[NFS CARBON] Linux

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
dalamar23666
Ricer
Ricer

[NFS CARBON] Linux

Post by dalamar23666 »

Hi,

Having been now fed up with winblows and bill gates that bastard, I have decided to switch to ubuntu linux. I know that I am not the only one out there that hates windows and wants to use linux. I have been looking on a lot of forums and done some reading and have not found anything about the .dll's I will need to have in the wine folder to make it work. I am doing my research first incase the flavor of linux I have chosen will not work with the game. While I love NFS and driving the different cars I have installed. I have beeaten the game many times in windows and have it for X box and really do not need to have this game working in linux since my GTA will work great. But I like the game and it would be nice :-P
Finalmaster2

Re: [NFS CARBON] Linux

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Well unfortunately in Ubuntu Linux the NFS:C and NFS:MW are classified as garbage. So they don't work. This is why I have both XP & Ubuntu.
b3nt3n
Stock
Stock

Post by b3nt3n »

i have to disagree with finalmaster2, im new-ish to linux and i have just installed carbon on mint 10 64bit using wine, it works great (even with usb to ps2 adapter), the only bug i have to report is the autosculpt gives a windows error, but everything else is spot on!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Well, clearly things have changed in the *five years* since Finalmaster made those comments. Go figure.

Return to “Editing”