NFSU2: SMS Guy's Car?

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFSU2: SMS Guy's Car?

Post by influx »

Hey every so often while driving around you get a call from an SMS guy talking about hot spots around the city and in the background you can hear his car, I'm just wondering what car is he driving as it's like the best sound I've heard in the game. Thanks.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: NFSU2: SMS Guy's Car?

Post by xturbo »

Seems to be a real tuned Nissan Skyline (very similar to 2fast 2furious Brian's Skyline) engine sound. O a 350z sound...idk man.

ALSO, trying to guess a thing: There's a ambient sound when you turn off the MENU MUSIC in the MENU obviously, and often you can hear car's with some tunes passing. There are 2 short tunes I've noticed that comes from the cars. Are those tunes actually pieces of other soundtracks? if that's the case, can ANYBODY give me the name of the 2 ones, because I'm looking for a specific one between those 2.

Thank you !
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

I got a bee sound (im guessing thats what you want since Xturbo said Brian's skyline) using a SLIGHTLY modified 350Z with only a lvl one or two engine... just don't get an exhaust upgrade and you should get it as long as you dont over do it...

I also did with a Lexus (Whatever was in U2)

I can't think about cars much now... I haven't had my medicine for almost three months now and its starting to get to me... :?

This Just in... [4 hours later] IS300!!!!
Last edited by Carcrazy on 18 Jul 2007, 03:29, edited 2 times in total.
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Yeah I've always thought throughout the game that it must be a skyline but when I finally got the r34 it sounded nothing like it, even tried tuning it slightly, etc. I'll try out a 350z with just a street package engine and see how it goes.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

See, teh trick is to get smaller pipes on it, then your car will have a "bee" sound. Just like larger pipes will give it a "roar".
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

What do you mean smaller pipes? Do you mean going to the body shop and buying a smaller exhaust? If so then I find that no matter what size the exhaust is the sound for some reason isn't altered for any car.

And just now I've tried pretty much every car in the game for all types of engines and what I've come up with is that none of them sound like it, not even the 350z. The absolute closest I got was the Lexus on street engine.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Na, that is just a muffler tip. I'm talking about not upgrading the exhaust system....
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Carcrazy wrote:I got a bee sound (im guessing thats what you want since BrontoX said Brian's skyline)
I can't think about cars much now... I haven't had my medicine for almost three months now and its starting to get to me... :?

This Just in... [4 hours later] IS300!!!!
Well, if you can see...I said that...not BRONTOX :S :S
And yeah seems u need that medicine :wink: lol j/k
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

DOH! #-o
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Haha it's actually also the stock exhaust of the Skyline. I must have been in too much of a hurry making it fast and upgrading once I got it to notice the sound efficiently. Thanks for the help, turns out that the very thing I thought it was, actually is.

Now I can cruise around with that stock exhaust sound while the car is upgraded on extreme, only lose about 20hp. :D
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Hey nice... I can make a 2F2F vinyl and drive around in the skyline! :P

This leads me to think you can do it on almost any car with a stock exhaust....
JBearSVT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by JBearSVT »

I've been wondering about this myself. He's always saying stuff like "hope to see you there", makes me wonder if he's ever one of the other racers. I never actually looked at the names...
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!!!
influx
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by influx »

Carcrazy wrote:Hey nice... I can make a 2F2F vinyl and drive around in the skyline! :P

This leads me to think you can do it on almost any car with a stock exhaust....
Yep you can do it on any car, the only side effect is a loss of about 10hp to 20hp, varies on cars which isn't that much. I think it's worth it to hear a good engine sound.

Return to “Underground 2”