hot girls in a racing game... if you wanna make a statment like that then what about all the people that buy magazines like FHM?...

Yh nfs won't be able to become the next Gran Turismo, but they sure in hell can try!
chocobem8
Ricer
Ricer

yeah right!

Post by chocobem8 »

nfs can't beat gran turismo.. yeah they can really try but there is only 1 thing i can say... no one can beat gran turismo...

but it seems pro street is cool... realistic legal street racing! GOOD LUCK EA! :D
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

I'm glad with the direction they're going in, but they need to have more game modes, like Time Attack, Auto Cross, Gymkhana, etc. Some form of Super GT would also be cool.

In a game like this, I'm surprised EA STILL hasn't managed to license authentic body kits. That is what's driving me nuts.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

go play juiced.

i do agree they need more modes, like time attack
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Juiced didn't have many body kits I liked. Most of the time, I kept my cars looking stock. :/
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

And D00MST3R, when you make a statement like that, you should back it up with some evidence supporting your opinion. Otherwise you won't be taken seriously.
well, any way come here too said that
carbon sucks because they didn't do much in it and lot of people were thinking that would be a drill for the NFS the title name CARBON was different but it was just another remix.

And about the Pro Street it gonna chew because it's not the NFS. Closed circuit only circuits circuits circuits.

And about the Girl(model which have won the contest) I think she gonna be a help button or she would dance after each victory! hehe
D00MST3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by D00MST3R »

Fan wishes much more than they can give 'em
Jacky
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Jacky »

What? You call Need For Speed Carbon the "best"?

What about Need For Speed 4: High Stakes and Need For Speed 5: Porsche 2000/Unleashed?

Those 2 of the Classic series really kick ass. And many people are still playing and making cars for it. (some sites feature users' projects for those 2 games)

EA started to sucks with the Underground series. The Classic series earned them lots of money, and lots of fame for their game. I just can't understand why they can't take users' feedbacks seriously and possibly make another game of the Classic series. Their sales will sure skyrocket like it never before, because ever since NFS5 released in year 2000 NFS isn't interesting anymore.

The only thing both of the Classic game lacks (NFS 4 and 5) is, better AI police. Modify your car a bit and you can knock their cars to the sky. But the overall gameplay was enough to compensate for that. You see better police in NFS MW but what's the use? The gameplay is totally different from the Classic series, having police or not makes no difference.
Jacky
Zonda_Z
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zonda_Z »

D00MST3R wrote:CABON SUCKED AND PRO STREET WILL SUCK AND CHEW
I don't think so buddy, have you beaten the game or tried Hex Editing it before?
donaldgladden
Professional
Professional

Post by donaldgladden »

and i still think that the MW editing is awesome...someone needs to make a S15 for it and proto
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Zonda_Z wrote:
D00MST3R wrote:CABON SUCKED AND PRO STREET WILL SUCK AND CHEW
I don't think so buddy, have you beaten the game or tried Hex Editing it before?
HEX editing does not make something a good game, it minimises the flaws that where in the game by FIXING them yourself.
This goes for Carbon cause all you did with Hexing wa to get all the cars that you should have gotten in the first place.

Nothing more nothing less,

I finished the game, finished the careermode, finished the challengeseries and almost all rewardcards and got any but 2 XBOX360 achievementpoints (of wich 1 you simply can't get due to a glitch). so I think I can say I finished the game.
As for the PC version I played it for fun abit but didn't bother to finish it cause it's the same game.

And I can say it doesn't even come close to being the best NFS game.
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

maybe nfs is turning into forza with the track racing and drift
TURB9O
Ricer
Ricer

Post by TURB9O »

heh u will make me laugh nfsps is not comparable with gt5.
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

Well i hope they will more head in the forza direction, Carbon has 20 vinyl layers, yet Forza 2 has 4000(!) vinyllayers!

Return to “ProStreet”