First car You ever drove or will drive.

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: First car You ever drove or will drive.

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

I think like I said in this thread before, Volks Golf R32 for me, i'd love to get one of those for my first, or a Golf GTi Rabbit. :D
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
[S]izzLe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by [S]izzLe »

hmm..i would get a evo X..MY MOM WOULD BUY IT :lol: but for me..a nice old 89' bmw 3 series...
*sig deleted for being too big. limits are 550x120px & 50kb*
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

@ S2K, my parents and I actually looked at a GTi for me while we were looking at that diesel Jetta. :lol:
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

GTi? wow, that a quite powerful for a first car!

Hmmm, R32? Bit fast?

ANYWAY, moving on, my first car may change again, as we're getting a new small car, probably the Civic Sport, or pherhaps even a A3 (come on!)! :)

I hope for my sakes that we get the A3 TDI, because they'll be happy to negotiate with me!
oh snap
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Why would you get some used, dead beat car that'll only move 50 miles per hour? It has to have at least a bit of zip to get places..
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Mate, I never said that I wanted a Hyundai Elantra...

What I was suggesting was that maybe a less powerful car, example Lancer? Mazda 3?
oh snap
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Why would you get some used, dead beat car that'll only move 50 miles per hour? It has to have at least a bit of zip to get places..
Why spend lots of money on a powerful car for an inexperienced driver when the chances of crashing it are much higher?
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

I think there should be a rule in this thread that if you haven't driven a car quite a bit before in REAL LIFE, you shouldn't be handing out advice like candy.

Example:
[S]izzLe wrote:hmm..i would get a evo X..MY MOM WOULD BUY IT :lol: but for me..a nice old 89' bmw 3 series...
My friend drives the latest generation Lancer, and it's still got quite a bit of power for a first car. I really hope you are kidding about the Evo X.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Why does everybody always ignore me?

ANYWAY, if anybody bothers to read this, I'm just gonna randomly say that my first car will officially be a Honda Civic Sport, current model
oh snap
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Striker94 wrote:Why does everybody always ignore me?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

@ striker: I was wondering how long it would take you to notice. Maybe because all or most of your posts are useless and don't contribute anything worth mentioning?

boganbusman summed it up nicely.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Striker94 wrote:ANYWAY, if anybody bothers to read this, I'm just gonna randomly say that my first car will officially be a Honda Civic Sport, current model
It never turns out how u plan it... with prices, insurance, etc.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

steelsnake00 wrote:
S2000_Skyline12 wrote:Why would you get some used, dead beat car that'll only move 50 miles per hour? It has to have at least a bit of zip to get places..
Why spend lots of money on a powerful car for an inexperienced driver when the chances of crashing it are much higher?

I'm not saying to do that, but i'm not saying to get some rolling can either.
Evil Kid Weaselmush
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Evil Kid Weaselmush »

My parents' 1998 Ford Windstar. :o
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

I really dont know what my first car will be, cuz i still have 2 years til' im [16] :x :x :x
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

speed_man wrote:I really dont know what my first car will be, cuz i still have 2 years til' im [16] :x :x :x
But you say you're in a car speeding...
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Post by speed_man »

well, baumaxx thats just where i want to be :lol:
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

^^lol^^

The first car I really drove was my sister's 1994 White Nissan Maxima. Not really sure on the year though, but it was a nice handling car. :lol:

She actually used to let me drive it home from school on the backroads... somehow a cop found out, and apparently told my parents... thank God my dad used to be a Police Officer, otherwise I'd be waiting another 4 years for my license, instead of 1 and a half... :lol:

Since I'm here... List of Cars Driven:

Nissan Maxima
Chrysler PT Cruiser
Ford Escape
Dodge Van (NO idea what it is lol)
An old army ambulance (another one of my dad's cars lol)
GMC Yukon XL
Lincoln Aviator
Toyota Corolla (Not the old models, but not the newer one's either, I think around an 06 model)
Suzuki SX4 Sport w/ Convenience Package

Funny story about that Corolla, we (My mom, my sister, my brother and I,) were going to go to a movie and my sister parked her car behind my mom's Lincoln... anyway she let me move it to the other side of the house (around 8:50PM or so,) and just as I park it and turn it off, none less than a Highway Patrol Charger goes by... giving me one hell of a look. :lol:

Anyway, now you know why my parents REALLY don't want me to get that Z...
But little do they know the G35's it's cousin... :lol:
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

I have a better idea. Get a 911. :lol: :lol:

But there isn't really a big difference between the G35 and the Z. But as you said, keep your grades up if you want 'em.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I really just don't want to get stuck at the bottom of the food chain, if that makes sense... it doesn't take much work to get into my career line, which is why I'm going for so much extra.

I expect to be just a standard programmer, pretty much anywhere will work. But I'm hoping with 2 degree's and a Master's in hardware/software (haven't decided which yet,) and also a Bachelor's Degree in Business, I can get picked up with a decent to great job by Apple, Microsoft, or if I go into hardware by someone like AMD, Intel, or nVidia. Even if it is nothing more than a Team Leader...

I don't mind being in a fairly sucky job for a few years, because if I try to apply straight out of college, I'm screwed. I've actually been to places like MS's Career site, and one thing they really look for is prior experience.

Anyway, if I keep my grades up I should hopefully be able to get the 944 once I graduate from high-school... if it doesn't get sold.
Hey look, 2800 posts! :P
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

First car I ever drove was last summer(i was 14), an Isuzu 2.5 the one which is a rebadged Chevrolet LUV
The place,em.. a farm, rally experience from the first time lol
But for the first car I am gonna get maybe our Mitsu Carisma GLX 1.6, sharing almost the same chasis as the Lancer(that gen of Evo iv v and vi) so it can be turned into a sleeper evo!
Or i may buy an E30, it will become a lot cheaper in 2-3 years and with that engine is a monster.
But my dream is an black metallic widebody EVO VI with either Evo IX or X engine with grey interior.
That's all folks

Offtopic:
Carcrazy since you are interested in programming it would be good for you to participate in a programming team right now, and since we are recruting a team I would be glad to have you on my side.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

EvoMaster wrote: Or i may buy an E30, it will become a lot cheaper in 2-3 years and with that engine is a monster.
E30 as in E30 series 3-series? They're not going to get any cheaper, they're ancient.
None of the engines are particularly monsterous, but I'd love an M3 wide-bodies E30 with an E36 M3 Evo engine.
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

You must be kidding. The E30 M3 was a monster in rally, it is used in drift races. An engine swap with the E36 straight6 is a great thing to happen, and the E30 it's much better looking.And the engine of this model it's em the ancestor of the other one(E36)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

I wonder if there'd be any way to swap the E92 V8 into one? Probably not the best of ideas but still
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

EvoMaster wrote:You must be kidding. The E30 M3 was a monster in rally, it is used in drift races. An engine swap with the E36 straight6 is a great thing to happen, and the E30 it's much better looking.And the engine of this model it's em the ancestor of the other one(E36)
I mus be kidding? I've owned two :roll:- an E30 M3 which was absolutely awesome, but hardly a monster in terms of power- running a standard, Evo Sport pistons and Evo Sport head and and Inlet Manifold, along with some lumpy cams and anm AC Schnitzer map and exhaust it only put out about 225bhp. That's not big power by anyone's standards. The other one was an E30 325iS which was great fun but only had about 170bhp. Then I replaced them with an E36 328iS for about two weeks, followed by an M3 Evo.

The E30 was a success at DTM and WTCC/BTCC and only recieved very light use as a rally car. Remember by the mid 80's (the E30 M3 hitting the production lines in 1987) the Sport Quattro and RS200 were on the scene, with powers in excess of 500bhp from turbo'd engines and AWD. Even the DTM and WTCC cars only had about 320bhp (mind you that's from a 2.3L I4) so aren't massively powerful.

The handling, however, is something else entirely. Perfect weight ballance, LSD in the 325iS and M3, lovely composure and easy to control.

Anything RWD is used in drift races.

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:I wonder if there'd be any way to swap the E92 V8 into one? Probably not the best of ideas but still
There are a couple of E30 M3's running swapped E46 I6 engines, a handful running 5.7L US-spec V8's, at least one running E39 V8 M5 engines and one I know of running a 5.7L, V12 engine from an 850CSi with a Procharger supercharger and 300bhp of direct port nitrous strapped to it. Anything's possible if you've got the money.

Return to “The Cars”