Website Problem

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Website Problem

Post by Tunerfreak »

Hopefully this is the right forum.

I have a problem in which my website http://www.tunerfreak.freehostingnow.com has a banner add at the top of each of my pages using the script:

Code: Select all

<SCRIPT TYPE="text/javascript" SRC="http://adserving.cpxinteractive.com/st?ad_type=ad&ad_size=728x90&section=230337"></SCRIPT>
Now before anyone asks this host claims no-adds and it is not an infringment on my terms of service to remove this banner.

The main problem ive found with this add is it is placed before all code in the html file no matter what, thus i havent found a way to get noscript tags around it or anything alike.

Im hoping theres a simple solution some genious might know about as I am new to coding. Even if there was a way to just center align it it wouldnt look so out of place, though I would rather it was removed.

Ive noticed I can disable javascript on my browser and the add will disappear without affecting anything else so maybe if there was a way to disable javascript in the HTML?

Help would be greatly appreciated :)
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: Website Problem

Post by Carcrazy »

Hm... it sounds like some kind of bot is on your server and is editing the scripts as the page loads... if this IS it you can try to find the bot, and IP block it, or you can put a no-bot access script on the page. Google has lots of info on bots.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Tunerfreak, your host is putting that ad at the top of your pages. Just because they don't say that they are going to put one on your pages doesn't mean they aren't going to. And I did read over the TOS and they did leave out punishing people that remove that ad. I used to know how you would get around that but it's on my other hard drive which is dieing.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The easiest way I know of is to enclose the entire body contents in a div, and then giving the div a really high z-index, a background, and moving it to the top left.

Put this code in the body, around the contents:

<div class="body_container">

</div>
And put this code in the document stylesheet. If you don't have external style sheets, just create a style section in the HTML file.

body {
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
}

div.body_container {
width: 100%;
z-index: 25;
position: absolute;
top: 0px;
left: 0px;
margin: 5px;
background: whatever you want;
}
I suggest you learn a little bit of CSS coding. It could come in handy.
Hope that helps.
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Thanks everyone ill try the suggestions and see what happens.

Return to “The Hardware & Software”