Most Wanted with DX10

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Most Wanted with DX10

Post by Glopaticki »

Hey fellas i can't install MW because it comes up with an error saying i need DX9 or higher to run it when i have DX10!!
Attachments
d.jpg
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Most Wanted with DX10

Post by prince1142003 »

It requires a few DirectX 9.0 handles. The game's not designed for DX10, so either try to run it in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP, or install DirectX 9.0c.
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

Wow... are you running Vista? If so what version? (IE Home Basic/Premium/Business/Ultimate)

I'm on Home Premium, and I installed MW yesterday with no problems at all... it went smother than with XP. Also what Video Card do you have? My sister's PC had a problem with this (in XP) and she was running integrated graphics... how many times have you tried to reinstall it?
Glopaticki
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Glopaticki »

I have home premium and a 8800GTS 320mb, I had Most Wanted on it about a month ago and then unistalled it and put on Company of Heroes, and i think thats to blame because i updated the game and it must have installed Direct X 10 and now i tried to install Direct X 9c from another game and it installs but i still cannot install MW. Doesn't matter anyway i'm back at uni in a week and i'll have no time to play it anyway.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

That's strange. Most Wanted worked fine on Vista for me (if not a little bit slower). The version was Home Premium Upgrade and on my trusty Intel 950 card :)
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

This is the only thing I can think of... I wanted to help you before I leave for a while. You might want to try a manual install. It's different from regular games so you might want to either contact EA customer support (they told me how to) or google for the instructions. :P

Return to “Help & Support”