Car List Pt.1 Revealed

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
ccrst92
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Car List Pt.1 Revealed

Post by ccrst92 »

Well, I just hope the Carrera GT won't be in the game because it sucks!
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

I don't think the SLR and Carrera will be in the game (in MW they were the best cars)
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

Well in one of the vids they were driving the Carrera GT to get info on how it handles and stuff like that, so it might be in the game we'll just have to wait and see.

BTW Where's my sig?
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Your sig is lost among many others in this horrible new forum layout.

On-topic: The Carrera GT would basically own every other vehicle in the game if they put it in. They said this was supposed to be as close to realistic tuning as possible and I've never seen anyone race around drifting using a Carrera GT. That would be absurd. A 996 Turbo would be a safer bet.
Bulldozer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bulldozer »

[quote="Porsche-AG"]Your sig is lost among many others in this horrible new forum layout.

On-topic: The Carrera GT would basically own every other vehicle in the game if they put it in. They said this was supposed to be as close to realistic tuning as possible and I've never seen anyone race around drifting using a Carrera GT. That would be absurd. A 996 Turbo would be a safer bet.[/quote]

Agree

It will be funny to see carrera gt drifting.......but who knows maybe its the best drift car ever .....lol
battleram
Ricer
Ricer

Post by battleram »

I'm really happy to see Audi in the car list, but I don't get it why the Audi is called the S4 and not the RS4, the car shown on the screenshots is the RS4 (u can see the badge on one screenshot). And it's dissapointing that it's not the Avant (estate) version of it.

I really hope that the all mighty Audi RS2 will also be included in the game cuz that car deserves it even more then the RX-7, it's just godly, it even out accelerates the McLaren F1 in 0-50km/h (though it's a proper five-seater family estate) and it's a popular tuner (well at least in my country).
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Might've been a typo by EA, who knows? If you go on the official website, even there it says Audi S4.
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Just goes to show how stupid EA is. Post a picture of an Audi RS4 and say that the Audi S4 will be in the game.

And why would you want to drift in an Estate? I'm pretty sure the Estate version is slightly slower than the sedan...
battleram
Ricer
Ricer

Post by battleram »

Yeah the estate IS slower to 100km/h by 0.1sec (sedan 4.8sec vs. Avant 4.9sec), but the original RS2 and RS4 models were only available as the Avant version and cuz of that many Audi fans go for the Avant (also cuz the Avant versions looked always better then the sedan IMO) , plus there isn't any notable differences in terms of handling. And why should i drift it, it's built for the circut?And furthermore I've heard that it's rather difficult car to drift.
Last edited by battleram on 13 Jul 2007, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

Who said anything about drifting in a Estate?
I would much rather see the Avant version of certain Audis then the sedan.
For instance IMO the RS6 Avant is much, much better looking then the sedan version.
And the Avant has a very cool, racedaddy look (big family car with kids in the back and being able to smoke ricers while going to do some shopping :D)
battleram
Ricer
Ricer

Post by battleram »

Not only Audi models look better as estates but nearly the whole Volkswagen group's model range (Audi, Volkswagen, Å¡koda). For instance take the VW Passat: it also looks better as the Variant version then the sedan.

Well at least that's what I think
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Americans and the whole of North America generally don't like estate/variant versions of cars. Personally, I love them and I agree that the previous generation of RS6 Avant is just sexy and an awesome car. It's a good thing Audi released a new generation of A6s because now the older generation will be lowered in price. :D
Bulldozer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bulldozer »

I Will be happier to see R8 then S2
battleram
Ricer
Ricer

Post by battleram »

S2? If you don't know it yet then the RS2 is an Audi 80 which is heavily modified by Porsche AG. It's engine delivers 315hp and you can get approximately up to 400hp just by tweaking the engines setup without replaceing any of the original parts. It does 4.8sec to 100km/h (R8 does 4.6sec) and about 4sec to 100km/h with the tuned setup (I know that cuz I saw one RS2 do that on a drag race called Speedest and it had the same ~400hp setup). On the other hand the S2 is a weaker version of it with the same engine but it delivers 220hp.
It's ridiculous that an estate that was produced over 10 years ago can beat the same company's "first ever supercar" the R8......
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

You can add the 350Z to the car list too.
PSW wrote:we get to try Infinium Raceway in San Francisco in a Nissan 350Z, alone and with the damage effects and driver aids turned off
And heres the rest of the article

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=167436
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYAAAHHHHHH! . . . EVO and M3 . . . cant wait . . . . I want November right now . . . . evo lives on!
Evo_Turner

Return to “News”